By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4Pro was made to compete with PC - Sony Exec.

Tagged games:

Game_God said:
ICStats said:

Again... he's not saying it's to appeal to every PC gamer, but to those who contribute to a mid-generation slump.  lawl indeed at all the strawman arguments.  Reasons to own a PC are not up for debate.  It's also OK to own both a PC and a console, and game on the one that gives you the better experience.

The only thing up for debate about what the Sony exec has said is wether or not Sony's data showing there is a mid-generation slump due to graphics quality is correct.

The PS4 Pro also is of course coming out with PSVR.... and will be competing with PC VR rigs, where 4 TFLOP is considered minimum for PC VR.

The only argument Sony provided is "look power & kinda 4K", which can even compete with PC, if you had the other benefits of PC, I can only laugh at comedy PR saying "we compete with PC", if you want I can indulge you, yes Sony is competing with PC & they are losing on all fronts!!!

they are? really? I could have sworn that ps4 has kepted selling way more than pc parts do, also I could have sworn that games make most of their profits on consoles(ps4 the most). I also thought the price to performance is also way in favor to the ps4. Or is loosing on all front only mean what you value like raw power? Something only a handfull of rigs can actually do. Cuz if so, the regular ps4 matches the majority of pc gamers acording to steam. WHy dont you tell me theese fronts you speak off.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
ICStats said:
Captain_Yuri said:

And I do agree that doesn't certainly aren't very detailed but these are developers. I highly doubt they will put more graphical enhancements than the PC version on to what is essentially a free patch to the game. If it was a remastered version specifically for the Ps4Pro, I can understand but a free patch? Idk dude.

True true, but RoTR has a metric shit ton of tunable graphical options built in.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-graphics-and-performance-guide

True dat. Shows that they actually put some effort into the PC port instead of MS's other attempts like Quantum Break.

I am getting a Ps4Pro one way or another so if it does turn out to be better than the PC version at 1080p 45+ fps, I will be a very excited consumer. If not, I will still be a very excited consumer as I play Ps4 Exclusive games at @_@ graphics.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

eva01beserk said:
Game_God said:

The only argument Sony provided is "look power & kinda 4K", which can even compete with PC, if you had the other benefits of PC, I can only laugh at comedy PR saying "we compete with PC", if you want I can indulge you, yes Sony is competing with PC & they are losing on all fronts!!!

they are? really? I could have sworn that ps4 has kepted selling way more than pc parts do, also I could have sworn that games make most of their profits on consoles(ps4 the most). I also thought the price to performance is also way in favor to the ps4. Or is loosing on all front only mean what you value like raw power? Something only a handfull of rigs can actually do. Cuz if so, the regular ps4 matches the majority of pc gamers acording to steam. WHy dont you tell me theese fronts you speak off.

PC has just been doing too much winnning.

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/sales-of-desktop-graphics-cards-hit-10-year-low-in-q2-2015/

"Shipments of discrete graphics adapters for desktops dropped to 9.4 million units in Q2 2015, which is minimum amount in more than ten years. According to JPR, sales of graphics cards dropped 16.81 per cent compared to the previous quarter, whereas sales of desktop PCs decreased 14.77 per cent. The attach rate of add-in graphics boards (AIBs) to desktop PCs has declined from a high of 63 per cent in Q1 2008 to 37 per cent this quarter. Average sales of graphics cards have been around 15 million units per quarter in the recent years, but declined sharply in 2014."

Huh, you don't suppose that the launch of PS4 and XB1 at the end of 2013 could have contributed to the decline from 15 million units to 9.4 million units per quarter?

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:
eva01beserk said:

http://www.kitguru.net/components/graphic-cards/anton-shilov/sales-of-desktop-graphics-cards-hit-10-year-low-in-q2-2015/

"Shipments of discrete graphics adapters for desktops dropped to 9.4 million units in Q2 2015, which is minimum amount in more than ten years. According to JPR, sales of graphics cards dropped 16.81 per cent compared to the previous quarter, whereas sales of desktop PCs decreased 14.77 per cent. The attach rate of add-in graphics boards (AIBs) to desktop PCs has declined from a high of 63 per cent in Q1 2008 to 37 per cent this quarter. Average sales of graphics cards have been around 15 million units per quarter in the recent years, but declined sharply in 2014."

Huh, you don't suppose that the launch of PS4 and XB1 at the end of 2013 could have contributed to the decline from 15 million units to 9.4 million units per quarter?

Is this supposed to be saying that PC gaming is on the decline or something?. odd how we're just now getting these recent result pulls for different pieces of hardware related to PC gaming since the final showing of the PS4P.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

zero129 said:
Phronesis said:

PC Gamers really want us to believe they can play 4K @ 60fps on their machines?

This is all a myth that PC Gamers tell themselves while playing bugged versions, like most titles from Warner Bros and Ubisoft, where consoles runs very well.

PS4 Pro runs games at 4k 30fps. PCs gamers don't do this, unless you paid for a REALLY expensive machine.

PS4 Pro runs at 1080@60fps just fine with better graphics and VR. Also, very good exclusives.

However, I criticize Sony because they are only focusing on specs, which is secondary. They need to embrace the real advantages of PC: free online, mods, cheaper games. And they made a very bad move on mods for Skyrim this week.

What pc gamers in this thread are claiming they game in 4k@60fps? (Maybe CGI can i dont know lol xD)

Also PS4pro Upscales to 4K, Good job doing what you claimed PC gamers where doing .

I agree with you about the free online, mods etc etc. This is something consoles really need to embrace more.

In the PS4Pro's defense, it at least isn't doing so from 1080p. I think we can all agree that is a step in a good direction.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I've been a PS player since 1998 and was absolutely ready to pick this up, but they made some really questionable choices with the Pro. No 4k Blu-ray is just downright stupid, $15 upgrade cost on the manufacturing side? No brainer, what the hell are they thinking? Streaming 4k will always have artifacting, regardless of internet speeds, it's their own tech... Idiots. Don't care about mods personally, i doubt God of War or Uncharted will have a modding community. By the time mods are out for something like Fallout, I've already put in a hundred hours and I'm done. 

As for Scorpio, does any one think Microsoft can sell it for less than $500? And the Rift will still cost another $600 so for VR that's still $300 plus more.. I don't know. Probably still getting one.

Btw, what rig are the gamers using to play 4k at 60fps? I bet it's pretty hot...

BraLoD said:
Azuren said:

In the PS4Pro's defense, it at least isn't doing so from 1080p. I think we can all agree that is a step in a good direction.

There will also be native 4K game, not only upscaled.

The PS4P should technically be able to play at native 4K, but I don't think devs see any incentive to push it all the way there since these patches are just extra work that they didn't have to do before.

Chazore said:
ICStats said:

Is this supposed to be saying that PC gaming is on the decline or something?. odd how we're just now getting these recent result pulls for different pieces of hardware related to PC gaming since the final showing of the PS4P.

The article linked is from august 2015...

Hynad said:
Chazore said:

The article linked is from august 2015...

Which was last year...

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"