Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 Pro is the best deal in gaming hardware

t0rment0r said:

Yup. But I personally buy a gaming console to play games, not watch movies.

That's my point. UHD is only used by movies not games. More processing power is used by game which the PS4 Pro has.

JWeinCom said:
GOWTLOZ said:

PS4 Pro is incredibly powerful for its price. It blows away any PC that can be built for $400 or even higher than that. The media has this thing again Sony, always bashing them for the smallest of problems and sometimes making problems up themselves. Like the talk about not having big AAA exclusives during holidays completely ignoring all the AAA exclusives released during the rest of the year when there were relatively few games for gamers to be excited about. Also criticising them for remasters when they have only released four of them this gen.

UHD isn't a big deal and its needlessly being made a fuss about. Suggesting XB1S as an alternative? That console is even weaker than a normal PS4, how is it a better alternative than a PS4 Pro just due to UHD? When I buy a console I care more about how powerful it is rather than what physical media it supports. That makes a difference to the gameplay experience, especially as 4K Blu Ray and a dual layer Blu Ray have enough memory capacity to hold most games. The extra memory capacity of 4K Blu Ray is not used in any game and HDR that is a feature of UHD will be added to PS4 and PS4 Pro.

I'm not buying a PS4 Pro as I already have a PS4 and I'm good with it for now but its a good option for anyone looking for a good value for money hardware or are PC gamers interested in a console. And if you have a 4K TV.

It's truly amazing how many people cannot grasp the simple fact that other people may have different wants or needs from them.

In that case its not an alternative system, so why are several articles comparing these two? Most of which refer to XB1S as a better deal due to UHD, while ignoring the far more power in the PS4 Pro which improves gameplay experience while UHD does not, and this is a gaming console we are talking about.

Around the Network

This is probably because I am in a better financial position than I was when I was younger, but I personally would not have minded a third option, like PS4 Ultra, for about $200 more and 4k no question gaming, But with the PS4, PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro, market confusion would have been rampant with this fourth option, but I do still hold out hope, companies get more on board with tiered systems like this, force all games to work on the base original and then those that want their eyes to be touched gently can pay for higher end models.

Thanks jlmurph!

Cobretti2 said:
Why was there a need for this thread? there is like 20 already saying the same thing?

You are experience a rubber band effect right now.

There was good playstation news. The lack of a feature bothered some, while others were simply bothered by the good news. This caused bad playstation news.

Allt he bad playstation news and threads about "mods" and "4k players" is now causing more threads about Playstation news.

In essence if you pull a rubberband one way - it will fly the other way. Pull it that way, and it will fly back the original way.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

Personally, I will sell my normal ps4 to a buy a ps4 pro but if some people don't see the value to upgrade or if they prefer a xbox one slim because of some features then they are right too. Imho best deal in gaming hardware would be a $600 pc, more value, more options and you will save more money on steam.

Uabit said:
You can actually build a PC with a better CPU than an OC low end jaguar and an underclocked RX480 for 400$ and if you invest a little more you get a better machine with free online, cheaper games and that can do so many more things than a console.

Yeah, i have no idea why people keep thinking consoles are better then pc's for the same money. It has been like that from the start funny enough. For some reason some believe consoles are about power and not the simple convenience off plugging a box into your tv :p.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Uabit said:
You can actually build a PC with a better CPU than an OC low end jaguar and an underclocked RX480 for 400$ and if you invest a little more you get a better machine with free online, cheaper games and that can do so many more things than a console.

you cant many pc sites tried and had to admit  they cant, you also forgot the controller which is 60 bucks

I absolutely agree, I'm shocked by the amount of people on Youtube, IGN, Gamepost and other sites saying that PS4 Pro is basically an Xbox One S for higher price without UHD blu-ray... That ignorance...
3 Times more powerful GPU than X1, CPU clocked at 2.1 GHz, something that actually matters and benefits both 4K TV owners and 1080p owners, like the new Tomb Raider, hell even without 1080p ultra or 1080p 60 fps setting, 4K image upscaled from 1800p still produces much shaper and richer image on 1080p TV / monitor. You don't even need 4K screen to enjoy the benefits of the Pro, you can enjoy much sharper image on your 1080p screen (in 4K setting) and higher details if there's 1080p mode in the games, more stable frame-rate in games that had CPU bottleneck on the standard PS4...

onionberry said:
Personally, I will sell my normal ps4 to a buy a ps4 pro but if some people don't see the value to upgrade or if they prefer a xbox one slim because of some features then they are right too. Imho best deal in gaming hardware would be a $600 pc, more value, more options and you will save more money on steam.

I'm not talking about those upgarding over a PS4 or not. I'm not buying Pro. But for the hardware it packs its amazing value for money and Sony are getting hate for not having a relatively minor feature. Its not wrong to prefer a XB1S but writing articles on why XB1S is better and not mentioning Pro's perks over it is just blind fandom.

GOWTLOZ said:
onionberry said:

I'm not talking about those upgarding over a PS4 or not. I'm not buying Pro. But for the hardware it packs its amazing value for money and Sony are getting hate for not having a relatively minor feature. Its not wrong to prefer a XB1S but writing articles on why XB1S is better and not mentioning Pro's perks over it is just blind fandom.

yeah it's all about perception, I prefer performance so ps4 pro is for me, buy maybe some people want a better media device and bc so xbox on s is for them.

GOWTLOZ said:

When I buy a console I care more about how powerful it is rather than what physical media it supports. 

Does this mean you are buying a Scorpio? I really hate that name BTW. I hope they keep calling it Xbox One in any shape or form. I love calling it Xbone. 😍

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence