By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Slim+U4+160$headphones for 300$ Best Buy US

Intrinsic said:
LivingMetal said:

The Pro is still two months away. Just wait.

Naaa.... no need to give oneself false hope.

The Pro is new hardware, and will no doubt be in mich shorter supply than the slim. Most stores will consider it as deal enough that they even have it in stock much less bundle it with stuff? Don't see that happen. Maybe we get it with a digital game or something. But even that I don't see happenning. 

Fair Point. But if Sony is touting the PS4 Pro as a gaming machine first because of the upgrade in visuals, you'd think they would include a game with the console as a bundle. I could be wrong but that's just my speculation.

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
This deal just confirms my theory that the PS4 probably costs sony less than $200 to make right now. They could be selling that console for $250 and be making a hefty profit. Also adding to my theory that they are only selling it for $299 to offset the cost of the PS4pro for now. They are probably selling the PS4pro at a loss.

It's like the Slim at that price seems to only exist to make PS4 Pro look more appealing in comparison. I mean, it's just 100 bucks more within reach. People will pony it up.

Intrinsic said:
This deal just confirms my theory that the PS4 probably costs sony less than $200 to make right now. They could be selling that console for $250 and be making a hefty profit. Also adding to my theory that they are only selling it for $299 to offset the cost of the PS4pro for now. They are probably selling the PS4pro at a loss.

Makes sense actually... 

Intrinsic said:

That's actually a Best Buy only deal so it's not that PS4 cost less than $200, rather that Best Buy is trying to get rid of inventory that no one wants to buy and I assume it is those crappy headphones

Soonerman said:
Intrinsic said:

That's actually a Best Buy only deal so it's not that PS4 cost less than $200, rather that Best Buy is trying to get rid of inventory that no one wants to buy and I assume it is those crappy headphones

I wa sort of thinking the same thing. 

Around the Network
Soonerman said:
Intrinsic said:

But  but both  that headset and the slim isn't  even out yet how can they try too get rid it of?

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

What's this? A $60 game and $160 headphones? $220 value FOR FREE?

Hmm.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

LivingMetal said:
Soonerman said:

I wa sort of thinking the same thing. 

Nope. The deal is for the slim and the PS platinum headset. Both of which aren't even out yet.

The PS platinum headset is supposed to be the just newly announced premium PS headset. I think it was just revealed right along the PS4pro amd Slim on wednesday  

Intrinsic said:

I've had the theory since the first ever PS4. I think Sony are making $50 more on each console than people think.

The PS5 Exists. 

Here in Canada, it looks like we'll be getting an Uncharted 4 slim bundle as well as an NHL one for 380 cad. This is a pretty sweet deal for 300usd