By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm not buying Zelda Breath of the Wild to teach Nintendo a lesson on delaying games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

Around the Network

Well..... Good Luck. But deep down I feel terrible for you. You're missing out on one amazing title. And Zelda is no stranger to delays, but when the games cone out, they don't need weeks of updates just to make them playable.

Not sure why you make another one of these threads if you already made one? Too bad you wont buy the game, in the end it's you who loses on it though. Delays happen, and this delay certainly happend for a reason. You dont think they delay games because it's fun do you? It's not the first game that has gotten delayed and certainly not the last.

Hopefully you will be pleased with your decision in the end, really all what counts.

That´s ok. It´s not the first ever case of delayed game in this industry.
How long did we wait for games like Max Payne 3, The Last Guardian, Duke Nukem Forever, Half Life 2, Too Human... etc?

In my case, I have a huge backlog of games to play on my WiiU before it launches. I still need to finish Pokken Tournament, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade Chronicles, Fatal Frame etc. I will get Paper Mario too. So I´m not really in a hurry about Zelda

You probably should watch this week's JImquisition. 

Around the Network
Nintation360 said:

An unfinished game is a bad game forever- SHUT UP NINTENDO. Dont try to get our sympathy with stupid quotes like that.   

Yes I still stand by this statement I made. Earlier this year when Nintendo announced their latest Zelda game was gonna be delayed for next year. I LOST IT and wrote a rage post about it here in VGCHARTS. Even though it was a rage post, I kept my word and I have no plans on getting the game ever.... YEAH YOU HEARD ME...Nintendo lost a customer!...

Like all the desire for the game was GONE from me. For 2 freaking years I was suuuper excited to get the game. I kept thinking about it, counted down the days to 2015... Then they DELAYED it... Got me so pissed off I bought a PS4 to not think about the new Zelda game. After they showed more of the game I honestly went back to getting hyped again, I wanted to get an NX sooo bad and give Nintendo my money, AND WHAT DO THEY DO?! THEY DELAY IT AGAIN!! So ever since I despise Breath of the Wild, I was WAVING MY MONEY TO NINTENDO FOR 2 YEARS AND THEY LOST IT.

Like I know they like to delay games (or not make any games at all..... Metroid) But when they delay too much customers loose interest. Like why did they just show Breath of the Wild at E3? What about the customers who got bored of waiting for the new Zelda and want another game?? I have ZERO interest in Breath of the Wild because of the stupid delays. Nintendo if you're going to keep making delays then just STOP getting our hopes up and giving us release dates! Like seriously!  Nintendo, you lost my money, you are not getting my money because of the 2 delays. Sorry, but that's your fault.

It's simple nintendo, Delay = Angry future customer. Delays = no customer. Don't screw up next time.  

You think you got it bad because one game you've been looking forward to was delayed..gasp...TWICE???

You obviously weren't around during the N64 years. The majority of the games from Nintendo and Rare had multiple delays. It seemed like all you ever heard about were gams getting delayed. In fact, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was intended to be an N64 launch title but took an additional 2 years to complete. Sound familiar? Nintendo has actually been much better about getting games out on time as of late, fopr the most part. 

Also, if the 8th generation has taught us anything, it's that a game better off being delayed. We've seen too many games that were released "just in time for the holidays" and turn out to be crap because developers wren't given a chance to finish them.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Hahahaha...OP is hilarious. :D

You realise that game will sell millions of copies of game (minimum 5m), and if you will not buy your cope that will not change anything. One copie of game is like drop of water compared to big lake.

You are CERTAINLY CONSISTENT IN THE TYPE OF POSTS YOU MAKE!! I knew there was a good chance it was you at the helm of this ship. Not complaining though. I FIND YOU TO BE AN INTERESTING INDIVIDUAL. Now, I may never know if the final boss ( Bowser? Bowserdorf? ), was too difficult, and a game ruiner for you. I think you should just RELAX AND LOOK FORWARD TO Z:BOTW!!! Delays like this are an unfortunate hallmark of the Zelda series. Just roll with it dude. It's not a big deal. :)

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

3D Zelda games getting delayed is actually a pretty common thing. Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess both experienced delays. Delays suck, but I would rather see that happen to polish the game up than push it out the door when it's not ready.

Edit: BTW, I notice that you don't seem to make any posts after making a thread. Maybe you should start doing that.

Jon-Erich said:
Nintation360 said:

An unfinished game is a bad game forever- SHUT UP NINTENDO. Dont try to get our sympathy with stupid quotes like that.   

Yes I still stand by this statement I made. Earlier this year when Nintendo announced their latest Zelda game was gonna be delayed for next year. I LOST IT and wrote a rage post about it here in VGCHARTS. Even though it was a rage post, I kept my word and I have no plans on getting the game ever.... YEAH YOU HEARD ME...Nintendo lost a customer!...

Like all the desire for the game was GONE from me. For 2 freaking years I was suuuper excited to get the game. I kept thinking about it, counted down the days to 2015... Then they DELAYED it... Got me so pissed off I bought a PS4 to not think about the new Zelda game. After they showed more of the game I honestly went back to getting hyped again, I wanted to get an NX sooo bad and give Nintendo my money, AND WHAT DO THEY DO?! THEY DELAY IT AGAIN!! So ever since I despise Breath of the Wild, I was WAVING MY MONEY TO NINTENDO FOR 2 YEARS AND THEY LOST IT.

Like I know they like to delay games (or not make any games at all..... Metroid) But when they delay too much customers loose interest. Like why did they just show Breath of the Wild at E3? What about the customers who got bored of waiting for the new Zelda and want another game?? I have ZERO interest in Breath of the Wild because of the stupid delays. Nintendo if you're going to keep making delays then just STOP getting our hopes up and giving us release dates! Like seriously!  Nintendo, you lost my money, you are not getting my money because of the 2 delays. Sorry, but that's your fault.

It's simple nintendo, Delay = Angry future customer. Delays = no customer. Don't screw up next time.  

You think you got it bad because one game you've been looking forward to was delayed..gasp...TWICE???

You obviously weren't around during the N64 years. The majority of the games from Nintendo and Rare had multiple delays. It seemed like all you ever heard about were gams getting delayed. In fact, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was intended to be an N64 launch title but took an additional 2 years to complete. Sound familiar? Nintendo has actually been much better about getting games out on time as of late, fopr the most part. 

Also, if the 8th generation has taught us anything, it's that a game better off being delayed. We've seen too many games that were released "just in time for the holidays" and turn out to be crap because developers wren't given a chance to finish them.

If OOT was ever announced to be an N64 launch title, it must have been at the at the Project Reality announcement in 1993, and then changed to a different date shortly after. It was certainly delayed, but I contest that it was ever considered to be a launch title at all, and if it was, it was a very early, and short lived promise.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."