By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I have a bad feeling about Playstation Home

FishyJoe said:
Mars said:
FishyJoe said:
So home is for bragging?

i see it as a high teck place for shiet talking, after you done back into the game and so on.

I can only imagine what the clans wil do, just casue the gaem is over does not mean the fight is.

If anything, that makes it less appealing to me. I need is a room full of punk kids telling me how they pwned like a hole in the head.

You got no friends, just pack a room full of them if you cant handle other people.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Mars said:
FishyJoe said:
So home is for bragging?

i see it as a high teck place for shiet talking, after you done back into the game and so on.

I can only imagine what the clans wil do, just casue the gaem is over does not mean the fight is.

I am quickly realizing how much I am not a hardcore gamer. You guys take this stuff way too seriously.

Oh dude you have no idea.

GT home will be full of dudes discussing how much they should drop the height of their car and best gear rations for fastest lap.

selnor said:
FishyJoe said:
leo-j said:
@el duderino

You can watch your blu-ray movies or dvd movies that are on your ps3 with your friends in your HOME even if they live 200 miles away.

You can play arcade games, chess etc..
You can live by the beach? Well thats all I know for now dude.

What's the point? Most peoples upstream internet is less than 256k. You can't even watch youtube quality videos with a connection that slow.

Well to be honest if you can afford a PS3 you can afford a higher connection than 256Kb.

Hes talking about upload. You also have to take in consideration that one person has to upload it then the other has to download it. The largest upload in the U.S is 20mbps, but that is only if you pay almost 200d/m. Most internet providers only have 756kbps/1mbps. That means that it will have to upload , then you download it too. So to watch a Blu-ray movie that has gbs of space you will have to either wait for a frame to load for a few minutes or degrade the quality to below youtube lvls, and maybe even more. 

selnor said:
FishyJoe said:
leo-j said:
@el duderino

You can watch your blu-ray movies or dvd movies that are on your ps3 with your friends in your HOME even if they live 200 miles away.

You can play arcade games, chess etc..
You can live by the beach? Well thats all I know for now dude.

What's the point? Most peoples upstream internet is less than 256k. You can't even watch youtube quality videos with a connection that slow.

Well to be honest if you can afford a PS3 you can afford a higher connection than 256Kb.

Most internet connections are like this for UPSTREAM. Downloading is faster. Unless you're willing to pay hundreds of dollars a month for a T1 line or something. 

Don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna make the biggest and coolest apartment, only from the free furniture available of course. =P
Well, I might spend 3 bucks max for a big screen. XD
I'll probably even stick a big VGC poster on my walls just for smiles and giggles.

And Fishy please stop stealth trolling, atleast come in with an open mind.
Look at your posts in this thread, everything you post is negative and all you have to go by it is speculation.
If you want, ask Mars about how Home handles internet speed. He's been implying that he has the beta.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Around the Network
iclim4 said:
Don't know about you guys, but I'm gonna make the biggest and coolest apartment, only from the free furniture available of course. =P
I'll probably even stick a big VGC poster on my walls just for smiles and giggles.

Look at your posts in this thread, everything you post is negative and all you have to go by it is speculation.
If you want, ask Mars about how Home handles internet speed. He's been implying that he has the beta.

Did you read the thread title....it says "I have a bad feeling about HOME"....not come give HOME some love or you're a troll.

Honestly a lot of stock has been put into this title/app and I'm not sure that it is a wise investment.  I'm sure it will be fun/entertaining for the core crowd for a little while...but I don't think it will be a system seller.  And from the statements made in this thread about why it will be so fun....I'm not sure it's a place I'd bother visiting.

I intend to buy a PS3...I will get LBP, FFXIII, Team Ico's game, and the next Jak/Daxter title.  But I won't bother with this. 

iclim4 said:

1.  Negative comments aren't always trolling
  2. You know all you have to go on is speculation too right?

I thought home would be a cool thing to have on the PS3, and i'm sure it still will be if it sees a release-date anytime in the next year. But i doubt that the application (and thats really all it is) will see any sort of wide-scale interest... I mean the main people that use it will be clans (like said previously) and people that... well... have nothing better to do!

I mean it should be a nice addition to the PS3's online capabilities but it is not going to be anything near as important and complex as the Sony fanboys are expecting... I don't even think Sony will recoup the dev costs of the application without having in-home advertising to cover some of the cost as i sure as hell will not be paying money to 'pimp-out' my home!

99p per song on Singstar is bad enough thank you very much!

super_etecoon said:

I intend to buy a PS3...I will get LBP, FFXIII, Team Ico's game, and the next Jak/Daxter title. But I won't bother with this.

yyahh and ?

Alot use the internet but dont use stuff like facebook youtube myspace, but you know what.  Alot of them do use it and are nuts about it.

iclim4 said:

i got cable and it handles everything just fine, and not sure what they are whining about.