By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NX!!! I GOT IT! Finally figured it out what the Nintendo NX is!

Tagged games:

I GOT IT! Finally figured it out what the Nintendo NX is!

Makes a lot of sense. 9 31.03%

The waiting drove you insane! 20 68.97%

Total:29

I like the idea, but I believe Nintendo should team up with Apple in regards to this. Apple brand, market, Os,ect teaming up with Nintendo would be awesome.

Around the Network

The NX will retail for $249.99, not $399.99. That's what I'm going with anyway.

pray4mojo said:

That is very affordable, but I wonder how this works, how could this generate profit?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Whatever it is, I don't think you will be able to buy both the mobile and console version together for $399. I think you might get a console NX for $299-$349 and a mobile NX for $199-$249. Which for the full experience is a hefty $499-$599. Not sure i'd be willing to shell out the bucks for that.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

WagnerPaiva said:
pray4mojo said:

That is very affordable, but I wonder how this works, how could this generate profit?

I based that off the rumors that it will be at or around Xbox One tech wise which is pretty low end. Sure, they could charge $399.99 but that's the premium price point for consoles that are beefy and at the high end. I don't think the NX will fit that description and plus, do they really want to compete with MS and Sony? I think it would be the smarter play to go the Wii route and come in sub-$300.00.

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
potato_hamster said:

By a large margin, yes.

Even if you think about a Vita or 3DS midia? On a N64 cartridge or SNES, sure, but these devices nowadays seem much simpler and the tech is much better.

I am thinking about USB drives. I buy them for 2 or 3 dollars, just bought a 64GB for 6 bucks.

A disc costs cents to make. Cartridges cost a few dollars.

I think it's a handheld at core, it connects to TV but without massive upgrade, it's not a hybrid machine and it will not be sold seperate cos the add-on don't coast too much

potato_hamster said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Even if you think about a Vita or 3DS midia? On a N64 cartridge or SNES, sure, but these devices nowadays seem much simpler and the tech is much better.

I am thinking about USB drives. I buy them for 2 or 3 dollars, just bought a 64GB for 6 bucks.

A disc costs cents to make. Cartridges cost a few dollars.

Didn't we already hear news that the guys producing the ROMs for the 3DS had confirmed that they could produce 32GB carts for the same price as a Blu_ray?

It's actually just the friends we made along the way. This is Nintendo's way of ditching friend codes.

I've been saying this since announcement, it's so obvious they're going with a tablet like device with a sister home console attachment.