By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Hypocrisy and Irony of 4K Blu-ray Exclusion

This topic is flawed in that 4k blue Ray support wouldn't have made the system expensive, and there is a competitor offering the option for less. The situations are not the same.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
I would have preferred they take advantage of the "premium" title.

UHD Drive and Cell Processor for $600. This way there is a large and legitimate difference between models, but people looking to "just play games" can grab a Slim.

Why stop there? Add Vega GPU, double the RAM to 16GB DDR5, add backwards compatibility to PS3 and 2, SD card slot, NFC on controllers and the console for pairing and last but not least a nespresso machine for those long gaming sessions.

Market wise Sony did the right thing, with 2 models coming out one ia aimed at a higher resolution, the other for who is awaiting price drop, including this drive will just raise the price or post pond the project

Radek said:
jason1637 said:

Its likely less because of the lack of a 4K player.

You know what costs more than 4K Blu-Ray?

3 times more powerful GPU in PS4 Pro compared to Xbox One S for just 50$ more. Comparing 1TB Pro to 1TB Xbox One S.

Sony wanted to have the most powerful console that would cost 399$, hell old PS4 was still 399$ a year ago.

You just can't argue with the facts! 

Radek said:
jason1637 said:

Its likely less because of the lack of a 4K player.

You know what costs more than 4K Blu-Ray?

3 times more powerful GPU in PS4 Pro compared to Xbox One S for just 50$ more. Comparing 1TB Pro to 1TB Xbox One S.

Sony wanted to have the most powerful console that would cost 399$, hell old PS4 was still 399$ a year ago.

Lol were talking about the PS4 slim not pro.

Around the Network

It's just silly. Not a deal breaker. No one is gonna buy it and shit their pants because "oh no! It doesnt play 4K blu rays". It still plays any other Blu Rays. But you would think, with all the focus and, for fucks sake, you could say the whole reason the PS4 Pro exists is for its 4K output capabilities, it would have a stupid 4K blu ray player. And considering Sony has always been up to the idea of making the PS systems a media/entertainment device that they would do it.

But they didnt. That's it. Not a huge deal. It's still gonna sell a trillion units. Everyone that buys it will love it. No need to call out some silly people on a silly topic.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I say: here is a product. If you do not like it, do not buy it.
That is it, no crying required whatsoever.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Fei-Hung said:
Azuren said:
I would have preferred they take advantage of the "premium" title.

UHD Drive and Cell Processor for $600. This way there is a large and legitimate difference between models, but people looking to "just play games" can grab a Slim.

Why stop there? Add Vega GPU, double the RAM to 16GB DDR5, add backwards compatibility to PS3 and 2, SD card slot, NFC on controllers and the console for pairing and last but not least a nespresso machine for those long gaming sessions.

I don't know if I should take this seriously. Everything except that last one would be cool, but then that last one makes me thing you're being facetious.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

A lot of people bought a PS3 for a cheap Blu-ray player. Now I'm sure it'll go the other way around, Xbone S for a cheap 4K Blu-ray player.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Kerotan said:
All this week's meltdown proved is there are a ton of people who've been hiding in the long grass waiting for an excuse to have a proper good go at Sony.

Everything you say is true. But there are more things to add to it.

Where were all these haters when the Wii and 360 didn't receive a built in blu ray.

Where will they be if the NX doesn't have a uhd Blu-ray player or maybe not even a standard one.

This will pass, and Sony will move on. Mark my words. Ps4 will pass 70m units sold at some point in 2017. I think that will answer the critics. This whole drama ain't gonna slow down the ps4.

You are comparing apples and orangese. Sony practically invented BluRay. They even bribed big studios in the end with big cash to ensure they moved over to BluRay to kill HD DVD.

BluRay is Sony's baby effectively. People have grown to associate BluRay with Playstation.

So what I am saying is I can understand why people are complaining. Persoally i think it is too early as 4K tvs are not mainstream yet, however I do not need to make rebuttle threads all over the internet to try an attack because some people made the decision to be dissapointed.