By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky owners chat - Park up your starship and drop anchor!

I wasn't too excited for this game, but a friend of mine loved it so I decided to give it a shot and holy hell I'm in love. I honestly don't know why because if I look at this game with a more "critic" mind set is just 'ok' or 'good' at best, but there's something that I just simple love.

I been playing it for like 20 hours and not feeling bored at all, there's something I guess magical about it, the sense of exploration and scale, I don't know, never I have seen something like this before.

My only big problem is the combat (both ground and space) which are honestly pretty bad, but that's like 10% of the gameplay so its not a big deal. Inventory management is kind of a pain, but I got used to it and after upgrading my exosuit and ship space (20 and 21 slots respectively) I don't mind this much anymore.

Haven't taken many screenshots, only this one really, though I love the cat-reptil-shark

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network

The red dots on the scanner to detect undiscovered animals is useful. At the moment I'm collecting the atlas stones, apparently I need 10 to be able to do something.

Weird glitch. That extreme planet I was on was littered with Gravitino balls. They normally don't stack, yet when I went to a galactic terminal the game claimed I had 24 of them while they only used 10 slots. One was a stack, 14 of 100. Curious if it would make another stack I duped the stack a couple of times, however when it would go over 100 the game crashed. The game now also had a 50% chance of crashing on startup with that glitchy stack. I'll sell it before it can cause more trouble. (You only need 10 for photon canon coolant +3)

After a couple retries loading the game again and trying to pick up the cargo again this happened lol. Lost the other stuff I guess, but got enough cash to buy the atlas stones back anyway. Best to stop messing with the game, had another dozen crashes again. 1 stack worth 2.75 mil isn't bad lol.

I settled on my final design for the multi-tool, glad I don't have to watch my stock of materials for that anymore, rebuilding with each multi-tool improvement.  Unless there are still better upgrades to be found.

Focussed on beam power, boltcaster is only really there to open doors.

And apparently you can land on water sometimes

I think I'm discovering more glitches than interesting planets. I'm still following the atlas trail, the little story bits are interesting enough to keep going. After I'll be seeking out some different color stars with the tau and sigma warp reactors.

John2290 said:

how many hours?

Must be well over 20 on this playthough (had to start over after the first 8 hours), a lot from screwing around through remote play during the day. Now it's time for some exploring on the big screen with that lovely soundtrack and no interruptions. The only thing I still have trouble with is finding all the species. I tried again on a planet with 9 species. Last one was a high flying bird that was imossible to scan in the air and after shooting it down it simply disappeared in the grass somewhere, disappears from the scanner. Damn fov is so narrow it's hard to keep track of them.

John2290 said:

I agree, the FOV is bollached. Makes me feel claustrophopic and makes me wanna puke now and then and I'm having serious trouble catalouguing the planets too, always missing two. Let me know if ya find any reliable ways. And how the heck do ya have 62,000 million. I've gathered like 10 mil total in my 25-30 hours. Tips? No glitches, though.

I cheated on my second playthrough.  (From a space station, fly out, rotate 180, fire couple shots at space station and die, reload previous save, sell cargo, pick up cargo from grave marker, repeat, or don't sell and double the most valuable commodities first, full ship of gold or or better goes fast, 5 mil per load in the end)

I did it the legit way in my first 8 hour playthrough. I was on a planet with abundent caves full of clusters of plutonium and the occasional block of gold. A few basic upgrades to the multi-tool makes mining very fast and the space station right above that planet paid double for plutonium (+103%). Luck of the draw as that was my starter system. I traded up to a bigger ship and kept exploring the caves while mining and ended up with a 34 slot ship. I had the highest standing with the Gek already so ship prices were reduced as well making it faster to get more cargo space and thus more plutonium to sell. Then it turned out that by trading my ship I had lost my warp drive charge and my starter system had no anti-matter. Could not leave :(

Still no reliable way for zoology, still no complete set. Looking for red dots on the scanner in the air, under water, in caves, always missing some. I'm going to try to find a planet with abundant life first, that might help. It seems the space anomalies work down the list of milestones for upgrades and you need a certain level (3 or 4) in each to get a new blue print (well maybe new, already known is all I get now after 20 hours). There's only 2 left on the list and luckily zoology is last but still at 0 while I have most of the rest maxed. (Just warp and ship combat are at 6 and 7 out of 10)

Talking about ship combat, what a clusterfuck trying to help those traders fight of pirates in a distress call. One stray shot that hits the trader (easily done with that fov as the attackers zip back and forth in front of them) and the trader ship opens fire on you (why don't they use those canons on the pirates...) and sentinels come in to hunt you down (why don't they fight the pirates either). Keep a whole bunch of iron in stock to manually recharge your shields every 30 seconds. That was only my second fight, went up from 10 to 50 ships killed, out of 14 pirates to take out lol. The last one kept eluding me while new sentinals kept spwaning as soun as I took out the last group.

Around the Network

The PS5 Exists. 

Found a planet 🌍 littered with albumen pearls, 30k a pop. Easy to mine and right next to on planet trading post. Might spend a few hours here.

Erm, ok I didn't see that one before!

I went to a blue system last night, B6 star. Dunno if it's really different, there was some new rare resource on one of the planets. No clue if it has any purpose.

First planet had some pretty canyons and lots of arches

On the second I finally got my first fauna set complete. All 8 species appeared!

The best way to hunt them is to jetpack glide over the terrain at speed with the scanner out. While walking it slows you down to a crawl yet while flying you can get a good look while moving. Look for white dots in the distance, they'll disolve one or twice as you get closer and the lod updates. When you get close enough they'll turn green or red. Sometimes their stuck underground which means you have to find a cave. Birds are easily spotted by their shadows, they'll show up eventually.

However all that still didn't help me on the last planet in that system

Pretty barren, should be easy to spot animals right... Found 3 species in caves, 1 bird species, rest on land, yet 3 out of 14 remain elusive after an hour of searching, 90% of the time looking through the scanner.

I can confirm that you can walk around the planet. It was a small moon and where I started that planet was sunk 15% below the horizon, where I saved for the night it was 15% above the horizon. I could also see the space station from this moon and another planet further away. So maybe it's true it's not all a skybox. What I think happens is that the planets, space station etc don't move or rotate, but that the space skybox with the sun painted on rotates around everything. That explains the standard day/night cycle and the lack of celestial movements apart from the sun. It's as if you're in a giant static snow globe that rotates every 15 minutes.

John2290 said:
Its started crashing every ten minutes...the fuck?

You must be having all my crashes, mine hasn't crashed in ages. 

John2290 said:
Its started crashing every ten minutes...the fuck?

Yeah, it goes through stages like that. Just keep playing and eventually it sorts itself out. I'm now playing for hours and hours without a problem, but I know it will start crashing again at some point so I just jump in and out of my ship or save it at every opportunity. It's worth sticking it out because it's such a good game.

The PS5 Exists.