By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PAL Charts week 13 (2008) Gt5 prologue begin

BKK2 said:
Yakuzaice said:
Does anyone know what the 18 games are that beat GT5:P's opening week numbers?

Not all 18, but we have 13 games that sold over 100k first week:

FASTEST PRODUCTS TO REACH - SILVER STATUS
GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY PS2   1 WEEK
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 PS2   1 WEEK
WWF SMACKDOWN 2 PSX   1 WEEK
CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 4 CDR   1 WEEK
FIFA 2004 PS2   1 WEEK
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 4 PS2   1 WEEK
GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS PS2   1 WEEK
HALO 2 XBOX   1 WEEK
GRAN TURISMO 4 PS2   1 WEEK
FIFA 06 PS2   1 WEEK
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5 PS2   1 WEEK
FIFA 07 PS2   1 WEEK
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 PS2   1 WEEK

Link

So GT5:P didn't quite make 100k first week, but was probably close. No other current gen game has sold 100k first week in UK, so it's a pretty big debut for GT5:P considering the installed base.

It's strange this story, because halo 3 did 465 k in his first week or something like that if i remember good, and no halo 3 in your stats.

Around the Network

No Pokemon on the list either.

lombard2578 said:
BKK2 said:
Yakuzaice said:
Does anyone know what the 18 games are that beat GT5:P's opening week numbers?

Not all 18, but we have 13 games that sold over 100k first week:

FASTEST PRODUCTS TO REACH - SILVER STATUS
GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY PS2   1 WEEK
METAL GEAR SOLID 2 PS2   1 WEEK
WWF SMACKDOWN 2 PSX   1 WEEK
CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER 4 CDR   1 WEEK
FIFA 2004 PS2   1 WEEK
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 4 PS2   1 WEEK
GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS PS2   1 WEEK
HALO 2 XBOX   1 WEEK
GRAN TURISMO 4 PS2   1 WEEK
FIFA 06 PS2   1 WEEK
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5 PS2   1 WEEK
FIFA 07 PS2   1 WEEK
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 PS2   1 WEEK

Link

So GT5:P didn't quite make 100k first week, but was probably close. No other current gen game has sold 100k first week in UK, so it's a pretty big debut for GT5:P considering the installed base.

It's strange this story, because halo 3 did 465 k in his first week or something like that if i remember good, and no halo 3 in your stats.

Of course, you are right, seem like they haven't updated their "fastest selling" charts for a while. Halo 3 should be number 2 on that list.

It’s no surprise that Microsoft and Bungie are No1 in the All Formats Chart with ‘Halo 3’. ‘Halo 3’ storms in as the second fastest selling game ever in the UK, behind ‘Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas’.

The UK’s love-affair with Rockstar’s PS2 San Andreas almost 3 years ago is still the benchmark for week 1 and lifetime sales. However, the PS2 installed base back then was around 6.6m (after 4 years) – Microsoft have to make do with ‘just’ 1.4m in less than 2 years. Released on Wednesday 26th September for the first time on Microsoft’s Xbox 360 format, ‘Halo 3’ was bought by 1 in 3 Xbox 360 owners in its first week, whereas 1 in 6 Xbox owners bought ‘Halo 2’ and back in PS2’s heyday (week 44 2004) 1 in 10 PS2 owners bought ‘San Andreas’. Although ‘Halo 3’ had a headstart on San Andreas with 4 days of sales in its first week rather than San Andreas’ 2 days, the launch is still very impressive, helping to more than double the sales of Xbox 360 hardware to the highest level shown this year and even beats Nintendo’s Wii for the first time since week 13 this year.

68% of Xbox 360 software sales this week were of ‘Halo 3’ (compared to 56% of PS2 software for San Andreas’ launch), pushing Microsoft’s format to its highest sales week ever (comfortably beating week 51 2006 which was the previous highest).

‘Halo 3’ is not the only massive game to be launched this week: EA’s ‘FIFA 08’ kicks off at No2 in the All Formats Chart with the biggest opening week of any FIFA game. The PS2 version accounts for 44% of sales, the Xbox 360 version 26%, 20% on PS3 and 10% across the remaining formats (PSP, Wii, PC and DS). The Xbox 360 version of ‘FIFA 08’ is the third fastest selling Xbox 360 game in the UK, behind ‘Halo 3’ and ‘Gears of War’. 83% of all Xbox 360 software sales were for ‘Halo 3’ and ‘FIFA 08’.

There are a total of 7 new games in this week’s All Formats Top 40 released by 5 different publishers – Microsoft, EA, THQ, Sega and Activision. The next highest new entry is THQ’s ‘Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights’ at No5, then ‘Sega Rally’ at No7 and EA’s ‘Skate’ on Xbox 360 at No11. Activision’s PC-only ‘Quake Wars: Enemy Territory’ can only manage No16, while THQ’s ‘Ratatouille’ sneaks in at No39 in anticipation of the film’s UK release on October 12th.

Link

@BKK2: I don't think this list is complete. For example there is no Halo 3 (which sold close to half million first week) and probably Fifa 08 for PS2. I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than 18 games that have broken 100k first week.

Yes, I think there probably is more than 18 games over 100k first week, I shall go through Chart-Track news and try to update the list myself.

Around the Network
Neos said:
Torillian said:
Some would expect that I suppose, personally I was never a huge proponent of the "GT5P will decimate all" idea so if GT5P can't beat a multiplatform game in one country then that's ok with me.

well atleast you are more realistic than some here! =D

Nah I am simply unrealistic about certain games, not this one. If FFXIII got beaten by anything, and I do mean anything, i.e. if Halo 4 was put out on the same day by some stretch of the imagination, if it was outsold I would cry and whine and call false. I guess I'm just not as much of a GT fan. I think that's alot of the people who are talking about huge numbers are not people that want it to do good because of the console it's on, but just fans of the series that want it to do well regardless.

Of course there's no way to prove what I just talked about so I guess I"m just talking out of my ass ^^

PES 6 was the last update on that list, and launched October 27 2006, so any games released since October 2006 aren't included, which explains the lack of current gen titles.

@BKK2: It's not official but ioi said in one of the pal charts (when AC debuted) that AC for X360 made 135k first week and CoD4 (for X360) 115k in its second week.
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=10231

So with mentioned eariler Halo 3 and Fifa for PS2 there are at least 17 games that broke 100k first week. The other game I think of are Vegas 2 for X360 (only 1k below AC according to chart track), Fifa 08 for X360 (it's very close to 100k as it can be calculated from chart track news) and PES for PS2.

So about 1 million retail preorders, and about 150.000 in UK alone. May be the game is making about 700.000-800.000 this week?

I expect PS3 hardware between 120-140 thousand units in europe

it seems pro evo wii had a decent starting week. good for gt5p

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!