By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: New Horizon - Zero Dawn Footage

GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

They are the ones selling this as an open world RPG. Why not show us that then? Why are people so quick to believe everything they say without any proof? I just dont get it. Every single video Ive seen, she is just fighting monsters. Ive seen one where she told a guy to go home....and then went to fight monsters.

It's an open world RPG. Have you not seen the environments? If you want to explore then just go and explore. Why would they show her just 'pottering around' and hope that sells the game? They've got one of the most fluid fighting mechanics in any open world game and want to show case it. There's nothing wrong with that and that's what has got people excited for the game. I'm BIG on exploration and I can't wait to explore this world. I'm really confused by your need to see something that's clearly there to see. Again, it's on OPEN world RPG.

You seem to think saying "open world RPG" again and again is some sort of proof. What should I explore? What can I find? There must be something. They have shown zero of that.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

I know that. She seem to get information from parts of the monsters after she has defeated them or she takes them with her to give to someone. This is a new IP. Its not like Zelda: BOTW where we know what the game is about. Why not show us at least ONE video where she does something else? I mean Im not saying the game cant be mostly about fighting monsters. MH does that and is very popular. I just dont see any indication of exploring in the videos shown.

Can you please explain what you mean by exploring because I'm scratching my head here. The Witcher is about doing side quests, main quests and killing monsters, but if you really want to you can 'explore' and not bother doing any of the above. Exploration to me is just enjoying the environments and seeking out the interesting sights. I did that in the Witcher 3 and I'll be doing that in this game too. What game has ever promoted itself by showcasing the player doing nothing but pottering around? Simply showing the game mechanics in the locations showcases the potential exploration ...

Please, I'm lost.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

I know that. She seem to get information from parts of the monsters after she has defeated them or she takes them with her to give to someone. This is a new IP. Its not like Zelda: BOTW where we know what the game is about. Why not show us at least ONE video where she does something else? I mean Im not saying the game cant be mostly about fighting monsters. MH does that and is very popular. I just dont see any indication of exploring in the videos shown.

Can you please explain what you mean by exploring because I'm scratching my head here. The Witcher is about doing side quests, main quests and killing monsters, but if you really want to you can 'explore' and not bother doing any of the above. Exploration to me is just enjoying the environments and seeking out the interesting sights. I did that in the Witcher 3 and I'll be doing that in this game too. What game has ever promoted itself by showcasing the player doing nothing but pottering around? Simple showing the game mechanics in the locations showcases the potential exploration ...

Please, I'm lost.

Well in The Witcher 3 you can talk yourself out of trouble or you can talk people into giving you information or items. Seems like you can explore the enviorment to find people or items to help you on your journey. Ive seen nothing like that in this game.

KLXVER said:

Well in The Witcher 3 you can talk yourself out of trouble or you can talk people into giving you information or items. Seems like you can explore the enviorment to find people or items to help you on your journey. Ive seen nothing like that in this game.

I wouldn't consider that 'exporation' but at least now I understand what you're talking about. I'd assume they are in the game but I doubt they'll ever use those features to showcase their game. Has anyone ever used things like that to showcase their game?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

I wouldn't consider that 'exporation' but at least now I understand what you're talking about. I'd assume they are in the game but I doubt they'll ever use those features to showcase their game. Has anyone ever used things like that to showcase their game?

Yes, developers usually like to show people what their game is about.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Can you please explain what you mean by exploring because I'm scratching my head here. The Witcher is about doing side quests, main quests and killing monsters, but if you really want to you can 'explore' and not bother doing any of the above. Exploration to me is just enjoying the environments and seeking out the interesting sights. I did that in the Witcher 3 and I'll be doing that in this game too. What game has ever promoted itself by showcasing the player doing nothing but pottering around? Simple showing the game mechanics in the locations showcases the potential exploration ...

Please, I'm lost.

Whether it's Witcher, Skyrim, Fallout etc you always end up fighting people or monsters when exploring. You might get dialogue options that sometimes allow you not to fight but unless it's Deus Ex you have to fight. 

This doesn't look any different. The key difference here is you can "tame anibots, farm materials to craft from different robots and set traps.

In addition to the above we know there will be tribes, quests that people and tribes send you on (one which we have seen), and there will be additional quests to main missions and tribe missions.

I don't see why you are giving this game a harder time than any others. It would make sense if GG alone made this game, but since they have hired people from Fallout and Witcher 3 specifically for story, questing system and gameplay, it makes little sense. 

looks really good but I wanna see different environments and type of side quests.

KLXVER said:

It's about a mysterious girl who was adopted by a tribe but never felt like anything but an outcast. She embarks on a journey to uncover her past and so reveal more of the reason the world exists to the player. Who is she? Where did she come from? Why are there mechanised creatures? Did they evolve or were they created? If they were created, who created them? Are those creators still alive? If they're alive, where are they? Is Alloy connected with the creators?

Exciting stuff!

The PS5 Exists. 

Fei-Hung said:
KLXVER said:

Whether it's Witcher, Skyrim, Fallout etc you always end up fighting people or monsters when exploring. You might get dialogue options that sometimes allow you not to fight but unless it's Deus Ex you have to fight. 

This doesn't look any different. The key difference here is you can "tame anibots, farm materials to craft from different robots and set traps.

In addition to the above we know there will be tribes, quests that people and tribes send you on (one which we have seen), and there will be additional quests to main missions and tribe missions.

I don't see why you are giving this game a harder time than any others. It would make sense if GG alone made this game, but since they have hired people from Fallout and Witcher 3 specifically for story, questing system and gameplay, it makes little sense. 

Because when I saw trailers for games like The Witcher, Skyrim and Fallout they showed me all the different aspects of the game. I knew what to expect. They didnt just talk about it and then only show me one or two things the game has.

I mean isnt this a pretty valid thing to be skeptical about?

GribbleGrunger said:
KLXVER said:

It's about a mysterious girl who was adopted by a tribe but never felt like anything but an outcast. She embarks on a journey to uncover her past and so reveal more of the reason the world exists to the player. Who is she? Where did she come from? Why are there mechanised creatures? Did they evolve or were they created? If they were created, who created them? Are those creators still alive? If they're alive, where are they? Is Alloy connected with the creators?

Exciting stuff!

Yes, thats the story. I never questioned the story.