By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New Horizon - Zero Dawn Footage

KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Can you please explain what you mean by exploring because I'm scratching my head here. The Witcher is about doing side quests, main quests and killing monsters, but if you really want to you can 'explore' and not bother doing any of the above. Exploration to me is just enjoying the environments and seeking out the interesting sights. I did that in the Witcher 3 and I'll be doing that in this game too. What game has ever promoted itself by showcasing the player doing nothing but pottering around? Simple showing the game mechanics in the locations showcases the potential exploration ...

Please, I'm lost.

Well in The Witcher 3 you can talk yourself out of trouble or you can talk people into giving you information or items. Seems like you can explore the enviorment to find people or items to help you on your journey. Ive seen nothing like that in this game.

This definition of exploration...

Around the Network
Ataraxias said:
KLXVER said:

Well in The Witcher 3 you can talk yourself out of trouble or you can talk people into giving you information or items. Seems like you can explore the enviorment to find people or items to help you on your journey. Ive seen nothing like that in this game.

This definition of exploration...

Well its two reasons to explore.

KLXVER said:

Yes, thats the story. I never questioned the story.

We know it has quests, side quests, tasks, tasks you create yourself, dialogue trees, hunting, gathering, crafting, upgrading for weapons and clothing, tactical fighting, bosses, climbing, running, riding, story, mythology and huge open world environments.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

Yes, thats the story. I never questioned the story.

We know it has quests, side quests, tasks, tasks you create yourself, dialogue trees, hunting, gathering, crafting, upgrading for weapons and clothing, tactical fighting, bosses, climbing, running, riding, story, mythology and huge open world environments.

So its basically Monster Hunter. Fair enough. I just wanted to know if this game was for me.

BraLoD said:

That we still don't know.
The part we saw has quite a nice size, but we don't know how the world is ultimately constructed. Or do we?

That's just the starting area for tutorial purposes, it opens up even more as you progress through the story. You can actual just see how it opens up if you watch the footage where they show the map. You just catch sight of the bigger environments to the left after she momentarily scrolls across to her objective.

https://youtu.be/T5Xx3MdqdgM?t=3m42s

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Explore?  Nope, nothing to explore here.

BraLoD said:
KLXVER said:

So its basically Monster Hunter. Fair enough. I just wanted to know if this game was for me.

As already pointed, it looks more like The Witcher than Monster Hunter.

I disagree. The Witcher looks to have way more variety.

pokoko said:

Explore?  Nope, nothing to explore here.

Sure you can go around and look at stuff. Thats really true for most games though.

KLXVER said:

I disagree. The Witcher looks to have way more variety.

You complain they haven't shown us enough and then state The Witcher has more variety. How do you know if 'they haven't showed us enough'?

I'm done here anyway. I hate discussing Sony exclusives, it gets really boring.

The PS5 Exists. 

Looks beautiful. It's one of the games I'm getting a PS4 for and so far looks like I won't regret it.