By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie- need better communication and steady flow of games with NX

Soundwave said:
Miyamotoo said:

Definitely wasn't born like Wii Us in same time, also Wii probably had best launch combo for any Nintendo console, new 3D Zelda and Wii Sports. On other side Wii U had software drought almost whole life cycle.

Being able to "take" a Zelda game from the GameCube made the Wii launch look at a lot better than it actually was I think. You remove that Zelda game and it's 

Wii Sports, Wii Play, Excite Truck, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Super Paper Mario (another GCN game), Mario Party 8 for the launch/post launch period ... that's pretty terrible honestly. 

GameCube had a great first year lineup too ... Smash Bros. Melee, Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race: Blue Storm, Star Wars Rogue Squadron II, Eternal Darkness, Super Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, Star Fox Adventures, and Metroid Prime in the first 12 months, so it's not the be all, end all. 

You realise that Wii Sports is one of best launch games ever, you realise that most of people (almost all casuals) actually bought Wii because Wii Sports on first place. And having game like that in combination with 3D Zelda, you have killer combination.

Around the Network

Gotta love generic PR speak

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

sethnintendo said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Traditional gaming consoles don't need explaining, put game in -> play.

I guess the mandatory installs on Playstation and Xbox are easy for consumers.  You don't have a gaming console...  You have a computer.

Even if you wanted to mock the competition... yes, these mandatory installs are very easy for consumers and need no explanation.

They are totally automatic when you insert the disc. All the user has to do is wait for a few minutes until he can play. They don't even need a network setup, so it is even easier than installing the Wii U's Day One patch, which was mandatory for many system features and the following patches, which were very recommended to enhance the system stability.

Eh, common sense. They've acknowledged this before but nothing was ever done.

Well anyone with common sense and knowledge of the gaming industry should know this. I hope Nintendo will follow up with this, instead of more fluff.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

Of course

..like what should have been done with the Wii U?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

They have been saying this same rhetoric literally every single month since forever. We get it already, probably before you even did, so just show us the god damn NX!

Conina said:
sethnintendo said:

I guess the mandatory installs on Playstation and Xbox are easy for consumers.  You don't have a gaming console...  You have a computer.

Even if you wanted to mock the competition... yes, these mandatory installs are very easy for consumers and need no explanation.

They are totally automatic when you insert the disc. All the user has to do is wait for a few minutes until he can play. They don't even need a network setup, so it is even easier than installing the Wii U's Day One patch, which was mandatory for many system features and the following patches, which were very recommended to enhance the system stability.

Oh snap bringing back the day one patch from launch.  I was talking about games not system updates.  Like you just said...  The consumer just puts the disc in and has to wait a few mins before they can play. 

I was joking about the put in game ---> play comment that truck made.  When it is put game in ---> wait a few mins ----> and then play.

CaptainExplosion said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

They have been saying this same rhetoric literally every single month since forever. We get it already, probably before you even did, so just show us the god damn NX!

Maybe they're still finalizing things.

Or maybe they realize the hybrid concept does not work as the wanted to be: a string handheld or a weak console.

thanks for the information.