By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky owners chat - Park up your starship and drop anchor!

The latest Nvidia drivers that released to increase performance of NMS mad my game actually perform worse with noticeable stuttering but now the PC performance has definitely improved with the latest patches 66mb yesterday and another 8mb patch today, and I'm now exploring planets with extreme weather conditions/lighting and it's running so smooth now, No idea what the patch was for and I've not seen any patch notes but the only crash issues I had is now fixed which was when playing in fullscreen and alt-tabbing out of game crashed so you couldn't maximise back in but this was fixed by playing in borderless window mode anyway.

Also noticed a few QoL changes such as now clicking through menu's are instant upon clicking rather than requiring you to hold left mouse button down for a second making it a lot smoother to navigate which seems such a minor change but is great :D

Around the Network

I visited a red system last night, couple barren planets and one more promising. However with moderate fauna again no luck finding the last species after an hour of jet packing around. It had lots of water and luckily when you enter the water at speed with the jet pack you keep going at the same speed without slowing down to the usual agonizingly slow swimming speed. As a bonus the jet pack recharges quickly in the water, timing it right you can hop over the next island, drop back down in the water, never stopping while scanning the environment for life forms.

Weird fish things. I tried feeding them, doesn't work.

Kinda odd the water was red as seen from above, green underwater. Perhaps it wasn't water, can't have -15c water, it should be ice...

It had huge flying worm things too, bugged. Whole group of them were simply stationary in the air in formation. Can't shoot them down, only way to scan them was to make a fly by with the jet pack.

I can confirm big scale battles. I warped into a star system and it came up "war detected" (or something similar) and there were about 10 to 15 fighter ships attacking a space freighter. I kept clear!

How far are people away from galatic core? I haven't tried to travel to far yet so I'm about 165k lightyears away

Cool thread. I had not seen this.
Didn't know there was a safe place to talk about this game on this site.

I'm curious, has anyone masterd any aliens language yet?

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network

People just hate hyped games that aren't by the typical AAA developers. Ubisoft, Activision and EA make the same shitty games over and over and get PRAISED for it, despite their faults. Screw the haters. No Man's Sky is exactly what the fans hoped it would be. Of course someone like Brian Cox is stoked on it. He was actually my favorite astrophysicist. I don't know exactly what propelled Neil DeGrassr Tyson to fame, but I definitely respect him as well.

SWORDF1SH said:
I can confirm big scale battles. I warped into a star system and it came up "war detected" (or something similar) and there were about 10 to 15 fighter ships attacking a space freighter. I kept clear!

Yep, I've had it also.  In fact I've encountered pretty much everything I remember either hearing about, seeing on video or reading I could do except MP.  That's only thing I haven't done.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

SWORDF1SH said:

That's not big. I came into a system, distress signal, 37 pirates left to take out! I went somewhere else, lacked the patience lol. They weren't all attacking at once anyway, little groups at each trader ignoring you until you attack them. (not helping their friends in danger, pick em off one or two at a time) Strangely the traders didn't fire back, nor in the next battle with 17 pirates (Maybe that's fixed in 1.04) Not much of a battle when the pirates simply circle around the trader firing yet doing no damage what so ever.

I'm still 178k from the core, losely following the Atlas path checking out different colored stars. I finally found the final species of 11 on a planet around a red star. It was an aggressive spider on top of a mountain, just one, did not see another one. Took almost 2 hours to find.

Floating island hopping with the jet pack

I didn't make this 'jump'

But it seems you can't die from fall damage. No matter from how high up I plummet, it always takes 20-25% of the shield, no more.

Lrdfancypants said:

Cool thread. I had not seen this.
Didn't know there was a safe place to talk about this game on this site.

I'm curious, has anyone masterd any aliens language yet?

No idea when you master a language, I'm 3 words shy of 500, most of them vy'keen. Aout 60-70% of their text is now readable.

I finished the Atlas path last night, just jumped straight to the next terminal instead of following the paths. With the 3 drive upgrades linked together I can jump just over 1600 light years in a single jump. (No point in using black holes, they don't go nearly as far and damage your ship) The altlas story was cute, yet a bit cliche and inconsequential. Next off to the center. I stopped at a class O star first to do some exploring. The first planet there is another icy world, doesn't look very exotic.

A previous wintry planet around an Atlas interface

The game has a new glitch. It often catapults me off into a certain direction when it create a restore point. The last panet I landed on I got catapulted out of the ship on landing down a mountain. 200 yards further on I face planted against a rock.

I got shot over that hill crest out in front of my ship. One game hickup later (while saving) I was already past that hill. It happens too underwater, really at any save points. During the slight pause while saving it shoots my character off somewhere.