By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will sales of the Scorpio take a hit?

zero129 said:
Bandorr said:

And if you went to those threads do you think you would see a certain group of people saying that power DOESN'T matter. And that 900p is as good as 1080p? I bet you would..

Yes i do not believe every Sony fan believes power matters. Im just pointing out the names of some of the ones who it did matter to, and who used the ps4 power advantage a number of times in different threads. However i fully believe that to many PS4 fans power doesnt matter.

I only posted in here because I was called out but let me set the record straight before I leave.  

You are taking things I said in other threads out of context and using them to make me look bad.  

I think power matters.  

Ps4 launched cheaper than x1 by $100 and was more powerful.  I made a big deal of that because for less Money you get more power.  

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Drakrami said:

So you think 2 years from now 8 Tflops for $399? 5 years from now 14 Tflops? You are impressive. 

Not to mention 6Tflops is equalivent to gaming pcs. How much do gaming pcs cost? 1500USD+. So you dream that Microsoft is going to package you a console equalivant to a gaming pc at $399. rofl. 

3 years ago $399= 1.8Tflops. And for $1500, 6Tflops is the biggest rip-off. Even pre-made PCs are far more powerful for $1500. But ok...

I dunno what you are smoking... a GTX 980 TI, 5.7 Tflops, costs $650 at the very least. And that's just one graphics card alone... Seems like you know very little and even too lazy to google. Why bother continue arguing? 

Fei-Hung said:
I think the name and price will be deciding factor. If it's got a new name (not Xbox One at all) and comes in at $500 it will do well like the current model.

F it`s called Xbox One something at 500 it won't do so well.

If it's between $400 and $450 it will do well like the original.

If it's called Xbox One something and it's above $500 it will do poorly.

If it's called something new and it's above $500 it will sell better than any Xbox One name bit still not great.

If they need a name with a ring to it, Then Xbox pro is that name it's a winner I tell you, a god damn stroke of genius , I'm off to trademark it now. 

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

manny10032 said:

With PS4 PRO literally 59 days away and Sony's ability to under cut the price of the PRO $50-100 in a year, do you think the Scorpio will take a hit in sales?

Sony isn't dropping the price of the Pro $100 in one year.  $50, plausible, if not guaranteed.
 They are keeping PS4 Slim on the market for low price point market.

Swordmasterman said:

Why would a company take loss on a product that is intended for the "high end user". This don't make sense for me.
 If they are willing to take a loss, this means that the Scorpio is a next gen Xbox instead of an upgraded version of the Xbox One.

Scorpio is the next gen of Xbox, it is not retaining same basic architecture as Xbone, e.g. memory, and certainly CPU will change as well>
Sony's keeping all those elements the same with simple upclock meant optimization target for devs was really just one platform.
Xbone's ESRAM approach was a dud, and they aren't going to hamstring themselves by sticking to it... Meaning it will be a new platform.

Hiku said:
barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

I doubt it, for two reasons. Because Spencer said it's a "premium console" and "It's going to be a premium price".
That to me does not sound like the standard $399.

Exactly.  MS themself loudly announced "premium price".  To then claim it is the same price as standard console is absurd.
Why would MS scare away price-conscious consumers with "premium price" talk, if they didn't plan on charging more?
If we aren't believing MS, then there isn't much to talk about re: Scorpio to begin with.

Intrinsic said:

And the Zen thing isnt even about how relevant it is. It's that they can't even if they wanted to. AMD announced or said something along the lines of not taking custom orders for Zen till 2018. So not a chance it's even going to find its way in a custom APU next year. 

Right, this isn't about price/peformance, Zen just is not available if they want to launch 2017.  Puma+ certainly looks likely, being available,
and being good on price/performance benefit, especially considering Jaguar would need even higher upclock to try to compete, impacting heat + cost.
Since they're breaking Xbone architecture with memory change, MS has no reason to stick with Jaguar (unlike Sony w/ PS4Pro, which wasn't for $ reasons), 
so I would expect Puma+ to be likely... Especially understanding that MS will aim to be able to update Scorpio like Sony did with PS4og/Pro,
retaining Jaguar for Scorpio would just create either perforance penalty or developer hassle in future, when Sony's post-Pro competition will likely go Zen.

JRPGfan said:

449-499$ is my guess (new bigger cpu/gpu inside, 4k blu-ray drive,bigger power unit, bigger cooling unit, bigger box.. ect)
And it ll go up against a 349$ (by then) PS4 pro. 
Theres gonna be a 100-150$ differnce in price between the two, when the scorpio launches.

Agreed.  And that is not even going with "high end spec" as posters like Pemalite would like to see.

Bandorr said:

A common theme coming up lately. Person a says "A lot of people have been saying/doing this".  Person B "Who?"  Person A ".....".
People trying to play the victim but when called out on it suddenly don't have an answer when asked about it.

