By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not buying Zelda Breath of the Wild to teach Nintendo a lesson on delaying games.

An unfinished game is a bad game forever- SHUT UP NINTENDO. Dont try to get our sympathy with stupid quotes like that.   

Yes I still stand by this statement I made. Earlier this year when Nintendo announced their latest Zelda game was gonna be delayed for next year. I LOST IT and wrote a rage post about it here in VGCHARTS. Even though it was a rage post, I kept my word and I have no plans on getting the game ever.... YEAH YOU HEARD ME...Nintendo lost a customer!...

Like all the desire for the game was GONE from me. For 2 freaking years I was suuuper excited to get the game. I kept thinking about it, counted down the days to 2015... Then they DELAYED it... Got me so pissed off I bought a PS4 to not think about the new Zelda game. After they showed more of the game I honestly went back to getting hyped again, I wanted to get an NX sooo bad and give Nintendo my money, AND WHAT DO THEY DO?! THEY DELAY IT AGAIN!! So ever since I despise Breath of the Wild, I was WAVING MY MONEY TO NINTENDO FOR 2 YEARS AND THEY LOST IT.

Like I know they like to delay games (or not make any games at all..... Metroid) But when they delay too much customers loose interest. Like why did they just show Breath of the Wild at E3? What about the customers who got bored of waiting for the new Zelda and want another game?? I have ZERO interest in Breath of the Wild because of the stupid delays. Nintendo if you're going to keep making delays then just STOP getting our hopes up and giving us release dates! Like seriously!  Nintendo, you lost my money, you are not getting my money because of the 2 delays. Sorry, but that's your fault.

It's simple nintendo, Delay = Angry future customer. Delays = no customer. Don't screw up next time.  

Moderated - Leadified

Around the Network

Nintendo will really mourn that single lost sale, while they gained a million by making this game the best they could possibly make it.

I will buy 2, NX and Wii U version.

Well it's good to stand by your convictions, rather than complain endlessly and then end up buying the thing anyway. Such as Infinite Warfare... Most disliked video on youtube but everyone is going to buy it anyway...

So I respect you for that I guess.

But yeah this thread is just going to be full of Nintendo fans telling you Nintendo doesn't care, or as above they're going to buy the same game twice. It's quite amazing that they say themselves one person not buying it isn't a big deal, but you can bet your ass there'll be people rushing to defense.

And billions of people will do the same! That will tell them!

Around the Network

You do know that BotW got delayed to 2017 so that it can be a NX launch title, right? Also, I bet the game wouldn't have been the same without the first delay. 

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

That must be the dumbest thing I have read this week, but you have the right to do what you want, nobody else is gonna follow you though, and even if it happened Nintendo would never think that the lack of sales are related with the delay.

So you would rather Nintendo rushes out a bad game in order to meet an arbitrary deadline, than work on the game until it's ready, so it's actually good?

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

I bet you will be the first at 2 a.m. in the morning to get the first copy at your local store