By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which company should buy the Konami gaming IPs?

Tagged games:

Who?

Bandai Namco 16 9.41%

Capcom 6 3.53%

Tecmo Koei 2 1.18%

Sony 82 48.24%

Nintendo 39 22.94%

505 games 0 0%

Square Enix 10 5.88%

Sega 8 4.71%

A western publisher 2 1.18%

Other 5 2.94%

Total:170
Chazore said:
mountaindewslave said:

Sega fails at managing to maintain success with their OWN IPs (Sonic, Golden Axe, Alex Kidd, etc.) so I think you're a bit off with that

Neither are the rest, even SE tbh.

Other companies manage to mantain the success of some of their IPs, SEGA is arguably one of the worst at doing so...

Around the Network

they wont sell their IPs, their are not in a hurting financial position. Such threads are getting tired and dumb

BasilZero said:

This topic is garbage (no offense to the OP - just the topic on its own - about any IP/companies being sold to another company discussion wise I mean).

Anyways.....

Out of the ones in the list...I would say

Squareenix (I can see Eidos doing wonders with the Metal Gear and Suikoden franchise) - cant say much for the others.

Capcom seems like a decent fit but....I feel Namco Bandai seems more natural than Capcom.

Would never suggest Nintendo or Sony - both are garbage choices because having IPs like MGS/Castlevania etc being exclusive under one ecosystem is garbage these days.

better than not existing at all tough

Luke888 said:
Kerotan said:

Hulk hogan then. 

So that would be Game Freak/Nintendo then

Swordmasterman said:
Kojima Productions should purchase each one of Konami's IPs. Maybe when Death Stranding launch, and after Konami devalue their franchises, they will have enought money to purchase them all.

Yeaaaaaaah... I'm positive that you don't realize how valuable some of Konami's IPs are, even if they devaluated in the next 4/5 years they would never ever be affordable by a newborn team like Kojima Productions, not even Death Stranding's release...

bigtakilla said:
Well, let's see.

ZoE would be handed to Monolith Soft, they make great looking mechs and are known for their ability to let you customize EVERYTHING!

Silent Hill would go to Tecmo Koei, Fatal Frame V was an atmospheric masterpiece and stands as one if not THE greatest survival horror games this gen. Now give them the time and budget for a franchise as big and sells as well as Silent Hill and buy new socks. The ones you have now would be blown the f off.

Castlevania would be given to Nintendo but be outsourced to Platinum under a AAA budget. I don't trust Platinum with any IP by themselves anymore after the flood of arcade titles. Platinum gets free reign though like Bayo 2. Just sign the f'n checks Nintendo.

MGS would go to Valhalla Studios, because the IP needs someone who's a bit strange to bring the series back from the white bread MGS V disaster.

Suikoden would also go to Monolith Soft. They can craft a hell of a story revolving around religeon, let's allow them to take a crack at an extremely heavy political plot.

You almost got me with ZoE with Monolith Soft (which would be extremely cool) but then MGS to Valhalla Studios ? Ewwwww that studio as of now is worse than Konami: they have become the b**ch of a Korean Mobile game giant corporation...

I know the IP needs someone more than S-E to make it interesting again though. Not sure who could do that really. 

Oh, and I was thinking about it and a Retro Castlevania would also be dope.

bigtakilla said:
Luke888 said:

So that would be Game Freak/Nintendo then

Yeaaaaaaah... I'm positive that you don't realize how valuable some of Konami's IPs are, even if they devaluated in the next 4/5 years they would never ever be affordable by a newborn team like Kojima Productions, not even Death Stranding's release...

You almost got me with ZoE with Monolith Soft (which would be extremely cool) but then MGS to Valhalla Studios ? Ewwwww that studio as of now is worse than Konami: they have become the b**ch of a Korean Mobile game giant corporation...

I know the IP needs someone more than S-E to make it interesting again though. Not sure who could do that really. 

Oh, and I was thinking about it and a Retro Castlevania would also be dope.

Imho SE/Bandai Namco are the only third party capable of handling the IP, maybe CD Projekt Red but I prefer the first two...

I think if Nintendo were to purchase Castlevania they'd let work on it either Retro or Inteligent Systems (don't know why but I feel like they could make a really good Castlevania game)

Around the Network

I'd say Sony. A lot of the fanbase there and Sony do a good job making games most of the time.

Sony should purchase the Metal Gear IP so Kojima could be reunited with his baby.

Castlevania should probably stay 2D, so Nintendo could do well with that franchise. Rumble Roses seems all but forgotten..hope it gets revived.

Lube Me Up

Luke888 said:

Other companies manage to mantain the success of some of their IPs, SEGA is arguably one of the worst at doing so...

Not all of them. THen of course we have delayed ports and no port jobs at all. At least Sega is trying in the strategy genre, can't say the same for the rest.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Who ever brings me another 2D Contra and Castlevania.