By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony supported Mods in UT3 and Microsoft didnt where was the outcry back then? Media Bias

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qinr93dlCI0

See this video for proof, i agree with him. Bethesda cant even run properly their main game without bugs, their mods are dangerious if they dont quality controll them. I think Sony makes the right decision to not allow them.

As you can see Sony supported Mods in Unreal Tournment 3 on the PS3 but Microsoft didnt so where was the outcry back then?

Around the Network

There are several reasons people react differently

1) UT3 was never announced with mod support, Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4 where.
2) UT3 is not as big of a game as Fallout 4 and Skyrim
3) The MODS from the PC Community for these 2 games are incredible

So its not fair to call that media bias.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

People love to moan about stuff, nuff said.

That game is almost 10 years old, there probably was backlash but people probably stopped caring sometime before the early 2000s ended. You're graping at straws for this one

collint0101 said:
That game is almost 10 years old, there probably was backlash but people probably stopped caring sometime before the early 2000s ended. You're graping at straws for this one

I do remember back when this was announced people where overwhelmingly possitive to the support of mods on PS3, and also the inclusion of being able to install Linux, sony was concidered a much more open platform.

There wasn't a lot of negativity towards xbox but indeed with my points earlier posted and the fast its 10 years old, its really not a fair comparison.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network

that was then,... this is xbox.

CGI-Quality said:
malistix1985 said:
There are several reasons people react differently

1) UT3 was never announced with mod support, Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4 where.
2) UT3 is not as big of a game as Fallout 4 and Skyrim
3) The MODS from the PC Community for these 2 games are incredible

So its not fair to call that media bias.

This is, somewhat, untrue. Pretty much, right after the game released, the announcement was made (like 2.5 weeks later). Plus, it was rumored from the reveal, so it was certainly in the air in 2007. I remember being one of this site's biggest UTIII PS3 supporters in '08. The mods were a very big deal.

What I tried to say is it was never announced with mod support for the Xbox360, where as fallout 4 and skyrim where announced with mod support for the PS4, so there was never a "cancellation" of mod support on the xbox platform.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Because many console gamers didn't look up to PC gamers back then...

Also back then all the hype was saying Xbox Live was a paid service and Sony allowed you to play games 100% for free, good old days ^_^

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Wait is the logic being presented, that we should not be at all hold companies accountable now, because we did not do it back than.

Add: Don't get me wrong, I don't care for this mod stuff, but that is horrible logic.