By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm officially a PC gamer.

After the PS4 Pro reveal, I was kinda depressed of where gaming was heading. I'm a pretty open minded person, so I was still curious about the Pro, but what killed it for me and force me to go PC was the fact that devs are still aiming for 30fps, sacrificing gameplay for graphics and I just had enough. I'm tired of 30fps, I want a new experience with games. Not trying to brag or start up any console war BS, curious what your feeling was after the PS4 Pro?

Note: I already own a PS4 and plan to pick up a NX

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

FPS =/= Gameplay

That said, if your frames per second are that important to you, then it would be beneficial to you to switch to PC.

I was bummed about no UHD Drive, but then I realized I'd likely only use it once and keep streaming. Otherwise, I'm stoked to play games in 4K-ish.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

The ps4 pro is pretty much what I expected with the exception of the lack of a UHD Bluray player. Its even priced better than I previously thought it would be. So I like it. I already have a gaming PC for all my multiplats so I will be getting the Neo for the console exclusives and the console firsts.

Welcome to the PC community btw.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Good for you. I play all games in my PS4 and sell non exclusives immediately. I have a plan to play them on future in PC. For me PS4 Pro didn't seemed appealing. I don't know when but I will build a massive rig to play games in future.

I upgraded my 1gb vram graphics card to 4gb so I could use ultrawide 21:9 display and max settings. Overclocking my central processor too. If NX goes modular that'll be fascinating. I can appreciate that Sony gives a premium product while maintaining profitability and very reasonable price. I'll stick with pc simply because it's better in some ways.

Prepare to have an exponential backlog! 

Around the Network
snyps said:
I upgraded my 1gb vram graphics card to 4gb so I could use ultrawide 21:9 display and max settings. Overclocking my central processor too. If NX goes modular that'll be fascinating. I can appreciate that Sony gives a premium product while maintaining profitability and very reasonable price. I'll stick with pc simply because it's better for me since I can play with the parts.

With the PC model I bought, I plan to upgrade it to a GTX 1080, I'll be set for 10+ years 

http://www.microcenter.com/product/466266/GeForce_GTX_1080_AERO_8GB_GDDR5_Overclocked_PCIe_Video_Card

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Suke said:
snyps said:
I upgraded my 1gb vram graphics card to 4gb so I could use ultrawide 21:9 display and max settings. Overclocking my central processor too. If NX goes modular that'll be fascinating. I can appreciate that Sony gives a premium product while maintaining profitability and very reasonable price. I'll stick with pc simply because it's better for me since I can play with the parts.

With the PC model I bought, I plan to upgrade it to a GTX 1080, I'll be set for 10+ years 

http://www.microcenter.com/product/466266/GeForce_GTX_1080_AERO_8GB_GDDR5_Overclocked_PCIe_Video_Card

That's one hell of a graphics processor! I'm sure that will take you far on your journey. 

Suke said:
snyps said:

What's the rest of your PC?

And welcome to the PC Gaming Master Race, may all your games be good ones.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Opposite for me. I am officially done with PC after the Pro event. I like the way the console industry is heading, and hope to see even more premium tier models in the future. I would love to see Sony put out a PlayStation under their Elevated Standards (ES) brand of premium equipment.

After the new 4.0 firmware, the PS4 OS is better than ever, and leaves me with now reason to ever head back to PC. I just preffer the premium, organized, and optimized experience of the PlayStation and Xbox over the mess that is PC.

I think you will find PC fun for a while, maybe evn find it is the right platform for you. Just don't miss out on the awesome console exclusives. As jaded as I am, I still make an effort to experience great games when they come, no matter what platform they are on.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Each to their own.