By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New Horizon - Zero Dawn Footage

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

I disagree. The Witcher looks to have way more variety.

We just saw one area of Horizon, don't make judgements because you saw the whole thing.
The point is, it'll ultimately be played more like The Witcher than Monster Hunter.

There is nothing that points it being a monster hunting game.

I wouldnt have to make judgments if they actually showed us what their game offers. To me it looks nothing like The Witcher.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

I disagree. The Witcher looks to have way more variety.

You complain they haven't shown us enough and then state The Witcher has more variety. How do you know if 'they haven't showed us enough'?

I'm done here anyway. I hate discussing Sony exclusives, it gets really boring.

Thats my fear. They dont show us because its not really there.

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

I wouldnt have to make judgments if they actually showed us what their game offers. To me it looks nothing like The Witcher.

They are showing what the game offers, just not many areas up until now.

It's definitely more resembling to The Witcher than Monster Hunter, though.

I guess we`ll have to agree to disagree on that one then.

KLXVER said:
BraLoD said:

They are showing what the game offers, just not many areas up until now.

It's definitely more resembling to The Witcher than Monster Hunter, though.

KEY FEATURES:

• A Lush Post-Apocalyptic World – How have machines come to dominate this world, and what is their purpose? What happened to the civilization here before? Scour every corner of a realm filled with ancient relics and mysterious buildings in order to uncover your past and unearth the many secrets of a forgotten land.
  • Nature and Machines Collide – Horizon Zero Dawn juxtaposes two contrasting elements, taking a vibrant world rich with beautiful nature and filling it with awe-inspiring highly advanced technology. This marriage creates a dynamic combination for both exploration and gameplay.
  • Defy Overwhelming Odds – The foundation of combat in Horizon Zero Dawn is built upon the speed and cunning of Aloy versus the raw strength and size of the machines. In order to overcome a much larger and technologically superior enemy, Aloy must use every ounce of her knowledge, intelligence, and agility to survive each encounter.
  • Cutting Edge Open World Tech: Stunningly detailed forests, imposing mountains, and atmospheric ruins of a bygone civilization meld together in a landscape that is alive with changing weather and a day/night cycle.

The PS5 Exists. 

sGribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

KEY FEATURES:

• A Lush Post-Apocalyptic World – How have machines come to dominate this world, and what is their purpose? What happened to the civilization here before? Scour every corner of a realm filled with ancient relics and mysterious buildings in order to uncover your past and unearth the many secrets of a forgotten land.
  • Nature and Machines Collide – Horizon Zero Dawn juxtaposes two contrasting elements, taking a vibrant world rich with beautiful nature and filling it with awe-inspiring highly advanced technology. This marriage creates a dynamic combination for both exploration and gameplay.
  • Defy Overwhelming Odds – The foundation of combat in Horizon Zero Dawn is built upon the speed and cunning of Aloy versus the raw strength and size of the machines. In order to overcome a much larger and technologically superior enemy, Aloy must use every ounce of her knowledge, intelligence, and agility to survive each encounter.
  • Cutting Edge Open World Tech: Stunningly detailed forests, imposing mountains, and atmospheric ruins of a bygone civilization meld together in a landscape that is alive with changing weather and a day/night cycle.

I dont even know how to respond to that. I have seen that it has georgeous graphics and Ive seen the fighting mechanics. Now I just need to see the other aspects they are promising.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
pokoko said:

Explore?  Nope, nothing to explore here.

Will we have access to the destroyed cities?

According to publications that have spoken with the developers.

"When it comes to this world, we've apparently not seen anything yet, either. Guerrilla has revealed that there will be ancient cities to explore and vast old remains of previous civilisations. We've only encountered small settlements so far, but in her quest to find the answers of her heritage, Aloy will explore enormous areas that once belonged to her original non-robot hunting ancestors. The studio is remaining tight lipped on details but says some of these will be tied into the narrative, others will just be uncovered through exploration. "  http://www.gamesradar.com/horizon-zero-dawns-world-is-bigger-than-we-ever-imagined/

KLXVER said:
pokoko said:

Explore?  Nope, nothing to explore here.

Sure you can go around and look at stuff. Thats really true for most games though.

Hence the "video" part of "videogames," yes.  I don't even know what point you're trying to make.  This is a game that releases next year.  If it's right before launch and they've shown no other environments then you might have something to work with but, right now, they've only shown early, non-spoiler parts of the game, which is pretty much standard.  Zelda is doing the exact same thing.

pokoko said:
KLXVER said:

Sure you can go around and look at stuff. Thats really true for most games though.

Hence the "video" part of "videogames," yes.  I don't even know what point you're trying to make.  This is a game that releases next year.  If it's right before launch and they've shown no other environments then you might have something to work with but, right now, they've only shown early, non-spoiler parts of the game, which is pretty much standard.  Zelda is doing the exact same thing.

The only point I was trying to make is that the game doesnt seem to have much depth based on the videos. We know what to expect from Zelda. Horizon is a new IP, so it seems weird not to show more of what the game has to offer to me.

But you are right, Ill wait until its close to launch before expressing my worries.

Looks very much like Far Cry: Primal. And yes, that game is a lot about hunting animals.

The Xbox would need this tipe of exclusive I fink to remain competitive.

onionberry said:
looks really good but I wanna see different environments and type of side quests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkg5UVTsKCE

there are different locations/enviroments, forests, deserts, valley's, small tribal towns, large tribal towns, snowy mountains and old anceint cities over come by nature. the gameplay was part of a side quest. 

BraLoD said:
GribbleGrunger said:

We know it has quests, side quests, tasks, tasks you create yourself, dialogue trees, hunting, gathering, crafting, upgrading for weapons and clothing, tactical fighting, bosses, climbing, running, riding, story, mythology and huge open world environments.

That we still don't know.
The part we saw has quite a nice size, but we don't know how the world is ultimately constructed. Or do we?

one big seemless open world. dev said so.