By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which company should buy the Konami gaming IPs?

Tagged games:

Who?

Bandai Namco 16 9.41%

Capcom 6 3.53%

Tecmo Koei 2 1.18%

Sony 82 48.24%

Nintendo 39 22.94%

505 games 0 0%

Square Enix 10 5.88%

Sega 8 4.71%

A western publisher 2 1.18%

Other 5 2.94%

Total:170

Probably Sony should buy highly intensely games like Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Contra and even Castlevania while Nintendo should buy Hudson IP... Yes Bomberman or Bonk.

Don't look at me, I'm just saying. ._.

Around the Network

Sony or SE get ZoE then they get Platinum to develop it with Kojima at the helm. Is that how it works? :D

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Kerotan said:
Gawker

Kinda late for that now xD

Hulk hogan then. 

Kojima Productions should purchase each one of Konami's IPs. Maybe when Death Stranding launch, and after Konami devalue their franchises, they will have enought money to purchase them all.

Sony has the most experience with them so I would say definitely Sony.

Around the Network

Castlevania: buncha companies could take an interesting crack at it, let's go with Nintendo
Silent Hill: Sony or Namco
Contra: Klei for 2D, Platinum could do an interesting 3D take, or SEGA if they bring their A game
Metal Gear: I think Naughty Dog could do it justice if it was more TLOU than Uncharted, or Eidos or IO on a good day
Suikoden: any JRPG company that still has the mojo
Gradius: Housemarque
Zone of the Enders: Give it back to Kojima! - or Platinum
Bomberman: Nintendo

If they're going to buy all of them Nintendo or Sony but it would be better if they could be split up between publishers. Nintendo could probably make a better Castlevania than Sony but a Sony mgs would probably beat Nintendo's

A publisher that doesn't own it's own console, I'd have to say Sega or SE since most other 3rd parties for the most part have been incompetent in the past and present.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

considering the majority of their best series are adventure/platform games, Nintendo. Contra and Castlevania are some of their most important IPs and dying to be reborn, and Nintendo would be perfect to reignite them

I am torn about Silent Hill and Metal gear, maybe Sony would be better with them (although I think Nintendo could do Metal Gear justice)

if I'm correct in memory, Konami has the Hudson Soft properties too right? (Bomberman, Adventure Island, etc.),  and those are properties that are perfect for Nintendo.

I think the real key is if the IPs were sold they go to companies big enough to do something with them. I would be fine with them divided between Nintendo and Sony. Microsoft kills things it acquires and I don't know of any third party I particularly trust lately

Chazore said:
A publisher that doesn't own it's own console, I'd have to say Sega or SE since most other 3rd parties for the most part have been incompetent in the past and present.

Sega fails at managing to maintain success with their OWN IPs (Sonic, Golden Axe, Alex Kidd, etc.) so I think you're a bit off with that