By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have a bad feeling about Playstation Home

Mars said:
super_etecoon said:
Mars said:
iclim4 said:

And Fishy please stop stealth trolling, atleast come in with an open mind.
Look at your posts in this thread, everything you post is negative and all you have to go by it is speculation.
If you want, ask Mars about how Home handles internet speed. He's been implying that he has the beta.

i got cable and it handles everything just fine, and not sure what they are whining about.

This query was in reference toLeo-J's comment about streaming Blu-Ray movies in your crib.

No clue.

You can watch vids that are better then standard defenition, but they arent Br quality.

I guess if they can stream a PS3 game on to the PSP its possible but will it be full HD i dont know.

The difference is the psp is using a lan which go up to 100mbps, while home will be using the internet.

Around the Network

@ iclim4: So fishy thinks there is something fishy about Home... big deal, he has the right to have an oppinion even if he is a mod... he sayed what he sayed as a response to Mars... so he doesn´t want to chat with other gamers after a game... bid deal, neather do I... if Home is not our cup of tea let us express that oppinion... we are not saying its going to suck or nobody will like it... its just not for us and we have reasons for that...and again the thread is about Home potentially not beeing that great...

iclim4 said:
twesterm said:
iclim4 said:
Don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna make the biggest and coolest apartment, only from the free furniture available of course. =P
Well, I might spend 3 bucks max for a big screen. XD
I'll probably even stick a big VGC poster on my walls just for smiles and giggles.

And Fishy please stop stealth trolling, atleast come in with an open mind.
Look at your posts in this thread, everything you post is negative and all you have to go by it is speculation.
If you want, ask Mars about how Home handles internet speed. He's been implying that he has the beta.

1. Negative comments aren't always trolling
  2. You know all you have to go on is speculation too right?
Alright, I'll try to be as clear as possible.
Examine FishyJoe's post.

FishyJoe said:
Mars said:
FishyJoe said:
Mars said:
Are you drunk or that big a troll ?

Yahh things never get delayed, its so surprising when something in the games industry gets delayed lol. We so not used to delays.

Seeing as home is up and running on my PS3, the potential for it is huge all they need to do is tie in games like GT (Kaz already said it will be) and you got instant success. Most that doubt home are ignorant about it or just simply wii/60 fanboys scared of its potential.

Theres nothing like racing GT online then arguing some dude in GT home about what just happened. i cant wait to start all the Lexus is better then BMW or Benz arguments.

So home is for bragging?

i see it as a high teck place for shiet talking, after you done back into the game and so on.I can only imagine what the clans wil do, just casue the gaem is over does not mean the fight is.

If anything, that makes it less appealing to me. I need is a room full of punk kids telling me how they pwned like a hole in the head.

A feature that can be derived from the quotes above is that it is possible to chat with other people.
A room full of people from VGC represented by their own avatars in their own virtualspace, or how about relatives.
How about an old childhood friend who moved to a different state? Have a chat share thoughts, maybe even share LBP ideas in the near future.

Yet how did fishy respond?
"So home is for bragging?"
"If anything, that makes it less appealing to me. I need is a room full of punk kids telling me how they pwned like a hole in the head."

That would imply he is intentionally looking for negatives to put down the game.
Or atleast being close minded and refuse to see the positives.
Do you disagree?

I'm not trying to be a smartass here.
I respect mods in this site, and I would like fishy to show a higher standard.

Again, there isn't anything wrong with someone seeing the negatives in something.  I would say the say same if someone came up with perfectly valid reasons why the don't think they would not like Brawl in a thread about why they were unsure about Brawl before it was released so why would I care if someone has perfectly valid reasons for not like Home?

If you don't agree with him, make a counterpoint.  If you don't want to do that, just ignore him.  Until Home is actually released, as you said, everything (positive and negative) is all speculation. 

FishyJoe said:
leo-j said:
@el duderino

You can watch your blu-ray movies or dvd movies that are on your ps3 with your friends in your HOME even if they live 200 miles away.

You can play arcade games, chess etc..
You can live by the beach? Well thats all I know for now dude.

What's the point? Most peoples upstream internet is less than 256k. You can't even watch youtube quality videos with a connection that slow. 

and dial-up connections wont exist in the USA after Feb 17th 2009.  So oh well.  So much for your argument. =P

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

El Duderino said:
@ iclim4: So fishy thinks there is something fishy about Home... big deal, he has the right to have an oppinion even if he is a mod... he sayed what he sayed as a response to Mars and you are taking it out of context... so he doesn´t want to chat with other gamers after a game... bid deal, neather do I... if Home is not our cup of tea let us express that oppinion... we are not saying its going to suck or nobody will like it... its just not for us and we have reasons for that...and again the thread is about Home potentially not beeing that great...

That's what I just typed/erased...because I know any second now we're all going to get accused of trolling the Sony forums.  I'm leaving because I know that I have nothing more to offer this thread.  

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
leo-j said:
@el duderino

You can watch your blu-ray movies or dvd movies that are on your ps3 with your friends in your HOME even if they live 200 miles away.

What's the point? Most peoples upstream internet is less than 256k. You can't even watch youtube quality videos with a connection that slow.

and dial-up connections wont exist in the USA after Feb 17th 2009. So oh well. So much for your argument. =P

But could the average dsl, and cable speed stream blu-ray quality? Maybe only ED at most.

sc94597 said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
leo-j said:
@el duderino

and dial-up connections wont exist in the USA after Feb 17th 2009. So oh well. So much for your argument. =P

But could the average dsl, and cable speed stream blu-ray quality? Maybe only ED at most.

average cable speed is 7mbps, so yes if the user lets it load a bit first.  DSL is around 5mbps so same thing jsut a touch longer wait.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

twesterm said:

Again, there isn't anything wrong with someone seeing the negatives in something.  I would say the say same if someone came up with perfectly valid reasons why the don't think they would not like Brawl in a thread about why they were unsure about Brawl before it was released so why would I care if someone has perfectly valid reasons for not like Home?

If you don't agree with him, make a counterpoint.  If you don't want to do that, just ignore him.  Until Home is actually released, as you said, everything (positive and negative) is all speculation. 

A definition of stealth trolling

"Usual methods include saying, or eluding to, things they know will piss a group of people off but without actually breaking any outright rules rules of the board. A lot of times these people will go out of their way to let it be known.....many, many times, to the people that what they say is "their opinion"."

If you look back to my older posts, I called him out for stealth trolling not trolling.
Yes I agree, it is his opinion and he didn't break any rules.
I'm just calling him out for being for intentionally putting down "home" or atleast being close-minded.
And I did present counterpoints did I not?

Edit: Also there is nothing wrong about seeing negatives, but completely skipping out on the positives?
That is called propaganda.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

ssj12 said:
sc94597 said:
ssj12 said:
FishyJoe said:
leo-j said:
@el duderino

average cable speed is 7mbps, so yes if the user lets it load a bit first. DSL is around 5mbps so same thing jsut a touch longer wait.

Upload? or Download? The average upload I believe is 768k.

I wasnt to sure about Home. But I'm still looking forward to seeing how it works. I think the concept sounds quite good.