By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NX!!! I GOT IT! Finally figured it out what the Nintendo NX is!

Tagged games:

I GOT IT! Finally figured it out what the Nintendo NX is!

Makes a lot of sense. 9 31.03%

The waiting drove you insane! 20 68.97%

Total:29
ktay95 said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Could you reconsider? I made some legitimate considerations about what the NX could be, It is clearly not a TROLL thread.

哦,对不起啦。

Not a problem! Thanks! =)

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Or it could be like a Dreamcast VMU.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
shenlong213 said:

And you just forgot about Supplemental Computing Device, which boost the raw power of game machine

That is that brick I mentioned, the one connect to your TV set. I am not thinking cloud really, but a actual suplementary device that will work along the tablet controler, and they together will generate awesome graphics for the TV set.

On the go you will be using the handheld power alone.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

WagnerPaiva said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I think the handheld and the handheld related things are the only part you will get right. It will probably have a dock but I highly doubt it will get ps4 graphics or western third party support.

Interesting. I am thinking in a system that could reproduce PS4 games, with merely cosmetic differences. I think that there will be a brick connected to the TV and that part of the system will have some extra raw power, as in the patent we saw earlier this year.

Well... I feel like something like that will increase the cost of the thing outside of impluse buy category. Nintendo priced its handheld once before around $250 which was clearly too expensive hence why the 3ds got a price cut to ~$150. This thing you are saying sounds like its going to cost more than $250, a lot more. Not only due to the hardware power but because of the technology cause your version of the NX will have a screen, speakers and everything that a handheld has on top of a docking station. Where as consoles like the ps4/x1 don't need that stuff.

So to me, your version will cost more than both and I don't think Nintendo wants to go that route. Specially with the Neo and Scorpio on the horizon which will handly beat all 3. And not to mention that the developers will have to code for when the game is its mobile form and console form and blah blah blah. That is the type of stuff that third parties hate. So even if it is as powerful as the ps4, idk if third parties will like all the extra coding and optimizing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
WagnerPaiva said:

Interesting. I am thinking in a system that could reproduce PS4 games, with merely cosmetic differences. I think that there will be a brick connected to the TV and that part of the system will have some extra raw power, as in the patent we saw earlier this year.

Well... I feel like something like that will increase the cost of the thing outside of impluse buy category. Nintendo priced its handheld once before around $250 which was clearly too expensive hence why the 3ds got a price cut to ~$150. This thing you are saying sounds like its going to cost more than $250, a lot more. Not only due to the hardware power but because of the technology cause your version of the NX will have a screen, speakers and everything that a handheld has on top of a docking station. Where as consoles like the ps4/x1 don't need that stuff.

So to me, your version will cost more than both and I don't think Nintendo wants to go that route. Specially with the Neo and Scorpio on the horizon which will handly beat all 3. And not to mention that the developers will have to code for when the game is its mobile form and console form and blah blah blah. That is the type of stuff that third parties hate. So even if it is as powerful as the ps4, idk if third parties will like all the extra coding and optimizing.

Yes, I am thinking 300 dollars.

But you get a lot of value. Nintendo probably made it easy to setup though, so developers do not get scared.

Around the Network

Or it could just be a regular handheld that has a cube hooked up to the TV and the only purpose of the cube is to let you watch 4K Blu-ray discs on the TV, just to troll Sony. 🙄 No graphic enhancements whatsoever. It would look like this.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
WagnerPaiva said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yes, I am thinking 300 dollars.

Well.. A x1 and a ps4 costs $300. And they don't have screens, speakers, battery large enough for a handheld,  touch capabilities, two devices (handheld and brick thing), two gpus, technology that makes the docking stuff work, etc. Why do you think it will cost $300?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

pbroy said:
Or it could just be a regular handheld that has a cube hooked up to the TV and the only purpose of the cube is to let you watch 4K Blu-ray discs on the TV, just to troll Sony. 🙄 No graphic enhancements whatsoever. It would look like this.

Lol. =D

I think Nintendo is interested in how having cartridges will garantee an enormous margin of profit. My instincts tell me that the company is also ready to offer some great deals to developers based on the cartridge model.

Captain_Yuri said:

Well.. A x1 and a ps4 costs $300. And they don't have screens, speakers, battery large enough for a handheld,  touch capabilities, two devices (handheld and brick thing), two gpus, technology that makes the docking stuff work, etc. Why do you think it will cost $300?

Hum. You got a point, Then 350 like the Nintendo WiiU, but even that seems to little when I think about all you said. Maybe 399.

Aren't optical disks still the best physical format for profit margin? Anybody?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."