By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ price increasing in the United States, Canada and Brazil on September 22nd

Sucks to be a Canadian gamer right now. Game prices went up from 60 to 80 as well. I was actually surprised ps+ was still 50 when it renewed last month.
The 500GB XBox One S is $400, same as ps4 launch price, while the base 500GB ps4 is now $430, WiiU is $330. I guess I should be happy my consoles increased in value over the years! And $75 for a controller.

Oh well, thank MS for getting console gamers used to pay to play online. It's never going away now. I guess I should re-evaluate the discounts I've been getting through ps+ whether it will still be worth it, hardly ever play online.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
CWegzz said:
Sony keeps making me regret buying my PS4 more and more these days.

Buy 8 less Pepsi's a year and you're good to go.

Too bad I don't drink any Pepsi or any soda for that matter.

Wii U NNID:  CWegzz
3DS Friend Code:  4210-5277-5484
PSN:  Ronnoc4
Steam:  CWegz

I suggest everybody to start topping up their PS Plus memberships by a few years and hopefully by the time that expires maybe the price will drop back down.

...and hopefully for Canadians their dollar is back equal with the US. =P

Each time I've had to renew, even though I generally let it stay expired for long periods, and it was only Dark Souls 3 that got me to renew it recently, I've been able to find 1-year subscriptions cheap on ebay. Hell, newegg just had them on sale for $36.

I could have bought 24 months PS+ for €66 a few days ago... I hope that deal returns once more.

Around the Network

I have "a guy", that I can get PS+ cards from for about $40-$45 for a years subscription. I already have 1 more years worth that will kick in around November this year. Maybe I should call him up and just buy for 5yrs.

Does anyone know if them PS+ cars have an expiration date?

What concerns me is that I'm looking at my current spare 12 month sub card with $49.99 written under it.

I hope I dont go stock up on these then after the price hike I'm told my card is invalid or it just adds $50 store credit for me. Or has anyone tried stacking subscriptions????

If this $10 price increase of PSN+ was what has stopped people buying a PS4 after it has been on the market since 2013 there is some really strange logic going on there.

As I said on the article of this too, keep in mind that it's the first increase since 2010 when + launched and it is offering 72games during the 12 months of the service, I'm quite certain that the cost of 72 games has increased by more than $10 during the last 6 years.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

BraLoD said:
bunchanumbers said:
I was seriously considering getting a PS4 before this. Kinda killed that plan.

This is quite the exaggeration.

Yeah I don't buy it either "I'm not going to get a Nintendo game on a different console and deal with a bunch of dude bro jerks"

He doesn't want to deal with the PlayStation community, yet a PS+ price increase is what kills the 'plan' of him getting a ps4. xD

Captain_Yuri said:
Lolll, one less reason for me to get a ps4

What are your positive reasons for getting a PS4?

If we get better monthly games I will be okay with this. Also, the PSN hasn't gone down in forever so at least we can say that some of the money went to the infrastructure.