By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - August 8th - 14th 2016

Jranation said:
zorg1000 said:

so doing better than a terrible selling device is an accomplishment now?

Yeah man!!! Just like the 3DS with the PSVITA in Japan and everywhere else.  HUGE accomplishment! 

Glad you agree.  Because despite a massive decline on the DS the 3DS is still a big accomplishment.  

Ps4 the only console match it's predecessor in Japan and not declining.  What a beast. 

Around the Network

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=214889&page=1

Check this thread out which has the title as "PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan? + Can it beat the PS3 (10.4M)?"

Quite recent as well.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RolStoppable said:
Roketan said:

??????????

So you said something you can't prove (many predicted 15 million) and now that i am asking for clues you say ''yeah no''? We are not arguing for anything. We are just discussing about the state of PS4 in Japan. Unlike you i am providing all the evidence to back up my claims. If you can't do the same then don't get into discussions at all. And stop spreading lies... (15 million.... looooool).

I think it's important to point out that you have done none of that. You haven't provided a single link to old predictions, so you aren't backing up your claims at all.

What this discussion is, is your word against his. Considering that he has been a member for a longer time than you, I'd be more inclined to believe him than you. When I factor in that I have been a longtime member as well and therefore have witnessed what happened on these forums, I have no choice but to side with him.

The staggered launch of the PS4 led to a wild swing in predictions. Before the PS4 launch in America and Europe, people were cautious about predicting sales for Japan, so the average came out to "it will sell the same amount as the PS3 or a little less". But in early 2014 when the PS4 had launched to big sales in America and Europe, the tone for the upcoming PS4 launch in Japan changed. Predictions that the PS4 would sell more than the PS3 became a lot more common, coupled with statements that the PS4 would pass the Wii U before the end of 2014. After all, the PS4 had already passed the Wii U in a few countries and was on track to do the same in the remaining countries within the next few months. The tone for predictions experienced another drastic change by spring 2014. Obviously, because it became clear that the PS4's worldwide success didn't mean anything for Japan.

I won't provide any links to back up my recollections because it's difficult to find threads that are years old. Believe me, or don't. But there's nothing unreasonable about my recollections because the majority of people tends to make predictions based on the most recent sales history, and only the most recent sales history. PS3 was doing so-so, so people were cautious about the PS4. PS4 did amazingly well in America and Europe, so people started to expect the same for Japan. PS4 struggled in Japan, so people went back to the initial cautious outlook.

You left out one key point that should have been included in the name of unbias.  

After the launch when numbers plummeted people said it wouldn't even pass the Wii U.  It wouldn't even sell 5m. It was dead on arrival.  5k a week numbers were said to be terrible.  10k would be better but 20k+ plus would be considered good.  

And that's why this year it was so satisfying to see it turn into a beast that can sell in this good range.  

Kerotan said:
RolStoppable said:

I think it's important to point out that you have done none of that. You haven't provided a single link to old predictions, so you aren't backing up your claims at all.

What this discussion is, is your word against his. Considering that he has been a member for a longer time than you, I'd be more inclined to believe him than you. When I factor in that I have been a longtime member as well and therefore have witnessed what happened on these forums, I have no choice but to side with him.

The staggered launch of the PS4 led to a wild swing in predictions. Before the PS4 launch in America and Europe, people were cautious about predicting sales for Japan, so the average came out to "it will sell the same amount as the PS3 or a little less". But in early 2014 when the PS4 had launched to big sales in America and Europe, the tone for the upcoming PS4 launch in Japan changed. Predictions that the PS4 would sell more than the PS3 became a lot more common, coupled with statements that the PS4 would pass the Wii U before the end of 2014. After all, the PS4 had already passed the Wii U in a few countries and was on track to do the same in the remaining countries within the next few months. The tone for predictions experienced another drastic change by spring 2014. Obviously, because it became clear that the PS4's worldwide success didn't mean anything for Japan.

I won't provide any links to back up my recollections because it's difficult to find threads that are years old. Believe me, or don't. But there's nothing unreasonable about my recollections because the majority of people tends to make predictions based on the most recent sales history, and only the most recent sales history. PS3 was doing so-so, so people were cautious about the PS4. PS4 did amazingly well in America and Europe, so people started to expect the same for Japan. PS4 struggled in Japan, so people went back to the initial cautious outlook.

You left out one key point that should have been included in the name of unbias.  

After the launch when numbers plummeted people said it wouldn't even pass the Wii U.  It wouldn't even sell 5m. It was dead on arrival.  5k a week numbers were said to be terrible.  10k would be better but 20k+ plus would be considered good.  

And that's why this year it was so satisfying to see it turn into a beast that can sell in this good range.  

Not really, maybe at most one or two people, did but it was not regular prediction, but like I said one person predicted vita beating 3DS. 

This week's releases {2016.08.18}

[PS4] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥8.200)

[PSV] Collar x Malice # <ADV> (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)

Around the Network
horuhe said:
This week's releases {2016.08.18}

[PS4] Tales of Berseria (Bandai Namco Games) (¥8.200)

[PSV] Collar x Malice # (Idea Factory) (¥6.300)

Anything to report? 

Jranation said:

Check this thread out which has the title as "PS4 Lifetime sale in Japan? + Can it beat the PS3 (10.4M)?"

Quite recent as well.

Thanks for that.  

As we can see most comments are saying it will come close to the ps3 but not many are saying it will beat it.  The general consensus is,  it has a chance.  A lot of sense talked in there. 

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Quite recent as well.

Thanks for that.  

As we can see most comments are saying it will come close to the ps3 but not many are saying it will beat it.  The general consensus is,  it has a chance.  A lot of sense talked in there. 

Did you read rol post, or does it go over your head? 

"PS3 was doing so-so, so people were cautious about the PS4. PS4 did amazingly well in America and Europe, so people started to expect the same for Japan. PS4 struggled in Japan, so people went back to the initial cautious outlook." (This last part is reflection of that thread Jr posted)

RolStoppable said:
Kerotan said:

I didn't include the very few people who were fantasizing about the PS4 selling 20m and restoring the era of the PS2 either.

You included "Wii U would be passed in 2014" but you never included the "Wii U won't be passed in 2016" comments either.  And some of those came late in 2015!!

@acevil I read his post after jranations.  Chill ;) can't read them all at once! 

Kerotan said:
RolStoppable said:

I didn't include the very few people who were fantasizing about the PS4 selling 20m and restoring the era of the PS2 either.

You included "Wii U would be passed in 2014" but you never included the "Wii U won't be passed in 2016" comments either.  And some of those came late in 2015!!

@acevil I read his post after jranations.  Chill ;) can't read them all at once! 

Than why quote him, if you did not read his post?