By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky owners chat - Park up your starship and drop anchor!

SWORDF1SH said:
I don't know if anyone as mentioned it but I've found sand on a planet but in patches. As anybody found a desert yet?

I've been on a few desert like planets. The most recent one had these huge over the ground tunnel like structures and floating brain / jelly fish things. When I shot them they blew up and gave me radox (I think it's called that). 

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Fei-Hung said:
There are so many things in hooked too. First it was the language, then it was completing the Atlas path, now it's maxing out my suit and following the black hole path.

I also want to get a new ship that had about 40 slots. My current one has 32 and i was going to go for a 33 one I found at a crash site, but the problem was having to get the material for some of the higher end gear i had.

On a side note, if you have a warp drive Theta, can I get rid of the Sigma, or do these stack as well?

There is a black hole path?

The warp drives stack as well, with all 3 of them linked up with the hyperdrive I can jump a bit over 1600 ly a go.

There isn't, I'm just calling it that. I've completed the Atlas path. I'm doing the galactic centre path now where I am using my sigma and theta warp to get to a black hole and then repeating the process. I really want a new ship but they are way too expensive. 

On a side note, I'm really enjoying the dog fights. I've taken out a few fugitives and rescued several trade ships. It's got to the point where i travel with lots of material on purpose so I can blast pirates out of the sky. 

Ugh 1.05 just crashed on me after about an hour. I was looking for the last species (again) on the planet I landed yesterday. I was trying to find it in a deep cave when the game froze and blue report error screen.

Mountains do seem taller in this O star system with larger bodies of water too than I've seen before. (mixed with large land masses I mean)

I've seen sand too, ripled rock painted yellow. No real desert yet though, nor ice. I was swimming in -66c 'water' exploring an underwater cave system, freeze or drown take your pick. And another glitch, got attacked through the ceiling of a cave. Couple feet and a tail sticking out the ceiling. I could shoot it too but it didn't fall down when killed.

I really wish there was some more info where to find the creatures or a better scanner. Damn those "member of an already discovered species" red dots. Don't get my hopes up for nothing!

SvennoJ said:

Ugh 1.05 just crashed on me after about an hour. I was looking for the last species (again) on the planet I landed yesterday. I was trying to find it in a deep cave when the game froze and blue report error screen.

Mountains do seem taller in this O star system with larger bodies of water too than I've seen before. (mixed with large land masses I mean)

I've seen sand too, ripled rock painted yellow. No real desert yet though, nor ice. I was swimming in -66c 'water' exploring an underwater cave system, freeze or drown take your pick. And another glitch, got attacked through the ceiling of a cave. Couple feet and a tail sticking out the ceiling. I could shoot it too but it didn't fall down when killed.

I really wish there was some more info where to find the creatures or a better scanner. Damn those "member of an already discovered species" red dots. Don't get my hopes up for nothing!

Finding species is a biaaaaaatch. So often I've managed to find all but the last one or two. I've searched in water, in the sky and caves and found nothing. It's incredibly annoying. 

I really hope they patch the sol extreme planet trophy. There is no way I'm going to sit idle on any planet for 8-9 hours. They should have just kept it add a total time across all extreme planets. If that's the trophy that stops me plating the game, I'll be real pissed!

Versus_Evil said:

Are black holes fixed???!?!! :O like they actually take you closer now?

I have no idea where I'm travelling to. I just go with the flow lol 

Around the Network

Brian Cox That's Why I Love Physics Almost as Must As I Love No Man's Sky Award #1

The first Brian Cox Award will be given out for best caption to this,

Versus_Evil said:
Fei-Hung said:

If you look at how close you've got to the center after taking one... (Before the patch, maybe still a problem)  you would have traveled 0 miles closer O_o

You know what, I've not even looked at that number at all >.< I didn't even know they have you a number! 

Versus_Evil said:
Fei-Hung said:

If you look at how close you've got to the center after taking one... (Before the patch, maybe still a problem)  you would have traveled 0 miles closer O_o

Took a black hole earlier and I think it took me a couple k closer. I definitey went towards the center but not sure how much.

Versus_Evil said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Took a black hole earlier and I think it took me a couple k closer. I definitey went towards the center but not sure how much.

IF they worked like intended the first one would have actually taken me 800k miles closer :o

Off the top of my head 800,000 miles equals about... 1.3608624e-7 light years. So black holes are pretty shit :p

Versus_Evil said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Off the top of my head 800,000 miles equals about... 1.3608624e-7 light years. So black holes are pretty shit :p

Anything closer Is better tho :( 

not when I can take the bus and be quicker lol