By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No Man’s Sky Sales Drop by 81% in Second Week

Well all casual appeal is gone after the reviews came in. I don't see it having long legs.

Around the Network

The game will not sell more than 2 million.

FIT_Gamer said:
That's a normal drop for games that have big launch sales.

Get ready for this to be blown outta proportion lol. People are gonna act lke this is the first time this has happened to a game.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

It had an insane first week, this is normal for a game like this if you ask me.

lionpetercarmoo said:

The game will not sell more than 2 million.

PC sales are over 760k http://steamspy.com/app/275850
Add PS4 sales to that and it wouldn't surprise me if it's already over 2mil or extremely close.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:

True.  Once they get all the promised features working in a more stable game, I think sales will see a really nice bump.  I think this is going to follow the same path as Driveclub.  Launch was not quite a disaster, but not far from it.  But, as the new features poured in, an incredible game was born.  Just wish these things didn't have to be patched in and it was mostly complete at launch.

Even though Angry Joe raged at some of the things missing and some of the stability issues, he still gave it a strong 5/10 (which is an average game for him), almost a 6.  I think he'll give it a rereview once they patch in all the new features.  I'm guessing it'll get an 8 or 9 after that.

And there are more things to uncover in the game yet. Many people are now coonvinced no one has actually reached the centre yet and, going by what they're saying, I'm inclined to agree. I'm now scouring the game for clues, starting with the symbols on the elements that 'could' be construed as planetary systems and NOT just elemental symbols. If you read the flaour text, those messages appear to be journal entries from Yourself and because you're reading them I'm assuming we're in a time loop. The secret is going to be how to break that time loop.

The PS5 Exists. 

People said SFV would have great legs too and it didn't really happen, even with new content. What we learn from this is when you burn gamers at launch they typically don't stick around.

I guess it could pick up a bit down the line if they add a lot of the that was supposed to be there, coupled with a big sale.