By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 8th - 14th 2016

Media Create back 30:

twenty one 3DS Taiko Drum Master Dokodon! Mystery Adventures Namco Bandai 
Entertainment
twenty two PS4 Over Watch Origins Edition square Enix
twenty three Vita Limit Totsuhata Seven Pirates (including Limited Edition) Compile Heart
twenty four PS4 Idol Master Platinum Stars (including Limited Edition) Namco Bandai 
Entertainment
twenty five Vita Hoshio Yumemirai Converted Edition prototype
26 PS4 Grand Theft Auto V (4,990 yen version) Take-Two Interactive Japan
27 3DS Mario Kart 7 Nintendo
28 3DS Monster Hunter Cross (including Bundle) Capcom
29 Wii U Mario Kart 8 (including Bundle) Nintendo
Thirty PS4 Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Spike Chunsoft
31 3DS Friend collection new life 
(Happy Price selection)
Nintendo
32 PS4 Dynasty Warriors Yingjie Den (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo 
Games
33 PS3 討鬼 Den 2 (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo 
Games
34 Wii U Super Smash Bros. Wii U For 
(including Bundle)
Nintendo
35 PS4 DARK SOULS III (Dark Seoul III) From Software
36 Vita The end of Dragon Quest Heroes II twins king and prophecy square Enix
37 3DS Mario & Luigi RPG Paper Mario MIX Nintendo
38 3DS Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer 
(including Bundle)
Nintendo
39 3DS Pokemon X / Y (including Bundle) Pokémon
Forty PS4 Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition SCE
41 3DS Culdcept revolt Nintendo
42 3DS Ace Attorney 6 Capcom
43 Vita Underground labyrinth, the Witch and the Wardrobe Roh brigade of Refrain 
(including Limited Edition)
ICHI Software
44 Vita Dynasty Warriors Yingjie Den (including Limited Edition) Koei Tecmo 
Games
45 PS4 Rainbow Six Siege Ubisoft
46 3DS Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS Nintendo
47 3DS Disney Art Academy Nintendo
48 3DS Professional baseball Famisuta Returns Namco Bandai 
Entertainment
49 3DS Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3 square Enix
Fifty 3DS Rhythm Tengoku The Best + Nintendo

Around the Network
Roketan said:
zorg1000 said:

so doing better than a terrible selling device is an accomplishment now?

Νο but... no fun allowed? Just because WiiU is doing bad can't we say that PS4 is not only doing better than WiiU but better than anyone expected? I mean it's on par with the PS3 despite having less exclusives games.

Some of you seem so angry with these PS4 numbers... lol. It's like you want the system to do bad.

I dont see what having fun has to do with anything, its about context. Take a look at previous posts.

Kerotan: PS4 BEAST MODE base line of 20k!!!!

others: 20k is beast mode?????

Kerotan: its doing better than Wii U

Me: doing better than Wii U doesnt make it a beast.

Nobody is shitting on PS4, but to say its a "beast" for having a 20k baseline and selling better than Wii U is extreme hyperbole.

Also i certainly wouldnt say PS4 is beating everones expectations in Japan, despite costing less and having much less competition than PS3, it is still tracking at a very similar rate and many people initially thought PS4 would blow it out of the water. I remember alot of 15+ million predictions pre-release.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

3ds outselling ps4+psv+ps3 combines= beast

shame sony already stating to reclaimed back japan but end up losing

and funny fact

monster hunter+pokemon outselling entire psvita library

Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

Yeah man!!! Just like the 3DS with the PSVITA in Japan and everywhere else.  HUGE accomplishment! 

i cant tell if ur being sincere or mocking but 3DS sales in Japan are an accomplishment. Over 20 million and on track to being the 3rd best selling device of all time in the region. That is being a beast.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kerotan said:
Roketan said:

Νο but... no fun allowed? Just because WiiU is doing bad can't we say that PS4 is not only doing better than WiiU but better than anyone expected? I mean it's on par with the PS3 despite having less exclusives games.

