By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WSJ: Sony To Announce PS4 Slim And Neo Next Month (Playstation Meeting)

Miyamotoo said:
GribbleGrunger said:

That bolded suggests a lower than expected price. I'm revising down to $200 - $250 for the slim and £350 - $400 for the Neo.

I think there is zero chance that PS4 will have price cut of $150, $100 posible, $50 most posible.

I have to agree that it won't be $200. However. I think there's a good chance it's $250.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:

I own a PS4 and even though I no longer want to own either an Xbox Two of PS5, I wouldn't be buying either one of these machines until PS5 came out. I'm not cool with spending 800-1,000 dollars every 6 years on something I use to spend 300-400 dollars on. I will not be a part of the problem.

That is perfectly fine. The idea of these consoles is not to get everyone to upgrade all the time. The idea is to diversify the product offering, and allow expansion. Now people that want to get into gaming on XBO or PS4 can do so at either $250, or $500. This allows those that just want a console to play with their friends a cheap way to get. It also offers people looking to take advantage of their premium 4K TV's and Recievers a chance to get the most out of them.

Normchacho said:
KBG29 said:
Definitly looks more and more like we will have;

PS4 2000 Model = $249.99

PS4 Neo Edition = $499.99

Sony is looking to make a device for the core gamer and high end A/V enthusiast. People that want a basic gaming device can get the 1080p PS4, and those looking to take advantage of 4K LED TV's & 9.2ch Audio Systems can pick up the 4K Neo.

What makes you think it's going to be that expensive? Unless it's way more powerful than the leaked specks we've been seeing...

I think it is going to be marketed as a premium devices, and not a major part of Sony making huge gains in market share. It looks like they are going to have the PS4 2000 carry the heavy lifting and sell to kids, parents, and those not interested in 4K. That will be a massive part of the userbase. 

The Neo is going to be offered as a premium product for hard core gamers & movie fanatics. I see Neo even if it has the specs as leaked reaching $500 because it will have built in Card Readers, a base 2TB HHD, the additional PSVR hardware built in, and the HD Audio and 4K Video decoders. Sony is going to market this like they market the new Z series 4K TV's, they are the top of the top of the line, and come at a premium price. They are not saying you have to buy it, but if you want it , it is there.  

Miyamotoo said:
GribbleGrunger said:

That bolded suggests a lower than expected price. I'm revising down to $200 - $250 for the slim and £350 - $400 for the Neo.

I think there is zero chance that PS4 will have price cut of $150, $100 posible, $50 most posible.

It is possible Sony could go $200 PS4 2000 & $400 PS4 Neo. It would be an incredible holiday, and probably see both models out of stock the rest of the year, but I have to agree. As I have been saying, PS4 2000 = $250 & PS4 Neo will be $500. That gives the perfect pricing gap to help people understand that one is a premium model. 

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Normchacho said:
Miyamotoo said:

I have to agree that it won't be $200. However. I think there's a good chance it's $250.

Well they are definitely chances for $250 price, I would say chances are 35% for $250 and 65% for $300 price.

KBG29 said:

Miyamotoo said:

It is possible Sony could go $200 PS4 2000 & $400 PS4 Neo. It would be an incredible holiday, and probably see both models out of stock the rest of the year, but I have to agree. As I have been saying, PS4 2000 = $250 & PS4 Neo will be $500. That gives the perfect pricing gap to help people understand that one is a premium model. 

Everything is possible, just $150 price cut  isn't realistic at all. Also PS4 Neo will most likely have $100 higher price than regular PS4, $150 at most. I personally expecting $400 for PS4 Neo, and $250-300 for regular PS4.

Final prediction:

PS4 drops to $300 (still going to sell because some people will prefer the aesthetics)
PS4s $250
PS4 Neo $350 - $400. If it's $400 it will come with a game. Likely UC4 enhanced.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
$149 or no buy.

$99.

249$ price point, and sony wins holidays in style.

JRPGfan said:
249$ price point, and sony wins holidays in style.

They already win. Making more money off a cheaper device for the same price makes more sense.

Miyamotoo said:
KBG29 said:

Everything is possible, just $150 price cut  isn't realistic at all. Also PS4 Neo will most likely have $100 higher price than regular PS4, $150 at most. I personally expecting $400 for PS4 Neo, and $250-300 for regular PS4.

GribbleGrunger said:

Final prediction:

PS4 drops to $300 (still going to sell because some people will prefer the aesthetics)
PS4s $250
PS4 Neo $350 - $400. If it's $400 it will come with a game. Likely UC4 enhanced.

Sure everything is possible, I just don't see how so many think Neo will only be $100 more than the base model. We are talking about an industry that charges $50 more for a 500GB vs 1TB system. That is on a drive that is maybe a few bucks more, ecspecialy in bulk.

Now, we have a system that at the least has twice the GPU, an enhanced Audio/Video decoder, and most likely a 1TB. I just dont see this being anything but double the price of the base unit. 

At $200/$400 or $250/$500 there is a clear distinction between the base unit and the premium model. It leaves no confusion with those prices. If you want a PS4 on the whim the base is a no brainer with a 2X price difference.

With a mere $100 difference, there is almost no point in the PS4 2000, as people will just pay the $100 extra. Unless the idea is just to make the Neo such a good deal people can't pass it up, and then when the data shows Neo is %85 of the sales they will pull the 2000 off the shelves.

Whatever the out come, this is extreamly exciting times in the console buisness. September 7th is going to be a great day, and whatever the outcome, I will be getting a Neo and PSVR day one.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Are people really expecting a 4k capable console at a $400 price tag?