By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro is the best deal in gaming hardware

PS4 Pro is incredibly powerful for its price. It blows away any PC that can be built for $400 or even higher than that. The media has this thing again Sony, always bashing them for the smallest of problems and sometimes making problems up themselves. Like the talk about not having big AAA exclusives during holidays completely ignoring all the AAA exclusives released during the rest of the year when there were relatively few games for gamers to be excited about. Also criticising them for remasters when they have only released four of them this gen.

UHD isn't a big deal and its needlessly being made a fuss about. Suggesting XB1S as an alternative? That console is even weaker than a normal PS4, how is it a better alternative than a PS4 Pro just due to UHD? When I buy a console I care more about how powerful it is rather than what physical media it supports. That makes a difference to the gameplay experience, especially as 4K Blu Ray and a dual layer Blu Ray have enough memory capacity to hold most games. The extra memory capacity of 4K Blu Ray is not used in any game and HDR that is a feature of UHD will be added to PS4 and PS4 Pro.

I'm not buying a PS4 Pro as I already have a PS4 and I'm good with it for now but its a good option for anyone looking for a good value for money hardware or are PC gamers interested in a console. And if you have a 4K TV.

Around the Network

Why was there a need for this thread? there is like 20 already saying the same thing?

Cobretti2 said:
Why was there a need for this thread? there is like 20 already saying the same thing?

For the past year and a half we've had a million threads about 2 letters we know nothing about officially.

We can have a couple of opinion threads on PS4 pro and survive

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Cobretti2 said:

For the past year and a half we've had a million threads about 2 letters we know nothing about officially.

We can have a couple of opinion threads on PS4 pro and survive

those are just as bad lol.

And it's $50 less than I expected. It is incredible value without a doubt.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Yeah but X1 S has 4k Blu Ray and mods for old games

Yup. But I personally buy a gaming console to play games, not watch movies.

GOWTLOZ said:

PS4 Pro is incredibly powerful for its price. It blows away any PC that can be built for $400 or even higher than that. The media has this thing again Sony, always bashing them for the smallest of problems and sometimes making problems up themselves. Like the talk about not having big AAA exclusives during holidays completely ignoring all the AAA exclusives released during the rest of the year when there were relatively few games for gamers to be excited about. Also criticising them for remasters when they have only released four of them this gen.

UHD isn't a big deal and its needlessly being made a fuss about. Suggesting XB1S as an alternative? That console is even weaker than a normal PS4, how is it a better alternative than a PS4 Pro just due to UHD? When I buy a console I care more about how powerful it is rather than what physical media it supports. That makes a difference to the gameplay experience, especially as 4K Blu Ray and a dual layer Blu Ray have enough memory capacity to hold most games. The extra memory capacity of 4K Blu Ray is not used in any game and HDR that is a feature of UHD will be added to PS4 and PS4 Pro.

I'm not buying a PS4 Pro as I already have a PS4 and I'm good with it for now but its a good option for anyone looking for a good value for money hardware or are PC gamers interested in a console. And if you have a 4K TV.

It's truly amazing how many people cannot grasp the simple fact that other people may have different wants or needs from them.

You can actually build a PC with a better CPU than an OC low end jaguar and an underclocked RX480 for 400$ and if you invest a little more you get a better machine with free online, cheaper games and that can do so many more things than a console.

t0rment0r said:

Yup. But I personally buy a gaming console to play games, not watch movies.

That's my point. UHD is only used by movies not games. More processing power is used by game which the PS4 Pro has.

JWeinCom said:
GOWTLOZ said:

It's truly amazing how many people cannot grasp the simple fact that other people may have different wants or needs from them.

In that case its not an alternative system, so why are several articles comparing these two? Most of which refer to XB1S as a better deal due to UHD, while ignoring the far more power in the PS4 Pro which improves gameplay experience while UHD does not, and this is a gaming console we are talking about.