By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tomb Raider PS4 Pro vs PC highest Settings

CGI-Quality said:
contestgamer said:

How not? I think its pretty clear.

PS4 = $400 + $1800 (30 games) = $2,200

PC = ~$1,500 (games are available at no cost)

So your $400 box ends up costing much more over the long run than the PC.

So, ultimately what you're saying is as long as you pirate, game sales shouldn't count towards the cost of the device.

Can we ban pirates?

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

Gotta say that is very impressive for the price I mean @ €399 it's cheaper than the launch price of all the Eight gen systems and giving 4teraflops of power, that is some amount of bang for your buck.

Think about it like that you are getting a rate of over 1teraflop per $100 spent here.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Bandorr said:
Azuren said:

Can we ban pirates?

But who will swab the poop decks and plunder the booty? This website needs a good booty plundering.

BraLOD.

deskpro2k3 said:
The background looks less blurry on the PS Quad Pro

That's just the DoF, it's cranked up to max on the PC version.

Azuren said:
CGI-Quality said:

So, ultimately what you're saying is as long as you pirate, game sales shouldn't count towards the cost of the device.

Can we ban pirates?

I see how it is

It would be funny if I had my old username

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
For those of you saying no difference, you're either deliberately ignoring them or aren't opening them up in bigger sizes. The differences are immediate.

While the difference is immediate, I wouldn't say it's worth $1100+

CGI-Quality said:
For those of you saying no difference, you're either deliberately ignoring them or aren't opening them up in bigger sizes. The differences are immediate.

PC is better but the shadows in Lara's armpit are godawful in both.

CGI-Quality said:

So, on what screen size would those differences be immediate?

So this game is upscaled as well?

For a machine marketed as a 4K device, it surprisingly has a lack of 4K content.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

CGI-Quality said:

PC is sharper as it is native and the Ps4pro looks upscaled from a higher resolution than 1080p I think. Textures are a bit higher on the PC as well. I do prefer the lighting on the Ps4pro though, it looks more realistic(on Lara's face and eyes) than the one on the PC.