By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is more important Graphics Quality or Story Quality?

Which is more Important?

Graphics 28 14.14%

Story 170 85.86%

Total:198

Story of course

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Story by light years.I mean, this comparison is actually insulting, in the sense that story is simply far more important than graphics and nowadays, depending on what type of game you are making and what you plan to achieve, the story can be as important, if not more, than the gameplay.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I tend to prefer gameplay instead of either of those, but if I had to choose one it'd be story because I have no problem in playing old games as long as they're fun. One thing that I think most recent games lack though is creativity (Talking mostly AAA though, thank goodness for indies).

Story for me but it's also nice to play a game that is pleasant for my eyes.

Story for me but I won't pretend like graphics don't matter because they do matter even though a lot of people don't want to believe it.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Gameplay > Story > Graphics.

How many games look like a potato nowadays but are still considered clasics thanks to their gameplay or story?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

It depends on the game tbh.

See, since I think graphics have reached wonderful heights and storytelling in gaming in general has declined, I would say I currently value storytelling more (I said in general, not all games).

Im fine with most graphics as long as they arent cheap indie wannabe retro games or don't look like a flash game. Flash games really bother me for some reason

I can't remember any game with a good story and bad graphics (relatively to the games of the same period). It's like you have a lot of money for graphics, then there is a chance you can push the story, music, and voice acting because it's relatively cheap. But if you don't have any money there is mostly no story. Or perhaps I found the story insignificant if not served well by artists, that's possible, because it's harder to convey emotion if you have a bad voice actor, the cheapest scenarist, no time and a bad animation. But that my 2 cents, please tell if you have good examples ?