By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have a bad feeling about Playstation Home

ok so sony has been working this since 2005 i think? it was supposed to drop in 2007, then it got delayed again, then to spring. now im hearing something about a july release? what happend to that spring release you promised us?

something is telling me that home will never ever be released, on the ps3 that is. 

Around the Network

I dont think it will be released ever, if anything I know for certain it will release in 2009.

mM

I think the Beta will make it this year but I don't see Home itself being released till 2009. It has potential but the delays have me worried that there are some real problems.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

Games take years to develop. Home is huge and big programs have tons of tweaking and errors to be corrected. Home will turn out alright.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

I don´t even know what its supposed to be good for... you walk around... chat... and play arcade games ??? Is that it ??? Why would that take so long to do ??? Somebody explain please...

Around the Network

@el duderino

You can watch your blu-ray movies or dvd movies that are on your ps3 with your friends in your HOME even if they live 200 miles away.

You can play arcade games, chess etc..
You can live by the beach? Well thats all I know for now dude.

mM
leo-j said:
@el duderino

You can watch your blu-ray movies or dvd movies that are on your ps3 with your friends in your HOME even if they live 200 miles away.

What's the point? Most peoples upstream internet is less than 256k. You can't even watch youtube quality videos with a connection that slow. 

well you can also go into a lounge and find people to play a game and jump directly into the game...there is exclusive content on some games like uncharted...i heard uncharted basically had it where you could go in and wander around lvls and stuff like that. It wont appeal to all but it will to some

leo-j said:
@el duderino

Are you suggesting that you can watch these movies in full resolution?  Or just on "screens" within the buildings/ environments of HOME?

I'm not usually one to cry "gimmick," being a self-proclaimed Nintendo fanboy. With that said, Home is a gimmick.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom