By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Islamic holiday may potentially fall on 9/11- Edit: it is confirmed to be on 9/12

AsGryffynn said:
Luke888 said:

Oh man I need some popcorn, I can only immagine how many dumb people would think they are celebrating 9/11

Either Trump gets a monumental power boost and wins or WWIII starts the same week... 

Around the Network
AsGryffynn said:
Luke888 said:

Oh man I need some popcorn, I can only immagine how many dumb people would think they are celebrating 9/11

Either Drumpf gets a monumental power boost and wins or WWIII starts the same week... 

Well, Trump will just say they were celebrating 9/11 either way.  Wouldn't be the first time. 

bl00dyroar said:
muslims dont "party" during eid. they visit family and have a feast. thats it.

for a typical American buffoon, they think muslims celebrate by killing their Christian neighbour and stabbing priest jimmy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

And thanksgiving is coming up soon where celebrations are had about the genocide of Native Americans

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
And thanksgiving is coming up soon where celebrations are had about the genocide of Native Americans

I've always been with Wednesday Adams on that one. More needs to be done to recognise what native Americans had to go through and how much they lost 

Around the Network

9/11 is not a big deal as before but it is a sensitive topic in the United States.

Muslims in the US are far less radical then ones in UK and Europe imo. 

JWeinCom said:
melbye said:
I think showing restraint in their celebration is not too much to ask for

My brother's birthday is on September 11th.  We've celebrated it every year since then.

The Jets first game this season is on September 11th, which is the kickoff weekend for the NFL season.  I'll be celebrating, cheering (hopefully), drinking some beers, and generally having a merry time.

I am quite certain that nobody will ask me to temper my joy out of respect to 9/11 victims.  So, why should Muslims have to?

Like you said there's no risk that anyone in the US would think that your celebrations are about cheering and praising the downing of the towers.

So bringing yourself into the topic was pointless since it had no connection to the issue with the celebrating muslims.

so what, Islam was not responsible of 911.

onionberry said:
so what, Islam was not responsible of 911.

It obviously was but I'm not American so I'm not going to get in a long argument with you

Ka-pi96 said:
Is 9/11 a big thing in America then?

In the UK it's just a regular day. So, it wouldn't be any different to a muslim holiday on any other day of the year.

I've seen it referred to as "Patriot Day" before, but only on calendars my parents used to get from politicans they donated money to. Pretty sure it's nothing official, and like most people have said, its importance has decreased with time. Not to say it doesn't matter, of course.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334