By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How are white people supposed to feel about their own race?

ArchangelMadzz said:
DonFerrari said:

You know that by the gender theory she could identify herself as a woman.

Look at the context of what you said and try to say that you weren't implying it.

Society make you feel like shit for everything you are born, but only the minorities moviments want special threatment for how bad society threats everyone

I wasn't implying everything, I didn't realise I had to make counter arguments in my original post to arguments I wasn't making. 

No one wants special treatment, people want to be treated equally. Gay people just want to get on with their shit, Disabled people just want to live their life the way they can, Blacks just don't want to be discriminated against and have people think they're criminals before they meet them, arabs don't want to be considered terrorists automatically, etc etc. 

So having pride in things people make you feel bad for is very normal. All races have it. Even something as simple as people have over/underbites I've seen people have pride for after suffering bullying for it.

So you want to say minority movements doesn't want special threatments and privileges? Right, so we end here. That is the whole idea behind the pride

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

I wasn't implying everything, I didn't realise I had to make counter arguments in my original post to arguments I wasn't making. 

No one wants special treatment, people want to be treated equally. Gay people just want to get on with their shit, Disabled people just want to live their life the way they can, Blacks just don't want to be discriminated against and have people think they're criminals before they meet them, arabs don't want to be considered terrorists automatically, etc etc. 

So having pride in things people make you feel bad for is very normal. All races have it. Even something as simple as people have over/underbites I've seen people have pride for after suffering bullying for it.

So you want to say minority movements doesn't want special threatments and privileges? Right, so we end here. That is the whole idea behind the pride

Pride movements aren't 'we want special treatment' It's 'we want equal treatment'

Pride movements are rallying for equality and celebrating themselves in the face of discrimination.

Do you honestly think if we all looked at Homosexuality like the greeks did for the last 100 years we would have a gay pride movement?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I feel lucky.  My luck sucks but it didn't fail me in the beginning.

The issue with "white pride" in America is that being white in the US was always the objectively better option. White people were treated better than any other race, they have the most advantages, and being white was generally seen as the standard of things like beauty. So when a black pride rally occurs it is to try and say "society may have said that being black was bad, but I'm proud to be who I am". On the other hand a white pride rally would be like a rich pride rally. "I'm proud to have been born with objective advantages in society, and I want to act as though I'm oppressed because some people on the internet blame me for things that I didn't do".

ArchangelMadzz said:
DonFerrari said:

Pride movements aren't 'we want special treatment' It's 'we want equal treatment'

Pride movements are rallying for equality and celebrating themselves in the face of discrimination.

Do you honestly think if we all looked at Homosexuality like the greeks did for the last 100 years we would have a gay pride movement?

You wish they aren't... you can watch almost any parade and movement discourse and they will talk about historic debt and special threatment they want to equalize.

The greeks didn't celebrate homosexuality, they were on the marriage with woman and seldomly have sex with man.

The reason why today people have these parades is because the bigger issues doesn't exist anymore as they existed in the greek time.

SpokenTruth said:
DonFerrari said:

Look at the context of what you said and try to say that you weren't implying it.

Society make you feel like shit for everything you are born, but only the minorities moviments want special threatment for how bad society threats everyone

You're not a minority, are you?

DonFerrari said:

Definitely not a minority.

I was born white skinned, but 3/4 of my great grandparents were black slaves. So want to assume again?

Torillian said:
The issue with "white pride" in America is that being white in the US was always the objectively better option. White people were treated better than any other race, they have the most advantages, and being white was generally seen as the standard of things like beauty. So when a black pride rally occurs it is to try and say "society may have said that being black was bad, but I'm proud to be who I am". On the other hand a white pride rally would be like a rich pride rally. "I'm proud to have been born with objective advantages in society, and I want to act as though I'm oppressed because some people on the internet blame me for things that I didn't do".

On the other hand the non-white, non-male, non-heterossexual movements want the others to feel ashamed for being born like they were and to pay for the mistake of others in the past while victmizing themselves instead of improving themselves.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Why should they feel anything? Why not just get on with your life instead of worrying about silly things like 'race'?

wow the first time ever a  first post reply  to an OP is one I agee with. I was gonna say exactly the same thing.

Oh, the white guilt thing. One of my professors in College seemed like she was ashamed to be white that it was pretty scary. She confessed to us that she was a lesbian and kind of made it out like being a minority is something "special" and that being a straight, white male is the most unfortunate thing you can be, which is ridiculous. For me, I don't really care. My father is a lot darker (Puerto Rican) and I came out like my mother. Many don't realize I'm mixed and frankly I don't care to explain it to everybody that thinks I'm only white, since there's nothing wrong with it. Everyone should be secure about themselves no matter what. I never saw why someone has to identity and think like another group of people, just because they have a similarity. Great questions and answers I'm reading here. Gives me hope.

Why should I feel proud or ashamed to be white? Race isn't something that should provoke feelings in itself.
The only reason some people see race as an important part of identity (like BLM) is because they (mostly) rightfully feel more targeted because of their racial background (with all socio-economic and discrimnatiry problems that brings). They feel it as part of an identity as a reaction to a perceived injustice.

Then of course we have some misogynists here that feel threatened by that reaction somehow and fuse that into their own anti-SJW, -PC, -BLW, -feminism bias and see it as the largest problem of our times.

It isn't.

proudly

the_dark_lewd said:

Race is largely meaningless. You should feel neither proud nor ashamed of your race.

Culture on the other hand is far from meaningless. I'm proud of the positive contributions western european culture (and its offshoots) have made to the world.

Most notably being the source of about 90% of the scientific and technological advancements of the last 500 years and the source of most of the rights revolutions like anti-racism, anti-sexism, anti-homophobia, anti-animal cruelty etc.

SpokenTruth said:

White power, on the other hand, is not about a sense of pride for the general accomplishments for white people (that pride is built into society already) but rather a pride that stems from their ability and success as oppressors.

Oppression has been almost constant throughout human history and has been practiced by every single group. The fact that white people are generally better off today has very little to do with oppression, and a whole lot to do with the Industrial revolution.

Which is why the non-white people who were oppressors throughout the same periods (e.g The Ottomans), are NOT rich today despite their oppression. But societies who had very little oppression but DID industrialise (like Japan), are rich.

I totally agree on that. I was quite ashamed of my oppressing culture, thinking that racism is a white problem... then I have been in India, China, I've lived years in Japan, and totally changed. I changed about thinking we are unique about that, because I've seen a higher level of intolerance toward other cultures, people, habits, but also a higher level of tolerance toward poverty and other miseries. But I also changed about how I see the impact we had, when I see how many (if not most) positive improvements (medecine, social progress, laws, transportation) originated from USA and Europe.