By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software up!

Very intriguing. I didn't expect 3DS sales to be so potent. Congrats to Xbox for winning in the home console front.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Around the Network
iTzCharlie said:
Everyone, regarding xb1 victory, downplay it talking about the firesales, but no one talks about the slim realising only few week after july.......so typical......

$100 cheaper with multiple games packed in and only sold 10k more than ps4 on an average month for it.  Not good no matter how you look at it.  

3DS on the other hand is impressive. 

sega mega drive > ps4 xbone1 3ds wiiu steam ps4neo xboneslim nintendo nx xbox scorpio

Kerotan said:
iTzCharlie said:
Everyone, regarding xb1 victory, downplay it talking about the firesales, but no one talks about the slim realising only few week after july.......so typical......

$100 cheaper with multiple games packed in and only sold 10k more than ps4 on an average month for it.  Not good no matter how you look at it.  

3DS on the other hand is impressive. 

do you have any 3ds numbers 

the ps4 neo and ps4 slim rumors are killing ps sells at the moment

Around the Network
iTzCharlie said:

thismeintiel said:

Very poor. Especially when you consider the PS4 didn't do great to begin with. I mean, it would be one thing if the PS4 did 290K and the XBO did 300K. But both didn't even do 200K.

Of course, I wouldn't expect PS4 to do that great. We're in a slow month and the PS4 is only $50 cheaper than it was at launch. A pricecut it got almost a year ago. Had Sony announced a cut to $299 this month, I wouldn't be surprised if it had sold 290K. That would still have left a $249 XBO more than 100K behind it. Not good

Kerotan said:

Sounds like old VGChartz moved to reddit.  

So xbox was selling for roughly $100 cheaper in July than ps4 with a lot more games bundled but only wins by 10k. I think that's a pretty poor showing.  

don't you guys get, that you're doing the exact same thing you complain about? ;)

imho the xbox one sales this month are neither poor nor great.
they should be considered decent. this month YoY drop was only 9% compared to 30% and 23% in June and an May
negative impact for xb1 performance was the overall declining demand for 3 years old tec (including the wait for the new model next month) and no new big software release (like batman last year)
positive impact for xb1 performance was the new pricepoint and huge primedeals

that's the context, that matters.

Jodaa said:

don't you guys get, that you're doing the exact same thing you complain about? ;)

they should be considered decent. this month YoY drop was only 9% compared to 30% and 23% in June and an May
negative impact for xb1 performance was the overall declining demand for 3 years old tec (including the wait for the new model next month) and no new big software release (like batman last year)

I agree with this

Jodaa said:
iTzCharlie said:

thismeintiel said:

Very poor. Especially when you consider the PS4 didn't do great to begin with. I mean, it would be one thing if the PS4 did 290K and the XBO did 300K. But both didn't even do 200K.

Of course, I wouldn't expect PS4 to do that great. We're in a slow month and the PS4 is only $50 cheaper than it was at launch. A pricecut it got almost a year ago. Had Sony announced a cut to $299 this month, I wouldn't be surprised if it had sold 290K. That would still have left a $249 XBO more than 100K behind it. Not good

Kerotan said:

Sounds like old VGChartz moved to reddit.  

So xbox was selling for roughly $100 cheaper in July than ps4 with a lot more games bundled but only wins by 10k. I think that's a pretty poor showing.  

greart respone i agree with you

I expected a bit more than just under 10k unit gap between Xbox One and PS4 given the price drop, but MS did take NPD July 2016 any way you cut it. August will be interesting given the release of the Slim. It would be quite funny if MS don't win August.

Jodaa said:
naruball said:

It is. Just keep in mind that most of us here greatly appreciate you sharing npd numbers with us.

some1 over there got banned for defending (or attack the mods, depends how you want to look at it) her :D

Speaking of being banned...Prinz I have to give it to you man.....your dedication to this site is other worldly my friend.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23