By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. September bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

BraLoD said:
~posting about Vita so Briggle doesn't have to make 3 consecutive posts~

Dammit, where's ma Vita!?

LOL. Thanks.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
Shadow1980 said:
Here's the final update for August's monthly rankings:

XBO S 2TB: #23 (—)
PS4 CoD bundle: #25 (—)
New 3DS XL (black): #37 (↓2)
XBO S 500GB Halo bundle: #42 (↓1)
PS4 standalone: #57 (—)
PS Vita: #76 (↑24)
XBO S 1TB Madden bundle: #82 (—)
New 3DS XL (red): #89 (↓2)

Big jump for the Vita in the last day. The XBO S 2TB remains the #1 SKU for the month, even excluding pre-orders. The initial rankings for September should be out after 4:30 PM Eastern tomorrow.

Now for the update for Week 1 of September:

New 3DS XL Galaxy edition: #17 (↑23)
PS Vita: #26 (↑57)
PSTV: #33 (↑24)
PS4 CoD bundle: #34 (↓3)
XBO S 500GB Halo bundle: #39 (↓1)
PS4 standalone: #65 (↑10)
XBO S 2TB: #73 (↓5)
XBO S 1TB Madden bundle: #82 (↓4)
PS4 UC4 LE bundle: #83 (↑4)

Well, that explains the Vita's sudden spike in the final August update. It must have sold a lot on Amazon. But considering it still barely makes a blip in NPD data, Amazon must represent a huge chunk of Vita sales. The PSTV got a big boost as well.

Also, the Galaxy Edition N3DSXL got a big bump. Handheld domination on Amazon right now, people.

There's that PSTV again without once showing up in the hourlies. I knew I wasn't going crazy last time when you said I must have missed it somehow.

Maybe someone purchased 2.000 units of PSTV at once.

6 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#39 XB1s-500gb Halo Bundle (up 1)
#49 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 1)
#53 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (down 2)
#67 XB1s-2tb (same)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only) 
#04 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#05 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#12 3DS Pokemon Sun&Moon (up 1)

The PS5 Exists. 

Pokemon is killing it.

Yearly:

#35 / Pokémon Moon
#41 / Pokémon Sun
#54 / Pokémon Moon + Sun

Won't stop, can't stop :p

Around the Network

Infinite Warfare after the trailer still so low...

i rememb last year Black Ops III was insane on Amazon, like in August there were 3 BO III SKUs in TOP 5 for a week, and was insane even before / after that.

And yes, i know in August there was the Black Ops III beta but still, doesn't really change that Infinite Warfare is doing WAY worse than Black Ops III, like way way way waaaaaaaaaaay worse.

It will still sells millions but is gonna be a big drop compared to Black Ops III, i think 3-3.5 million is probabily the most likely range first month.

Ryng_Tolu said:

i rememb last year Black Ops III was insane on Amazon, like in August there were 3 BO III SKUs in TOP 5 for a week, and was insane even before / after that.

And yes, i know in August there was the Black Ops III beta but still, doesn't really change that Infinite Warfare is doing WAY worse than Black Ops III, like way way way waaaaaaaaaaay worse.

It will still sells millions but is gonna be a big drop compared to Black Ops III, i think 3-3.5 million is probabily the most likely range first month.

Uh, the beta had a pretty big impact on pre orders, so you can't dismiss it when comparing IW and BO3. The IW beta isn't until October, so a big jump will happen then.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Ryng_Tolu said:

Or digital preorder to get MW remaster a month early maybe?

4 hours since last update:

HARDWARE

#43 XB1s-500gb Halo Bundle (down 4)
#47 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 2)
#58 PS4 Black Ops III Bundle (down 5)
#74 XB1s-2tb (down 7)

SOFTWARE (pre-orders only) 
#04 3DS Pokemon Sun (same)
#05 3DS Pokemon Moon (same)
#10 3DS Pokemon Sun&Moon (up 2)
#85 XB1 Recore (new entry)

The PS5 Exists. 

Welfare said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Uh, the beta had a pretty big impact on pre orders, so you can't dismiss it when comparing IW and BO3. The IW beta isn't until October, so a big jump will happen then.

That's not only the reason.

Even before the beta (like July 2015 VS July 2016) Black Ops III was charting pretty high on Amazon, while as for now Infinite Warfare is doing pretty much "meh".

In general, Black Ops III was just way bigger than Infinite Warfare, the Black Ops series is the biggest COD series after all.

I remember that in August ActiVision said that Black Ops III pre orders were bigger than Advanced Warfare, and this time they said that Destiny Rise of Iron pre orders are bigger than The Taken King.

Since they don't said Infinite Warfare pre orders are bigger than Black ops III (btu of course was expect) then is pretty much obvius that Infinite Warfare pre orders are not as big as Black Ops III. And i talk about July, so that's before the Black Ops beta started.

Like i said, i think something like 3.5 million is the most likely range for Infinite Warfare at retail. if it sells 4 million i'll be a bit surprised, but i can't see it selling close to 5 million like BO III.