By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have a bad feeling about Playstation Home

super_etecoon said:
Did you read the thread title....it says "I have a bad feeling about HOME"....not come give HOME some love or you're a troll.

Honestly a lot of stock has been put into this title/app and I'm not sure that it is a wise investment.  I'm sure it will be fun/entertaining for the core crowd for a little while...but I don't think it will be a system seller.  And from the statements made in this thread about why it will be so fun....I'm not sure it's a place I'd bother visiting.

I intend to buy a PS3...I will get LBP, FFXIII, Team Ico's game, and the next Jak/Daxter title.  But I won't bother with this. 

Yes, I read the thread title.
Hell, I even read the opening. The opening which was showing concerns about the multiple delays, Not the actual implementation of the product.

Fishy however would rather put down the product with only speculation, Especially when there is a member here in this very thread implying he has the beta who may be able to answer his speculations. Yet did he bother asking? though that was fine. That was enough to raise a red flag, but wasn't enough to force me to single him out.
It's when he started nitpicking and intentionally putting down the product  when he got to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
Mars said:
iclim4 said:

And Fishy please stop stealth trolling, atleast come in with an open mind.
Look at your posts in this thread, everything you post is negative and all you have to go by it is speculation.
If you want, ask Mars about how Home handles internet speed. He's been implying that he has the beta.

i got cable and it handles everything just fine, and not sure what they are whining about.

This query was in reference to Leo-J's comment about streaming Blu-Ray movies in your crib.

double post

i think it will come out soon enough,but i dont think people will do much with it...

super_etecoon said:
double post

There is a new 30 second gap rule for post.
Plus there is a minute difference in your post.
How did that happen? O_o

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Mars said:
iclim4 said:

Look at your posts in this thread, everything you post is negative and all you have to go by it is speculation.
If you want, ask Mars about how Home handles internet speed. He's been implying that he has the beta.

i got cable and it handles everything just fine, and not sure what they are whining about.

This query was in reference toLeo-J's comment about streaming Blu-Ray movies in your crib.

No clue.

You can watch vids that are better then standard defenition, but they arent Br quality. 

I guess if they can stream a PS3 game on to the PSP its possible but will it be full HD i dont know. 

iclim4 said:
super_etecoon said:
double post

There is a new 30 second gap rule for post.
Plus there is a minute difference in your post.
How did that happen? O_o

lol...what really happened was that I went to edit the "toLeo-J" mistake in my post...but I acidentally hit quote.  So I just ended up quoting myself.  I just erased it because I thought it would look funny.

Seeing the in depth user walkthroughs, I have a very good feeling about Home:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HjiDeGGOr6E

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

twesterm said:
iclim4 said:
Don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna make the biggest and coolest apartment, only from the free furniture available of course. =P
Well, I might spend 3 bucks max for a big screen. XD
I'll probably even stick a big VGC poster on my walls just for smiles and giggles.

1.  Negative comments aren't always trolling
  2. You know all you have to go on is speculation too right?
Alright, I'll try to be as clear as possible as my english will allow.
Examine FishyJoe's post.

FishyJoe said:
Mars said:
FishyJoe said:
Mars said:
Are you drunk or that big a troll ?

Yahh things never get delayed, its so surprising when something in the games industry gets delayed lol. We so not used to delays.

Seeing as home is up and running on my PS3, the potential for it is huge all they need to do is tie in games like GT (Kaz already said it will be) and you got instant success. Most that doubt home are ignorant about it or just simply wii/60 fanboys scared of its potential.

Theres nothing like racing GT online then arguing some dude in GT home about what just happened. i cant wait to start all the Lexus is better then BMW or Benz arguments.

So home is for bragging?

i see it as a high teck place for shiet talking, after you done back into the game and so on.I can only imagine what the clans wil do, just casue the gaem is over does not mean the fight is.

If anything, that makes it less appealing to me. I need is a room full of punk kids telling me how they pwned like a hole in the head. 

A feature that can be derived from the quotes above is that it is possible to chat with other people.
A room full of people from VGC represented by their own avatars in their own virtualspace, or how about relatives.
How about an old childhood friend who moved to a different state? Have a chat share thoughts, maybe even share LBP ideas in the near future.

Yet how did fishy respond?
"So home is for bragging?"
"If anything, that makes it less appealing to me. I need is a room full of punk kids telling me how they pwned like a hole in the head."

That would imply he is intentionally looking for negatives to put down the product.
Or atleast being close minded and refuse to see the positives.
Do you disagree? 

I'm not trying to be a smartass here. 
I respect mods in this site, and I would like fishy to show a higher standard.

Mars said:
super_etecoon said:
Mars said:
iclim4 said:

This query was in reference toLeo-J's comment about streaming Blu-Ray movies in your crib.

No clue.

You can watch vids that are better then standard defenition, but they arent Br quality.

I guess if they can stream a PS3 game on to the PSP its possible but will it be full HD i dont know.

You can watch videos, yes, but can you upload a full quality BR movie for your friends??? to watch it at the same time?? 

Or would you just upload a crappy res of the BR movie??? 

Thats the topic, most of the upstream of the users is not enough to stream a BR movie.. (Look for leos post)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."