By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony supported Mods in UT3 and Microsoft didnt where was the outcry back then? Media Bias

Because now sony is 4 the player, also ut3 is 10 year old game? Even as a Nintendo fangirl I don't defend Nintendo if they do something shitty, I stay quiet because I know I can't defend them.

Around the Network
onionberry said:
Because now sony is 4 the player, also ut3 is 10 year old game? Even as a Nintendo fangirl I don't defend Nintendo if they do something shitty, I stay quiet because I know I can't defend them.

You should voice your opinion if a company does something shitty.

CGI-Quality said:
shikamaru317 said:

Mods weren't very popular back then. It wasn't until Skyrim released that modding really took off and became popular. Fallout 4 and Skyrim are two very high profile games, not allowing mods for them, especially when they were both announced with mod support, is just bad PR. A User review system is the only level of QA needed for mods, it works on PC, and it works on XB1.

Eh, nah. Modding was a big deal long before that. Zillions of Oblivion mods prior to that, for example.

I would say in the eyes of mainstreaming gaming media (Youtube, Memes, etc.), Skyrim is really what took it off. Half Life had it as well, and most likely the most famous for the gamers at the time.

Mods are the only reason I was interested in Unreal for PS3. I watched some videos and it looked amazing. Unfortunately, by the time I watched those videos, the game was ancient. I never played a Fallout game but after walking into Gamestop to get my copy of RotTR on day one, I've learned that franchise is HUGE.

Maybe that's where the extra outcry comes from. Just a bigger audience.

KLXVER said:
onionberry said:

Nah because I'm biased towards Nintendo, but i'm not blindly biased. So if they do something shitty I'm not going to publicly criticize because I'm biased, But people can criticize and  I'm not going to defend them neither because I'm not blindly biased. 

Around the Network
onionberry said:
KLXVER said:

Nah because I'm biased towards Nintendo, but i'm not blindly biased. So if they do something shitty I'm not going to publicly criticize because I'm biased, But people can criticize and  I'm not going to defend them neither because I'm not blindly biased. 

Well you kinda are if you never say anything bad about them...

shikamaru317 said:
CGI-Quality said:

Eh, nah. Modding was a big deal long before that. Zillions of Oblivion mods prior to that, for example.

Skyrim did surpass all previous games though as far as mod support goes. Despite releasing several years after Oblivion twice as many mods are available for Skyrim as there are for Oblivion, and Skyrim mods have like 7 times as many downloads as Oblivion mods do. As a primarily console gamer in the past, I personally knew nothing about modding until Skyrim released and mod videos really took off on Youtube, and I'm sure alot of others are the same. 

The amount of mods Counter-Strike (which is a mod itself) received was much more impactful for its time than Skyrim.

KLXVER said:
onionberry said:

Well you kinda are if you never say anything bad about them...

that's ok :)

BraLoD said:
Acevil said:
Wait is the logic being presented, that we should not be at all hold companies accountable now, because we did not do it back than.

The point is the media bias, it's in the title

Pretty much the same thing that happened some months ago, when Microsoft was praised for wanting cross play and Sony attacked for the opposite, while Sony had been providing cross play for a good while already and we could have had a cross play between all platforms with FF XIV but MS didn't want it, then SE didn't release the game on XBOX, but we didn't have nearly the backslash Sony got for some reason.

Here is my take on, and I will corelate it with Pokemon Go, when things become popular, missteps are bigger and louder. Skyrim and Fallout 4 mods and the game itself would fall in this. 

we leaving in days that UHD blu ray player, that games discs don't use, and Mods that destroy the game, is so important and we can't enjoy games without them

Really where is all EA access staf that Sony don't allow this because of that and is wrong is losing,.. and blah blah blah...