The best is...

Soul Caliber 58 33.14%

Shenmue I/II 78 44.57%

Sonic Adventure 1/2 13 7.43%

Ecco the Dolphin 7 4.00%

Resident Evil Code Veronica 11 6.29%

Other 8 4.57%

Total:175

Due to its short lifespan, developers didn't have as much time to fully extract Dreamcast's power as they did with its 6th gen rivals, but it was still the most powerful console on the planet when it launched, and many of its games were visual marvels.

What game do you think has the best graphics on Sega's swansong console?

Around the Network

Shenmue II looks great. Unfortunately a lot of Dreamcast games don't look as good as they could because they are just simple ports from the PlayStation. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver is an example of a game that looks a lot better on the DC, though.

I thought the Gamecube was the most powerful sixth gen console.

Guess I was wrong all along.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

From memory, I recall being blown away by Ecco the Dolphin, Dead or Alive 2, and Shenmue.

Shenmue looked like complete crap last time I played it (2007), though.

hershel_layton said:
I thought the Gamecube was the most powerful sixth gen console.

Guess I was wrong all along.

Well, he said when it launched. Even ignoring that, the XBox was more powerful than the GameCube.

Around the Network

I haven't played one in years, but back in the day I remember being most wowed by Ecco the Dolphin, with its detailed textures and lifelike animals.

Ahhhh gaming before DLC, microtransactions, day one patches, season passes, full-priced day one betas, episodic releases, locked games behind expensive collectors editions, over hyped and downgraded games on launch..... Can you guys tell I miss the old days?

Jet Set Radio.

I voted Soul Caliber. Shenmue....so hard to play. I can only imagine how poorly those terrible, TERRIBLE controls have aged. Sorry. Not a fan. Those controls alone.....

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

My vote goes to Soul Calibur because it was a visually stunning launch game and actually looked much better on Dreamcast than the arcade did.