By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I don't care about your fanmade games being taken down.

Modding and these things always are in the grey area, but I feel that as long as they are not making money off of these clones, then it's fine

You can copy the idea, but just don't label it with Mario or something

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Is this a satirical thread? Praising a corporation for threatening their fans? Lmao you gotta be kidding.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Why should they be praised for this? Just being different doesn't make them praiseworthy if its not innovative. This is just one of their policies that doesn't affect quality of their games and their Youtube policy is crap. They deserve criticism for that.

Games like AM2R can just rebrand as an original IP and release on consoles :P

No sorry what nintendo did was a dick move, the project was known for a long time and they could have stopped it basically from day one but choose to take it down when it is finished. I am surprised people would go so far to defend and praise them for it :s. It only makes people dislike nintendo more...

Around the Network
vivster said:
Ka-pi96 said:

So you think they deserve praise solely for being different? Just being different isn't really praiseworthy though.

You forgot the picture.

OUCH!!!! Man, that hurts.

SpokenTruth said:
Sega only hired them because they can't make a good Sonic game themselves.

Nintendo doesn't have a problem making good Mario games.

What about Metroid?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Nintendo and EA have alot more in common than people think-  so the OP must think highly of EA for taking down the Star Wars game too-

Both companies are heavy handed- both companies tend to treat their fans poorly

The biggest difference is Nintendo has been doing it longer than EA

So its like when Apple removed the headphone jack on their iphone 7 and called it "courage"

I get why Nintendo did it but yea, I wouldn't give them any praise for it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The problem is that Nintendo is taking down fan-made games that would, if anything, benefit them. Instead, they opt to take the role of a bully. They have the right to that, but they also have to face the backslash because people have the right to get angry about Nintendo's actions. All in all, Nintendo is not a modern company, and this is just another sign of it.