By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Islamic holiday may potentially fall on 9/11- Edit: it is confirmed to be on 9/12

GProgrammer said:
Theres something not just right with a bunch of muslim's out on the street bottles of beer in their hands partying and dancing
btw /s

If they have bottles of beer in their hands, they're not devout Muslims.

Although not Muslim myself, (I'm one of those evil privileged white males) I went to a Primary school where approx 80% of students were Muslim (I live in West Yorkshire UK) and now still have very regular daily contact with Muslims. It would be an awful conflation, to say "Muslims cannot celebrate Eid, because it is disrespectful to 9/11 victims". In fact, it would be an outright disgusting assault on Western values.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

Either way, it looks like Eid will be on the 12th so this is a non-issue.

9/11 is also the true start of the NFL's Sunday schedule, so everyone else can have fun watching NFL games on 9/11 but muslims have to celebrate Eid somberly because nineteen pricks used the religion as an excuse to start a war against the west fifteen years ago? As long as they're not celebrating the events of 9/11 itself, they can do so however they please, and knowing most of my muslim friends and neighbors, it will probably be a rather low-key "have family and friends over for dinner" type of celebration. 

If some Americans are offended, who cares? There is an obnoxiously large segment of Americans who see non-white/Christian communities as a threat and their every action as sinister, muslims shouldn't have to live based on the ignorance of those people. 

Edit: just read Cirio's post. Never mind :)

Terrorist support would say it clearly that they celebrating 9/11.But when celebrating aid they will not say anything.

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Good thing it's likely going to be on Sept 12.

Around the Network

I'm an islamophobe, but them lot didn't really have anything to do with 9/11 so they can have their holiday whenever they like.

i really don't see the problem with this

MikeRox said:
GProgrammer said:
Theres something not just right with a bunch of muslim's out on the street bottles of beer in their hands partying and dancing
btw /s

If they have bottles of beer in their hands, they're not devout Muslims.

/s means sarcasm

Yup, pretty much most of UK confirmed it to be the 12th.

Luke888 said:

Oh man I need some popcorn, I can only immagine how many dumb people would think they are celebrating 9/11

Either Trump gets a monumental power boost and wins or WWIII starts the same week...