By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will sales of the Scorpio take a hit?

Azuren said:
barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

I can honestly see them charging upwards of $600 to make the "it's a premium console" argument. 

Do you also expect 10tflops and 4k 60FPS gaming? Because for $600, oh yes that is possible.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
tokilamockingbrd said:
the highlights the main difference between PS Pro and Scorpio. Scorpio is being branded as a premium machine, the pro is just being marketed as better. The only 100 dollar difference in price point attest to this. I highly doubt scorpio will just be 100 dollars more than the cheapest option to get an xb1.

Scorpio is competing more against Steam machines than PS Pro.

The steam machines that utterly failed? A "premium" device can mean anything. And what makes you think the XB1 will be $300 next year? Probably 199-249$. People are way overestimating the price of the Scorpio, when in the truth the difference is by about 2 tflops. 1 year is a lot of time, and you can bet your ass that technology is going to get cheaper. The rate of technological advancement doubles every two years, and the pace at which things are getting more powerful is astounding (Moore's law). If the Scorpio is $500, it'll probably have 8-10tflops of power vs 6.

the actually price makes less difference than it price in comparison to the low end models. Lets say its 200 dollars more, to you and me as enthusiast it is worth it. But to a mainstream consumer they will ask so what do I get for 200 more? Better graphics? But it plays the same games right? Most people upgrade when they can no longer play the games they want. Core gamers upgrade when they feel like the are missing out on the best performance in their games.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
barneystinson69 said:

The steam machines that utterly failed? A "premium" device can mean anything. And what makes you think the XB1 will be $300 next year? Probably 199-249$. People are way overestimating the price of the Scorpio, when in the truth the difference is by about 2 tflops. 1 year is a lot of time, and you can bet your ass that technology is going to get cheaper. The rate of technological advancement doubles every two years, and the pace at which things are getting more powerful is astounding (Moore's law). If the Scorpio is $500, it'll probably have 8-10tflops of power vs 6.

the actually price makes less difference than it price in comparison to the low end models. Lets say its 200 dollars more, to you and me as enthusiast it is worth it. But to a mainstream consumer they will ask so what do I get for 200 more? Better graphics? But it plays the same games right? Most people upgrade when they can no longer play the games they want. Core gamers upgrade when they feel like the are missing out on the best performance in their games.

The point I am trying to prove is why do you think it'll be competing against steam machines, and not the PS Pro? Microsoft has stated that they're aiming for 6Tflops, and UNLESS those specs change, the price will be no more than $399.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Next year I predict $249 for X1 S and $399 for Scorpio.

Certainly MS knows price is important and may be willing to take a hit.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

PS5 is near when this thing launches

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
Azuren said:

I can honestly see them charging upwards of $600 to make the "it's a premium console" argument. 

Do you also expect 10tflops and 4k 60FPS gaming? Because for $600, oh yes that is possible.

Did you know that Microsoft launched the Xbox One for 500US$ because of the Kinect ? and despite the Teraflop difference there will be, i believe, another CPU and a 4K Blu-ray player. Because they said "Xbox One S is the only console with 4K Blu-ray player that you can get this holiday" They will probably put that on Scorpio. Power  and price don't have nothing to do with each other. Of course that they can release a very powerful console for a cheap price, but a less powerful  console can also cost  more.

Swordmasterman said:
barneystinson69 said:

Did you know that Microsoft launched the Xbox One for 500US$ because of the Kinect ? and despite the Teraflop difference there will be, i believe, another CPU and a 4K Blu-ray player. Because they said "Xbox One S is the only console with 4K Blu-ray player that you can get this holiday" They will probably put that on Scorpio. Power  and price don't have nothing to do with each other. Of course that they can release a very powerful console for a cheap price, but a less powerful  console can also cost  more.

And utterly fail as they fall behind? The XB1S is $299 (will probably be 50-100$ less by next year), and does 4k blu-ray. So that argument doesn't work.

barneystinson69 said:
Azuren said:

No, I just expect a bunch of extra stuff, like full hardware BC with OGXB and 360, and multiple HDMI in for further entertainment system control.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

barneystinson69 said:
Drakrami said:

6 teraflops for $399. Stop living in lala land. 

One year from now? So 4 Tflops for $399 for no problem, but yet this will be $600? Lol

So you think 2 years from now 8 Tflops for $399? 5 years from now 14 Tflops? You are impressive. 

Not to mention 6Tflops is equalivent to gaming pcs. How much do gaming pcs cost? 1500USD+. So you dream that Microsoft is going to package you a console equalivant to a gaming pc at $399. rofl. 

Drakrami said:
barneystinson69 said:

One year from now? So 4 Tflops for $399 for no problem, but yet this will be $600? Lol

So you think 2 years from now 8 Tflops for $399? 5 years from now 14 Tflops? You are impressive. 

Not to mention 6Tflops is equalivent to gaming pcs. How much do gaming pcs cost? 1500USD+. So you dream that Microsoft is going to package you a console equalivant to a gaming pc at $399. rofl. 

3 years ago $399= 1.8Tflops. And for $1500, 6Tflops is the biggest rip-off. Even pre-made PCs are far more powerful for $1500. But ok...