By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS+ price increasing in the United States, Canada and Brazil on September 22nd

CosmicSex said:
Captain_Yuri said:
Lolll, one less reason for me to get a ps4

What are your positive reasons for getting a PS4?

Exclusives and getting first of some game releases

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

LOL. The reactions to this are mind blowing. Be mildly upset by all means but don't go spray painting 'fuck the world' on your local bridge just before jumping to your death. Breath deeply and relax ...

The PS5 Exists. 

CosmicSex said:
If we get better monthly games I will be okay with this. Also, the PSN hasn't gone down in forever so at least we can say that some of the money went to the infrastructure.

I highly doubt that, downloads are still pretty slow. People cried last gen that PSN was bad and Live was better because it was paid. Giving a free online was meant to be an advantage, but normally people were pretty direct in associating free = garbage. So they just put a paywall, kept it exactly equal and profited with the subscriptions. Free games also became trash because people now had to pay anyway, so why bother.

It goes down sometimes for maintenance and it went down (with Live) during the DDOS attacks last Holidays. Of course, paying for it isn't a deal breaker, I was a subscriber before PS4. It's not like it's expensive or something, it's basically the price of a game and gives you free games and discounts, so people are overreacting.

Sony the pusher-get em hooked then real them in- shooting in a barrel
If you have PS ten you might think about resisting this or a x box

bunchanumbers said:
Normchacho said:

It's $10 a year. If you don't buy it on sale.

Until when? How long before its $70 a year?

You're right, in 6 more years it might go up again. 

It doesn't matter that inflation alone would dictate that PS+ should be like $56 or $57.  We should all flip out and boycott companies when games start coming out at more than $60 to. It doesn't matter that gaming is cheaper for gamers than it's ever been and more expensive for console makers, publishers, and developers.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

hmm, those prices are not sexy. Not evil, but not sexy.

In 2008 live gold cost $60 and no monthly games, millions of subscribers and wasn't a problem then but now is a huge deal breaker... Makes sense.

Here in europe it is not as cheap since the beginning, nice to see it balanced now.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

I'm not poor enough that an extra $10 is the end of the world "how am I gonna afford actual games without that extra 10 quid?!" This still sucks, though. Not even an announcement of extra bennies to soften the blow, just "thanks for giving us money, but we'd like 20% more." At least we got a month warning in advance, plenty of time to get a few years at the current price.

I hope these are the preparations to add 1 PSVR game to the monthly plus-games beginning October or November.

Conina said:
I hope these are the preparations to add 1 PSVR game to the monthly plus-games beginning October or November.

I am willing to bet that by...June 2017 we get a PSVR game. Whether that is in addition to what we already get, or if it's instead of a PS3 or Vita game or something, idk...but I do think we'll start getting PSVR games.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.