By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ price increasing in the United States, Canada and Brazil on September 22nd

Ka-pi96 said:
GribbleGrunger said:

As a PS4 owner I'd like to see more value added to PS+ if they're going to up the price to equal LIVE.

As a fellow PS4 owner I'd actually like to see less value along with lower prices.

Really couldn't care less about the vast majority of PS+ games so if I could get online play only at a cheaper price I'd definitely go for it!

Agree with you on this, It's about time they just release a $20 - $30 per year for online play without throwing games in I don't really care about.

Around the Network

I always buy my multiplayer games on PC, I dont play online a lot but I feel like when I do it should be free. I did have a one month subscription once to play bloodborne with my friend, but overall, xbl or ps+ its just not good value for me.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

barneystinson69 said:

Not alot of warning there. XBL Gold is still $60 here in Canada, so I don't see why they increased the price. In case you're wondering, PSN cards for a year are $50 right now, so its increasing by $20 here in Canada.

Because the Canadian dollar has gone to shit.

Normchacho said:
bunchanumbers said:
I was seriously considering getting a PS4 before this. Kinda killed that plan.

It's $10 a year. If you don't buy it on sale.

Until when? How long before its $70 a year?

poklane said:
barneystinson69 said:

Not alot of warning there. XBL Gold is still $60 here in Canada, so I don't see why they increased the price. In case you're wondering, PSN cards for a year are $50 right now, so its increasing by $20 here in Canada.

It has been at the same rate for about 1 years now, the double increase will be felt (One for the lower dollar, and one for the PSN price going up). 

Around the Network

I hope NO MAN´S SKY flop so bad that they give us for free, sounds like my kind of game but I am really really broke right now, between paying my house, my car, birthday gifts and fixing stuff all I could buy was OUT OF THIS WORLD for 1 dollar.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

poklane said:
barneystinson69 said:

I really don't care all that much. A 20$ price increase because of that excuse is BS. If they kept the US PSN cards at $50, and increased the CAD cards by $10, it would be far better. Now consumers are spending $70 on a subscription for 1 year vs $50. Its a large increase, and with Microsoft keeping their prices the same here, it feels unfair.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

How much of an increase is that?

bunchanumbers said:
I was seriously considering getting a PS4 before this. Kinda killed that plan.

Huh??? Odd that you would never buy Nintendo games if they were on PlayStation, yet you're willing to game on a PlayStation.

bunchanumbers said:

The instant Nintendo goes 3rd party then I'm out. Its really that simple. The only way they go 3rd party and I continue to buy their games is if they launch a PC platform with a closed ecosystem where I can visit with other Nintendo fans in peace. I'm not going to get a Nintendo game on a different console and deal with a bunch of dude bro jerks who were raised on CoD and internet hate.

I find that very hard to understand, why would you play Sony games on a PlayStation but you wouldn't play Nintendo games on it?

It's also odd that PS+ price increase would be the big thing that would put you off when your main reason for avoiding the other consoles is the community, and the main reason to get ps+ is to interact with that community, a.k.a the "Bunch of dude bro jerks."

So they've finally matched the price of XBL. Now if only they could match the quality...

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.