By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4Pro was made to compete with PC - Sony Exec.

Tagged games:

Captain_Yuri said:

You do realize that a $250 1060 beats the Pro handly right? Its not exactly hard to Google and look at the performance numbers and see that the ps4Pro is compromising even at 1080p where as with PC, you get maxed settings, 1080p, 60fps. And those looking to upgrade knows about the PC prices as well as the performance numbers.mpare the MSRP.

What do you mean compromised on PS4 Pro?  I don't expect 1060 to match, let alone beat the PS4 Pro in graphics performance, not only on raw specs but also because console specific optimization always get more out of the hardware pound for pound.

Of course, if the game is CPU bound to achieve those higher settings then it will be beaten by a lot of PC CPUs (which also cost $$$).

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
ICStats said:
Captain_Yuri said:

You do realize that a $250 1060 beats the Pro handly right? Its not exactly hard to Google and look at the performance numbers and see that the ps4Pro is compromising even at 1080p where as with PC, you get maxed settings, 1080p, 60fps. And those looking to upgrade knows about the PC prices as well as the performance numbers.mpare the MSRP.

What do you mean compromised on PS4 Pro?  I don't expect 1060 to match, let alone beat the PS4 Pro not only on raw specs but also because console specific optimization always get more out of the hardware pound for pound.

As in like with the PS4Pro, you have to choose between 1080p 30fps max settings, 1080p 45+ fps lower than max settings or 4k upscaled 30fps near ps4 settings.

And if thats the case, then why is there no option for 1080p 60fps max settings for RoTR?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
ICStats said:

What do you mean compromised on PS4 Pro?  I don't expect 1060 to match, let alone beat the PS4 Pro not only on raw specs but also because console specific optimization always get more out of the hardware pound for pound.

As in like with the PS4Pro, you have to choose between 1080p 30fps max settings, 1080p 45+ fps lower than max settings or 4k upscaled 30fps near ps4 settings.

And if thats the case, then why is there no option for 1080p 60fps max settings for RoTR?

I'm not sure what conclusions you can draw based on soft descriptions of the quality settings actually used.

The 1060 achieves 60fps on "Very High" setting, not on max settings.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-pascal,4679-5.html

This article shows how much more punishing RoTR can be on "all max" settings, worse than half the frame rate of "Very High".

http://in2gpu.com/2016/04/12/rise-tomb-raider-performance-guide-updated/

We've no idea what setting mix of effects and antialiasing RoTR's "enhanced graphics" mode uses... it could be either more or less than PC's "Very High" preset.

My 8th gen collection

RolStoppable said:

PS4 Pro wasn't made to compete with PC in a specs race, but to keep people away from real PC gaming. At this point in time PlayStation isn't much more than casual PC gaming, but for marketing purposes it's obviously pitched as something that supposedly makes people hardcore gamers.

Yeah, I always had the impression that real dedicated PC gamers love to build their own PC.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

ICStats said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I'm not sure what conclusions you can draw based on soft descriptions of the quality settings actually used.

The 1060 achieves 60fps on "Very High" setting, not on max settings.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-pascal,4679-5.html

This article shows how much more punishing RoTR can be on "all max" settings, worse than half the frame rate of "Very High".

http://in2gpu.com/2016/04/12/rise-tomb-raider-performance-guide-updated/

We've no idea what setting mix of effects and antialiasing RoTR's "enhanced graphics" mode uses... it could be either more or less than PC's "Very High" preset.

Well by "Max," it obviously means max pre-defined presets since "custom max" has settings that uses textures well beyond 1080p as well as many other settings. Thats why virtually no one benchmarks it at Custom Max settings. All the benchmarks I have shown are the very high presets...

And I do agree that it certainly isn't very detailed but these are developers. I highly doubt they will put more graphical enhancements than the PC version on to what is essentially a free patch to the game. If it was a remastered version specifically for the Ps4Pro, I can understand but a free patch? Idk dude. 

Also we have had many games where the 970 beat the ps4 in both graphics and performance. I am sure someone said back in the day that the ps4 will beat the 970 and in some rare games, it does but in most of the games, the 970 beats it.

But hey, if I am wrong and the comparisons say that the PS4Pro uses More than the pre-defined PC Preset Max settings for RoTR at 1080p 45 fps+, then you can quote me and say, "I told u so hoe." And I shall apologize. Just be sure to message me so I don't miss it. And if I am right, don't worry about it.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I think this will be the same as the begining of the 8th gen. People will keep complaining of how underpower the console is, then it sets sales records and does ecxactly what it was meant to do, this time wich is keep current owners from upgrading to pc, then people will keep minimizing the achivements with wierd questions as"why is it selling so much" "pc has had 4k for so long and ps4p is so late to the party" "this dosent even havea 4k bluray" I mean its just ridiculous.

This year ps4p will sell really well and keep selling well until scorpio comes out. By then the lead will probably be to big for xbox to really fight back, and both xbox and ps will steal a lot of the low to mid spec pc players who dont have rigs of over $700.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Captain_Yuri said:

Also we have had many games where the 970 beat the ps4 in both graphics and performance. I am sure someone said back in the day that the ps4 will beat the 970 and in some rare games, it does but in most of the games, the 970 beats it.

Someone said the GTX 970 (3.5 TFLOP GPU) would be worse than a PS4 (1.8 TFLOP GPU)?

My 8th gen collection

S.T.A.G.E. said:
LOL While doing that Sony opened for the door for Microsoft to 1up them on the way to trying to stop their gamers from jumping ship to PC. There is no stopping that. Ill be picking up the scorpio.

How is MS 1uping them?

ICStats said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Someone said the GTX 970 (3.5 TFLOP GPU) would be worse than a PS4 (1.8 TFLOP GPU)?

Yes

Captain_Yuri said:

And I do agree that doesn't certainly aren't very detailed but these are developers. I highly doubt they will put more graphical enhancements than the PC version on to what is essentially a free patch to the game. If it was a remastered version specifically for the Ps4Pro, I can understand but a free patch? Idk dude.

True true, but RoTR has a metric shit ton of tunable graphical options built in.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-graphics-and-performance-guide

My 8th gen collection