By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New Horizon - Zero Dawn Footage

BraLoD said:
Mike_L said:

Bold: But that is what pisses me off the most

VGC didn't use to be like this. People entering threads only to troll and without any interest in the subject at hand used to be moderated.

Ever since I'm here it's pretty much like this.
If that's not enough, they start making their own threads to try to spread it.

Nothing new here.

Can't put everyone in the same basket, tho, people can and should have questions, doubts and concerns, it only becomes a problem when they get things presented to them and still keep it up.

You can know if someone is being honest or flaming/trolling by a mile if you pay attention to their posts style, tho.

So which basket am I in then?

Around the Network
Mike_L said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Let them do it, they aren't going to buy them anyways and those who have a PS4 and are interested will probably not listen to them xD

VGC didn't use to be like this. People entering threads only to troll and without any interest in the subject at hand used to be moderated.

Its his opinion even though he clearly denies everything stated about the game by anyone who has played it and the devs themselves, but why does it matter if he doesn't buy it? There are many who will and as long as the game is a success its all good.

But questioning whether its open world even though its confirmed to be so, that is going a bit too far. Devs don't lie about this stuff, especially a reputed dev like Guerilla Games.

GOWTLOZ said:
Mike_L said:

Its his opinion even though he clearly denies everything stated about the game by anyone who has played it and the devs themselves, but why does it matter if he doesn't buy it? There are many who will and as long as the game is a success its all good.

But questioning whether its open world even though its confirmed to be so, that is going a bit too far. Devs don't lie about this stuff, especially a reputed dev like Guerilla Games.

Not sure if you are talking about me, but I dont question if its open world or not. It looks like it is from the footage, so I would say it is open world. I just hope its more of a Fallout 4 open world than a Mafia 2 one.

BraLoD said:
Mike_L said:

1: Ever since I'm here it's pretty much like this.
If that's not enough, they start making their own threads to try to spread it.

Nothing new here.

2: Can't put everyone in the same basket, tho, people can and should have questions, doubts and concerns, it only becomes a problem when they get things presented to them and still keep it up.

3: You can know if someone is being honest or flaming/trolling by a mile if you pay attention to their posts style, tho.

1: It hasn't been like this since I joined. I woldn't have joined if it was.

2: No you're right. And I'm sorry for the instances where I forgot to write "some". Not all pro Nintendo users and mods meet in Skype group calls planning their next act. Only "some".

3: See that's the problem. The ones clearly trolling aren't moderated anymore. Nowadays you'll see a lot of users who aren't the slightest interested in the game or topic at hand but still feel the need to enter the thread and talk trash. Nowadays any hope of constructive on topic discussion is gone immediately.

KLXVER said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Not sure if you are talking about me, but I dont question if its open world or not. It looks like it is from the footage, so I would say it is open world. I just hope its more of a Fallout 4 open world than a Mafia 2 one.

The footage of the game makes it look like Witcher 3 open world, in what way does it look like Mafia 2 kind of open world? Also you said that not enough RPG elements have been shown, but the game has crafting system, skill trees and quests.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
No.

KLXVER said:
Mike_L said:

Yup.

I really hope NX is successful or else this constant trolling of everything PS will be even crazier.

Dont play that card and assume that we are bitter about the WiiU just because some of us arent already calling this game a masterpiece. Im not saying the game will be bad, I just question the RPG aspect of the game.

It is pretty obvious that there is a huge chip on the Nintendo fans shoulders.... I am an Xbox gamer mainly but if I wanted one fame on my platform that is exclusive to another console, it would be Horizon. 

Both Xbox and PS threads are getting hit by this insecurity of Nintendo hardcore fans and it is not pleasant. Why don't you start a few threads about the NX and what games will be rereleased and stay there instead of combing through games not on a Nintendo console only to shit on other peoples excitement? 

It has gone far beyond what should have been tolerated and I don't know why mods have a soft touch for trolling when it is a Nintendo fan that is the culprit. 

No doubt CGI will take this opportunity to ban me but it needed to be said. 

User was warned for this post ~ CGI

I see, the console war still childish as ever

GOWTLOZ said:
KLXVER said:

The footage of the game makes it look like Witcher 3 open world, in what way does it look like Mafia 2 kind of open world? Also you said that not enough RPG elements have been shown, but the game has crafting system, skill trees and quests.

Im saying that I hope its more like Fallout 4 in that the world is there for you to explore and do as you please. Find stuff to upgrade your items, explore buildings and caves for "treasure", tackle the story in what order you want etc...  

Unlike in Mafia 2 where its just there as a backdrop to the story.

KLXVER said:

Im saying that I hope its more like Fallout 4 in that the world is there for you to explore and do as you please. Find stuff to upgrade your items, explore buildings and caves for "treasure", tackle the story in what order you want etc...  

Unlike in Mafia 2 where its just there as a backdrop to the story.

You won't be able to tackle the story in whatever order you want. That would be silly.

The PS5 Exists. 

Xbrah said:
Bristow9091 said:
No.

KLXVER said:

Dont play that card and assume that we are bitter about the WiiU just because some of us arent already calling this game a masterpiece. Im not saying the game will be bad, I just question the RPG aspect of the game.

It is pretty obvious that there is a huge chip on the Nintendo fans shoulders.... I am an Xbox gamer mainly but if I wanted one fame on my platform that is exclusive to another console, it would be Horizon. 

Both Xbox and PS threads are getting hit by this insecurity of Nintendo hardcore fans and it is not pleasant. Why don't you start a few threads about the NX and what games will be rereleased and stay there instead of combing through games not on a Nintendo console only to shit on other peoples excitement? 

It has gone far beyond what should have been tolerated and I don't know why mods have a soft touch for trolling when it is a Nintendo fan that is the culprit. 

No doubt CGI will take this opportunity to ban me but it needed to be said. 

Because I own a PS4 and love it. I want to know why people are so excited about this game because I am obviously missing something. I just question some things about the game. If that makes me a bitter WiiU lover with no life, then so be it.