By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - August 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software estimates up!

Tagtag.

Around the Network

Xbox taking back that throne baby!

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Yeah! Just like Napoleons return to power!

Sorry,  that joke just fits way too well to pass up.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

UltimateGamer1982 said:

More like keeping iy warm...... let's see how septembers NPD will be, then October, then Nov........ you get the point. 

I think Aqua is waiting for the official NPD chart release, on Monday (or in 2 Mondays? Cant remember). If not... I hope the best for her

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

Any GAF leaks?

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Yes indeed. Worldwide in the US for 2 months straight with a pricedrop and new model released. We already have a 7k lead confirmed for last month, maybe combined with august the Xone will close the gap by a staggering 10k. My gosh, it seems that the 4k blu-ray player is flying of the shelves at a slightly faster than slow pace!

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Amazon gets it right again, but damn it was close. Xb oneS at 23 and PS4 CoD bundle at 25.

I wonder if the NPD gap will be as close.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Aquamarine, where are you?

binary solo said:
Amazon gets it right again, but damn it was close. Xb oneS at 23 and PS4 CoD bundle at 25.

I wonder if the NPD gap will be as close.

Well, this month also included preorders for the Slim, as well.  However, given that the XBO is less than 300K, I imagine the gap is something like 75K-100K.  Less than 300K is already disappointing, but if the gap is also less than 50K, that would be a disaster.