By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No PS4 NEO this year?

Turkish said:

Lol, what does it change anything if MS call it XB2. Its all about whether MS can differentiate XB2 to from XB1, with games looking notably better and next gen. Just rendering XB1 games at 4K changes nothing. MS' exclusive output has been very weak and what little games they publish they certainly won't be locking 20-30M XB1 owners out of it.

It'd be disastrous for MS if they think they can kickstart the 9th gen on their own 3 years too early. PS5 is gonna come around 2019/2020, 6-7 years everyone is itching for a new gen. Sony answers with true new hardware, and MS has a 2-3 year outdated hardware. (and they'll likely have another iteration by the time PS5 comes out, and face everyone's backlash because their 2 year old Scorpio consoles cant play the newest games.)

We'll see, but if they don't they're done. MS honestly believe (or their fans do so MS will push it) that it's ONLY power that has made the PS4 successful, evidenced by the entire Scorpio reveal being about 'power'. This has happened because of the false narrative surrounding the PS4 games list and now it's so ingrained that even though the truth is obvious, people still (to this day) believe the PS4 has fewer games. This has lead to people believing only 'power' is at the bottom of it. It's not but MS are clearly trying to plug into that perception with the Scorpio. By calling it outright or promoting the 'concept' of a next generation, MS give themselves a chance of some kind of 'victory' PR. I don't believe they will, I'm just offering a possible solution. I believe they're dropping out of the console business in all but name. Instead of promoting Windows 10 to XB1 they're going to promote Xbox to Windows 10. It's all about perception.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

We'll see, but if they don't they're done. MS honestly believe (or their fans do so MS will push it) that it's ONLY power that has made the PS4 successful, evidenced by the entire Scorpio reveal being about 'power'. This has happened because of the false narrative surrounding the PS4 games list and now it's so ingrained that even though the truth is obvious, people still (to this day) believe the PS4 has fewer games. This has lead to people believing only 'power' is at the bottom of it. It's not but MS are clearly trying to plug into that perception with the Scorpio. By calling it outright or promoting the 'concept' of a next generation, MS give themselves a chance of some kind of 'victory' PR. I don't believe they will, I'm just offering a possible solution. I believe they're dropping out of the console business in all but name. Instead of promoting Windows 10 to XB1 they're going to promote Xbox to Windows 10. It's all about perception.

Rebranding an XB1 as XB2 doesnt make it a next gen console. What will make it a next gen console is if it has its owm games. And by that i just dont mean games that arent on XB1, but more importantly aren't on the PS4/Neo. Cause the second you can get the same game on the PS4 then the "next gen" scorpio becomes irrelevant. 

I think MS will stay the course. I also feel that if there is as much as a $100 price difference between the Neo and scorpio, it won't matter how much more powerful the scorpio is. I don't think there is anyway possible MS makes the scorpio cost less than $499. The biggest advantage a years advantage gives Sony with the Neo is that they can price the scorpio out of the competition.

By the time the scorpio comes to market, there could very well be around 70M PS4/Neo on the market. That large an install base gives Sony a lot of power. They could drop the PS4s to $199 or even $149 and drop the Neo to $299. All going against a $499 scorpio. 

I say slim will be out this year and then they'll put NEO out near March to compete with NX

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Highly unlikely. It would be uneconomical. Sony is promoting PS VR full force for months now and still there are almost two months till release. It will be available in mid of October, with the purpose of reinforcing the PS Family and to be the Xmas present of the year. Also a PS4 slim version is confirmed and will probably launch in September. You can already buy one on ebay. And then they're suppose to throw another piece of hardware with little more than two month run up time into the Xmas fray? A very expensive and relevant piece of hardware with very little commercial foreplay?

That would be very... stupid.

May i remind you, the one and only reason we know of Neo is because things got leaked.

Faelco said:
Sony has a special hardware conference in a few days. The Neo should launch this year. They wouldn't make a special conference only for a slim, and can't announce a new console for early 2017 so soon because it would lower the holidays sales.

Everything points to a holiday release, except speculations about a MS console we know nothing about yet...
And why is this "special hardware conference" indicating a 2016 launch?

At the 2011 (Jan. 27th) PSM the Vita was announced. Launch date: End of 2011. 

Hunting Season is done...

Neo will outsell scorpio 2 to 1 and everyone will pretend to be surprised

Around the Network
bluedawgs said:

You're going to have a hard time finding numbers. PS4 will continue to outsell XB1 is about all you'll know.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
bluedawgs said:

You're going to have a hard time finding numbers. PS4 will continue to outsell XB1 is about all you'll know.

Sure, in which case I will reword that. PS4 will continue to outsell Xbox One 3 to 1 if not more and people will pretend to be surprised

bluedawgs said:

Sure, in which case I will reword that. PS4 will continue to outsell Xbox One 3 to 1 if not more and people will pretend to be surprised

Why would people be surprised though? Only die hard XB1 fans would think that and they've always thought.

The PS5 Exists. 

Intrinsic said:

Call me crazy, but I'm beginning to have this sneaking suspicion that the Neo wont be released this year.

Now there is some evidence suggesting that it will; case in point being the information passed on from the guy that made sketches of what the PS4s looked like almost 2/3 months ago (who from all indications works at whereever these consoles are assembled) "figuratively" saying that they also are making "another one" that weighs 10lbs. 

However, looking at this slim, the PSVr all coming this year it's beginning to seem likely to me that Sony would just push the Neo release to febuary or March next year. 

Which will totally suck for me because I have already sold my PS4 in anticipation of a Neo reveal next month and a release shortly after. But that was before the slim leaked.

When do y'all think the Neo gets released? 

I hope you re wrong, bro. I was expecting to enter sonys world with neo. If it is not coming this year I'll stick with my wiiu and my Genesis for one more generation

Seems crazy to release both VR and Neo in my opinion. What is most likely is that they release it alongside Horizon in February/March