Kerotan said:
zero129 said:

Sure your right maybe not everyone is changing their opinion on the matter but you, Karton, Ruler etc. I have no problem with pointing out how you guys opinions change a lot in line with Sony's. You where in threads praising Sony when their games where 1080P and the xb1 version was 900P.  So yes for you and "some" (But not all) other sony fans power was a a factor, but now it no longer matters.

Hey buddy,  I'd appreciate if you stopped calling me out on the site like this. I don't like people making things Personal.  If you want to take digs at me just pm me.  thanks. 

CGI-Quality said:

* Everyone *
Please do not make things personal, "call people out" (especially if they aren't even in the topic), or try to bait users into responding.

This is ridiculous.  There is no personal attacks here on somebody's character.  Posters should be able to factually refer to others' statements.
If we specifically cite Eurogamer, etc, why not specific posters?  If one expects to be taken seriously, one's post history should be able to be referenced.
I guess some people don't have the expectation to be taken seriously, but I don't see why the community discussion should be lowered to that level.
If somebody makes a claim, then that claim should be able to be responded to, and follow up from original poster is reasonable to be expected/solicited.
If you don't like that, don't post.

manny10032 said:

Reason I ask this is because the console was annopunced a YEAR AND A HALF before the supposed launch window.

With PS4 PRO literally 59 days away and Sony's ability to under cut the price of the PRO $50-100 in a year, do you think the Scorpio will take a hit in sales?

Not claminig i Know the price of the Scorpio, but almost everyone is agree ment that it wont be cheap. 

Yes Scorpio will be DOA imo.  Unless they massively overhaul the specs it will be 40% stronger than the PS4K, which is a smaller gap than the 50 - 75% advantange the PS4 has over the X1.

Not only that but by the time Scorpio launches for $500 (LOL I can build a PC as strong as the scorpio NOW for $600), the PS4K will be $299.   AND, MS is no longer making exclusives for XBOX.  This is just PS2 vs XBOX all over again.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
barneystinson69 said:

3 years ago $399= 1.8Tflops. And for $1500, 6Tflops is the biggest rip-off. Even pre-made PCs are far more powerful for $1500. But ok...

I dunno what you are smoking... a GTX 980 TI, 5.7 Tflops, costs $650 at the very least. And that's just one graphics card alone... Seems like you know very little and even too lazy to google. Why bother continue arguing? 

A stock RX 480 is capable of 5.1 Tflops and is $200. Overclock it a bit, and you can get to 6Tflops no problem. Keep in mind Microsoft is rumoured to be using Polaris, so this is likely the card they're going with. BTW, they have a year before it releases this hardware, and Microsoft probably can get a discount on mass-orders. Oops: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-RX-480-Review-Polaris-Promise

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

zero129 said:
Kerotan said:

I only posted in here because I was called out but let me set the record straight before I leave.  

You are taking things I said in other threads out of context and using them to make me look bad.  

I think power matters.  

Ps4 launched cheaper than x1 by $100 and was more powerful.  I made a big deal of that because for less Money you get more power.  

Its hard to take things out of context when the was so many times you bragged about it.

@Bolded, If you feel that them posts make you look bad now then you shouldnt of made them...

Again it's irrelevant what you said.  

I just told you the reason it was a big deal at launch was because you could buy a ps4 for $100 cheaper than x1 and it was more powerful.  

The ps4 pro is more expensive so obviously you expect a boost.  And if Scorpio is more expensive again you expect another boost in power. The issue comes when one is more expensive then the other but weaker.  

@flaming bit.  

If you're going to call me out get your facts right. It was way out of context and you on a number of occasions spelt my name wrong.  

You know, I think mis-spelling Kerotan's username really demands it's own thread...

zero129 said:
Lawlight said:

Is this guy for real? He claims that the same people who were saying power is everything are now saying otherwise. When asked if he knows for a fact that they were the same people, he ignores the whole site... while not ignoring it?!

I know there were threads about 1080p but who really said that that's why the PS4 outsold the X1 and is now saying that that power means nothing?

Sure your right maybe not everyone is changing their opinion on the matter but you, Karton, Ruler etc. I have no problem with pointing out how you guys opinions change a lot in line with Sony's. You where in threads praising Sony when their games where 1080P and the xb1 version was 900P.

So yes for you and "some" (But not all) other sony fans power was a a factor, but now it no longer matters.

- M, Carl

Mate, my reasons for the PS4 dominating were always brand and PS exclusives. I don't recall ever using power as ammo as power doesn't matter to me IRL. Even when the crushed black or lower resolution topics were flying around, I wasn't interested in those.

barneystinson69 said:
Drakrami said:

A stock RX 480 is capable of 5.1 Tflops and is $200. Overclock it a bit, and you can get to 6Tflops no problem. Keep in mind Microsoft is rumoured to be using Polaris, so this is likely the card they're going with. BTW, they have a year before it releases this hardware, and Microsoft probably can get a discount on mass-orders. Oops: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/AMD-Radeon-RX-480-Review-Polaris-Promise

Weird, Google says it's $329+.