By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Release date?

This could explain the lack of PS4/Persona 5 bundles announcements. Maybe we'll get one soon..

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Barkley said:

It really doesn't seem like it's that much smaller to me, at all. I think rather than being a "slim" this is just a revised model of the ps4 with much lower manufacturing costs, and thus a lower price point.

I believe we will see this ps4 launch for $299, and I don't think it will be marketed as a "slim", I also believe the original ps4 model will be discontinued and replaced by this.

I mean the packaging has no mention of "slim" anywhere, so I think it's safe to assume this is not a slim version.

Slim models never actually have "slim" on the packaging I don't think. They're just an update of the console.

I think it might be cheaper than $299 though. Even if it's just $279.

here's why.

PS4 500GB, $299

PS4 1TB, $349

PS4.5 1TB(?), $399?

That seems too close to me. I should also point out that I think the 4.5 won't cost more than $399 and I think it has to come with a larger HDD to add more value to the package.

I think you have the wrong impression of the Neo. That will be a premium product like the Xperia Z phones and TV's, or Sony's ES "Elevated Standards" devices. Neo will be $500 minimum, but more likely a $600 unit.

Neo and Scorpio are lokking to usher in the new era of Home computing. Consoles are going to replace the traditional PC tower in the mass consumer market. Thanks to this, we are going to have consoles that come in a standard, performance, and performance plus type of teiring system. This is going to be a huge boon to the industry.

For now, this looks like a great $250 entry tier PS4 model, that will replace the current OG PS4. I think this will pay off huge for Sony and is a result of Neo coming this year as well. This is part two, of two very similar paths for Sony and Microsoft. We are seeing the super cheap PS4 and Neo this year, where MS is doing a stylish re-release of XBO this year with a more powerful Scorpio next year. Both stratagies will be massively successful.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Here's a size comparison:

The PS5 Exists. 

LurkerJ said:
Release date?

This could explain the lack of PS4/Persona 5 bundles announcements. Maybe we'll get one soon..

Seeing how it's ready to go on sale I'd say September 8th

Lol, barely looks any smaller. I know the PS4 is small to begin with but shit, I just dont see the point. How much cheaper can its case be to produce than the original's to make it worth their time.

Around the Network
poklane said:

Very, very quick size comparison

Honestly, it looks like there's barely any difference in size, which is somewhat understandable since the PS4 itself is already quite small. Still, there's 0 reason for this thing to exist unless it has a way lower build cost or stuff like UHD.

4K, HDR, Better for PSVR

GribbleGrunger said:

GribbleGrunger said:

Can someone zoom in the text to see if it mentions 4K streaming?

This looks real to me.
has to be atleast 25% off in height, abit in width & length.

I think this "slim" version is just to cut price down.
Expecting a 249-299$ price tag.

Sony wins the holidays BIG time, if they have this + normal versions discounted + ps neo + ps vr.

Obviously legit, and looks pretty good too. I mean, it's not great, but it beats the PS3 slim by far. And I'm sure it looks pretty good in nature. The PS3 slim did too, despite looking horrible in pictures.

My god, what if it's not $299? What if it's not $250? What if..

What if it's $199? It would sell like a mad man, that's what

ktay95 said:
Lol, barely looks any smaller. I know the PS4 is small to begin with but shit, I just dont see the point. How much cheaper can its case be to produce than the original's to make it worth their time.

Its gotta be like 25% smaller in heigh, and abit in width and length.

The point? probably to make them cheaper in BoM, so they can sell them at lower price points.

Imagine a 249-299$ PS4 Slim, along with the older models & bundles (fat ps4 versions) discounted to that price.

Then imagine PS VR + PS4 neo also releaseing.

Who do you think wins the holidays sales?