Some of you seem so angry with these PS4 numbers... lol. It's like you want the system to do bad.

It's because it's the PS4's weakest traditional region so they try and use it to have a go at the ps4. Is it really so hard to just say "good job ps4". I do it all the time.  I promise it's not too bad! 

No, ur just trying to play the victim now, u originally called PS4 a beast, a few posters pointed out how thats false then u gave a comparison to justify your statement and i pointed out how that doesnt make it a beast.

Its not hard to say "good job PS4", when it actually does a good job, like in America/Europe where it is in fact a beast. But its very hard to agree with someone who has such a low standard for success, PS4 sales in Japan are nothing to boast about.

Around the Network
Roketan said:
zorg1000 said:

he just stating pointless things over and over again like some user in gamespot systemwars that keep repeating " sony domination continuation" on every single japanese sales thread when ps3 selling above xbox and wii and psp over nds .

zorg1000 said:
Roketan said:

I dont see what having fun has to do with anything, its about context. Take a look at previous posts.

Nobody is shitting on PS4, but to say its a "beast" for having a 20k baseline and selling better than Wii U is extreme hyperbole.

Also i certainly wouldnt say PS4 is beating everones expectations in Japan, despite costing less and having much less competition than PS3, it is still tracking at a very similar rate and many people initially thought PS4 would blow it out of the water. I remember alot of 15+ million predictions pre-release.

Yeah... no. Nobody would say that PS4 could sell 15 million. Care to provide the post? Either you are lying or the only one member that said this (because there can't be more) was probably trolling or not aware of Japan market. We are talking about the majority.

If i predict that PS5 will sell 200 million units and manages to sell 150 million nobody will come and say ''yeah but this girl said that it would sell 200 millions so despite selling 150 million it bombed''

Roketan said:
zorg1000 said:

Yeah... no. Nobody would say that PS4 could sell 15 million. Care to provide the post? Either you are lying or the only one member that said this (because there can't be more) was probably trolling or not aware of Japan market. We are talking about the majority.

If i predict that PS5 will sell 200 million units and manages to sell 150 million nobody will come and say ''yeah but this girl said that it would sell 200 millions so despite selling 150 million it bombed''

sorry but im not going to go back and find 3 year old predictions to make u feel better, you werent even a member on this site then so how are you going to try arguing with me about discussions that happened back then?

Also nice job on ignoring 90% of my post.

zorg1000 said:
Roketan said:

sorry but im not going to go back and find 3 year old predictions to make u feel better, you werent even a member on this site then so how are you going to try arguing with me about discussions that happened back then?

??????????

So you said something you can't prove (many predicted 15 million) and now that i am asking for clues you say ''yeah no''? We are not arguing for anything. We are just discussing about the state of PS4 in Japan. Unlike you i am providing all the evidence to back up my claims. If you can't do the same then don't get into discussions at all. And stop spreading lies... (15 million.... looooool).

Roketan said:
zorg1000 said:

??????????

So you said something you can't prove (many predicted 15 million) and now that i am asking for clues you say ''yeah no''? We are not arguing for anything. We are just discussing about the state of PS4 in Japan. Unlike you i am providing all the evidence to back up my claims. If you can't do the same then don't get into discussions at all. And stop spreading lies... (15 million.... looooool).

Nah, he is right, given it was 50/50 and some people had huge launch numbers, I wish I could find that thread and that it would do better than Wii U much quicker than it did. 

However many predicted Wii U and Vita doing 30 million plus and one person actually went as bold as to say vita will beat 3ds. Also you did totally miss the point of his post really. 

Yes people were expecting bigger numbers in large (the launch prediction thread is out there, and I would know since I was one of the few that was right on my stupid prediction of 350k launch, and I was near the bottom of that table). These are not impressive numbers, and yes calling it a beast is a joke.