By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why does Canival games keeps on selling so good?

i have no idea why this game keeps selling i wish that game would just die already

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
I'm going to go with...

It's a good game in a genre that dosen't know how to be reviewed by reviewers.

This man speaks the truth. I love when people try to rationalize why a "bad" game won't stop selling. The answer is that the game is good, and just not for you.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:
Kasz216 said:
I'm going to go with...

It's a good game in a genre that dosen't know how to be reviewed by reviewers.

This man speaks the truth. I love when people try to rationalize why a "bad" game won't stop selling. The answer is that the game is good, and just not for you.

It depends on why the game is reviewed as 'bad'. If some review called the game bad for "lack of storyline" or "too easy", then clearly they don't know how to review a casual game.

Having played some of the mini-games myself, I can honestly say that the BIGGEST reason why I would call Carnival game a "bad game" is the fact that some control scheme just failed to perform up to standard. Some of them are just downright BAD.

I don't care if it's a casual game, if it won't do what I want it to do (what it SHOULD do), it's a bad game regardless. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

A few notes on Carnival Games

It is still selling for $40 (USD). For a system with a lot of $20 shovelware, this is not a "cheap" game.

It is bundled in some places though -- Office Depot for example -- which can lift sales.

It is also one of the few third-party titles with healthy advertising. People see it appears to be fun to play and ask for it buy name. It was also in short supply for a while after its debut, making it a "must have" item.

Some of the games are "spot on" while others are "not so hot" in their control mechanisms. Though I will say that with a little work, almost all the games are playable.

Plus, if you go to a carnival and want to spend money at the midway because the games seem so easy ... having this title will save you some coin.

I have a lot of Wii games -- including many a mini-game collection. This is no where near the worst game out there.

So those of you who would love to dismiss Carnival Games so you can play GTA IV -- remember without this title, 2K's financial picture may have forced it to do things very differently.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Its getting awful close to Bioshocks LTD lol. Take 2 must be like WTF!?

But honestly? Its because the casual gamers that 360 and PS3 fans spent all last year claiming wouldnt ever buy any games, and would just get tired of Wiisports then put the console in the closet started to BUY GAMES. Its funny, because those people swore the casuals wouldnt stay interested, now Carnival Games and Mario Party 8, Mario&Sonic as well as stuff like Lego Star wars (also just passed a million sold) are burning up the sales charts and they are now in THIS THREAD crying foul about how they wish these games would stop selling.

LOL IMO.

Around the Network

Because we are stuffy elitists who spend our time on emssageboards looking down on these people and insulting them whil they enjoy the games they like to play.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Because it's the cinnamon sugar swirls in every bite?

Obviously there are people who either find it fun to play or who have children that may enjoy it. It doesn't look like something that I would care to play much and probably the same for you, but we are far from the majority.
That's about all I can think of as reasons right now.

Because is fun.

Xyrax said:

Its getting awful close to Bioshocks LTD lol. Take 2 must be like WTF!?

But honestly? Its because the casual gamers that 360 and PS3 fans spent all last year claiming wouldnt ever buy any games, and would just get tired of Wiisports then put the console in the closet started to BUY GAMES. Its funny, because those people swore the casuals wouldnt stay interested, now Carnival Games and Mario Party 8, Mario&Sonic as well as stuff like Lego Star wars (also just passed a million sold) are burning up the sales charts and they are now in THIS THREAD crying foul about how they wish these games would stop selling.

LOL IMO.

I think you are missing a very important point. The same people who have sworn the casuals wouldn't stay interested, STILL won't buy those games. there are just more casual gamer buying Wii and trying out the game.

In fact, Carnvial game is an oddity, considering other games (third party games) still don't sell well.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

It's fun and absolutely genius in it's simplicity. You get 25 mini-games, but because they are all from a carnival, and on Wii, anyone and everyone immediately 'gets it', they know the included games immediately, can see the fun in it, and feels confident they know what it plays like and it seems like good value since there's so many mini-games (compared to Game Party, Playground, etc.)